Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Got fmy licence back today......  (Read 1974 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Got fmy licence back today......
« on: 23 February 2013, 21:04:41 »

After its 10 year renewal of photo.. :P :P

Went into a 'dedicated' post office on Wednesday, they took my photo and £24.50, no mention on the form of the additional £4.50 for the post office to do their bit.... ::) ::) But got it back today, so pretty quick and they have renewed my PSV and HGV for next 5 years, was due in a couple of years, so all in all pretty good service.......... :y :y

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
Re: Got fmy licence back today......
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2013, 22:19:35 »

psv and hgv, do you still need them.?

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2013, 22:26:50 »

psv and hgv, do you still need them.?

Is the Government still making cuts?   If the worst came to the worst I would rather have them, loads of part time bus driving jobs around here and have previously worked for most of the local companies..... :y :y

Also possibly part of an early retirement plan.... :y :y

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2013, 07:51:15 »

Don't forget Vamps you also need your Driver's CPC after September 2013 or your licences for HGV and PCV are not worth the paper they are written on!!
best wishes
Simon.

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2013, 12:37:16 »

Don't forget Vamps you also need your Driver's CPC after September 2013 or your licences for HGV and PCV are not worth the paper they are written on!!
You must of completed 37 hours cpc before september 2014 for psv and it's september 2016 for LGV.
You can apply for a grant from the ILA (independant learning authority) for £200 every year to pay for the cpc this is what I done. You need to do a coarse every year to keep above the 37 hours it's a load of 'dangle berries' from the tits in Brussels and the digi tacho card is every 5 years at a cost of £19

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 24 February 2013, 18:16:17 »

You must of completed 37 hours cpc before september 2014 for psv and it's september 2016 for LGV.
You can apply for a grant from the ILA (independant learning authority) for £200 every year to pay for the cpc this is what I done. You need to do a coarse every year to keep above the 37 hours it's a load of 'dangle berries' from the tits in Brussels and the digi tacho card is every 5 years at a cost of £19
Easily done in five days if you have the spare time :y one day a week will see it completed in a month, but course spaces are starting to get scarce :-\ costs about £400 to do the whole thing, a bit more if doing in cab modules :y

Just to clarify, PSV is September 2013, HGV is September 2014 for existing licence holders :y
« Last Edit: 24 February 2013, 18:19:33 by ex taxi al »

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 February 2013, 19:42:42 »

is that your flying licence mr vamps :D :D :D :D
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 February 2013, 21:13:28 »

Easily done in five days if you have the spare time :y one day a week will see it completed in a month, but course spaces are starting to get scarce :-\ costs about £400 to do the whole thing, a bit more if doing in cab modules :y

Just to clarify, PSV is September 2013, HGV is September 2014 for existing licence holders :y

Bugger I had forgotten about that, I was chatting to someone a couple of years ago about this, sure the costs were around £2k   Just had a quick look around and some courses, might just look into the PSV one, much easier to get some weekend work with the summer coming if I need to get some hours in.....

ted_one

« Reply #8 on: 24 February 2013, 21:44:43 »

Like Vamps,I've been out of the loop for over 18 months after having my PCV licence temporarily suspended due to having two rounds of eye surgery,I've got a mate who does the in house CPC courses at National Express and because I haven't made a start on the CPC he's said that the best way to get it done without the costs involved is to go back too N/X as I had previously worked there and then do my CPC with them...simples.
I also have an interview tomorrow and the first thing they asked on the phone,was did I have a driver's card and had I taken any parts of the CPC,which obviously the anwer was no,but they are apparently willing to put me through the CPC(Hmm :-\ no such thing as a free lunch) So it looks like if you want to work then it's make a plan time :y

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 February 2013, 21:51:30 »

From what I hear thought the companies around Stockton area who employ part time drivers have been expecting them to pay for their own training, though those who contract to the Council were 'advised' to cover at least half of the costs....... ;) ;)

ted_one

« Reply #10 on: 24 February 2013, 22:05:10 »

I'm pretty sure that's going to be the case down here as well and like yourself I'm not sure that I want to go back to full time as I have a similar plan of easing up to retirement.I think I'm going to look at the whole thing more closely and see wether I can be bothered, and as I'm 65 in October which then means a medical every year I'm thinking I might give it a miss :-\

albitz

« Reply #11 on: 24 February 2013, 22:08:07 »

Whats a "fmy icence" ?  :-\ ::) :P

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 February 2013, 22:27:24 »

Whats a "fmy icence" ?  :-\ ::) :P

-f    ....   :)  :)  :)

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 February 2013, 22:28:56 »

Thanks E....... :y :y

adey2

• nuneaton, warwickshire
  • if all else fails hit it with a hammer
    • 2000 3.0 elite estate lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 February 2013, 22:51:44 »

ive got 3rd part of mine to do next saturday, could get away with it as my brother does the training so just give him a drink, but work for me paying it so happy days, im hgv btw
v6 locking kit , code reader available, engine hoist and engine stand

also has 2.6 mv6 estate 2001, hilux surf 3.0, vectra 2.0 lpg 2000
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.