Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oil Leak advice  (Read 1240 times)

Raymienets

• Glasgow
    • 2.2 cd & 2.6 LPG
    • View Profile
Oil Leak advice
« on: 05 September 2012, 13:20:14 »

Car just back from MOT one advisory was that it had an oil leak at the back of head. Tester says it was dripping onto gearbox but was unable to locate were the leak was coming from as it was saturated in oil. Had no idea as I was not losing any oil or no oil marks in the driveway. Is ther any pipes at the back that could be leaking or am a looking at a more serious problem. Its on the 2.2. cheers in advance

Proz

• Omega Baron
  • Largoward , Fife , Scotland
    • Omega-less now :-/
    • View Profile
Re: Oil Leak advice
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2012, 13:51:32 »

There is a small cut out on the back of the cam cover on the passenger side .... if you put a finger or two under the coil pack plug and slightly to the right youll feel it.
I had the same and couldnt figure out where it was from. Mine was leaking from there running down onto gearbox at passenger side .
I believe its to let excess oil drain out if the cam cover gaskets gone and filling the plug wells.
It became clear to me when i had mine off to do the cam cover what the little notch out was for .
I'll try and get a picture of mine if i can get the camera down .

Edit ... Ive put a more accurate location of the cut out ... couldnt get the camera to picture it.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2012, 13:57:34 by Proz »
Get yourself Giff Gaff'ed here :-) ...  http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/proz

Raymienets

• Glasgow
    • 2.2 cd & 2.6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2012, 15:14:57 »

There is a small cut out on the back of the cam cover on the passenger side .... if you put a finger or two under the coil pack plug and slightly to the right youll feel it.
I had the same and couldnt figure out where it was from. Mine was leaking from there running down onto gearbox at passenger side .
I believe its to let excess oil drain out if the cam cover gaskets gone and filling the plug wells.
It became clear to me when i had mine off to do the cam cover what the little notch out was for .
I'll try and get a picture of mine if i can get the camera down .

Edit ... Ive put a more accurate location of the cut out ... couldnt get the camera to picture it.

Cheers will have to investigate

Proz

• Omega Baron
  • Largoward , Fife , Scotland
    • Omega-less now :-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2012, 15:42:16 »

Theres something quite pleasing about fumbling around in a dark area to find a hole but worrying if theres something leaking from it covering the fingers  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::)
Get yourself Giff Gaff'ed here :-) ...  http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/proz

Raymienets

• Glasgow
    • 2.2 cd & 2.6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2012, 17:42:19 »

Theres something quite pleasing about fumbling around in a dark area to find a hole but worrying if theres something leaking from it covering the fingers  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::)

Suppose ur right  :y :y :y :y

gisajob1

• wellingborough
    • omega 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 September 2012, 14:20:40 »

It  could need a new rocker box cover gasket, I had the same problem, new gasket solved.

Raymienets

• Glasgow
    • 2.2 cd & 2.6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 September 2012, 16:23:57 »

It  could need a new rocker box cover gasket, I had the same problem, new gasket solved.

Think its time to replace then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.