Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 03 facelift front wheel neg camber  (Read 2414 times)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 03 facelift front wheel neg camber
« Reply #15 on: 18 March 2007, 21:47:08 »

I found my local tyrefitter very helpful with 4 wheel, laser alignment facility.  Free check and £30 to reset - £15 if only the fronts needed adjustment.

This is simply a case of checking the tracking and camber and making fine adjustments.  He couldn't set it 100% first time round but it turned out my track rod ends were shot as well as the wishbones i'd just replaced.  

Try ringing round a few local firms, avoid Kwik Fit etc & look for local run outfit,  if they need any help Tony at Wheelsinmotion may be kind enough to give them a steer.

BTW I have a 03 2.2CD and wishbones & track rod ends failed at around 40k. I blame speedbumps :(
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 March 2007, 21:52:11 »

I found my local tyrefitter very helpful with 4 wheel, laser alignment facility.  Free check and £30 to reset - £15 if only the fronts needed adjustment.

This is simply a case of checking the tracking and camber and making fine adjustments.  He couldn't set it 100% first time round but it turned out my track rod ends were shot as well as the wishbones i'd just replaced.  

Try ringing round a few local firms, avoid Kwik Fit etc & look for local run outfit,  if they need any help Tony at Wheelsinmotion may be kind enough to give them a steer.

BTW I have a 03 2.2CD and wishbones & track rod ends failed at around 40k. I blame speedbumps :(

Remember, its worth getting a FULL GEOMETRY check, and by someone who understands what they are doing.  One end of the factory specified tolerance is likely to cause excessive inner edge wear, so the operator has to be aware of this.
Grumpy old man

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 March 2007, 22:07:26 »

Hi

Just recently bought an 02 2.2i CD Saloon with only 24k (now done 26k) had recently had a new set of front tyres just before I bought it (less than 1k ago) and I have noticed they are starting to wear prematurely on BOTH front wheels on the OUTSIDE edge. :(

Could this just be the tracking OR does my Meega need a full geometry check????

Does anyone know a decent place where I can get this checked out in Notts???

Dan

Sounds like excessive toe-in but dont just have tracking done, check out condition of suspension bushes etc and if OK get a full alignment check done.
There is a place in Basford.

omegadan2.2i

• Worksop, Notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 March 2007, 21:54:37 »

[/quote]

Sounds like excessive toe-in but dont just have tracking done, check out condition of suspension bushes etc and if OK get a full alignment check done.
There is a place in Basford.[/quote]

What's this place called in Basford - are they good and what sort of price???

Dan

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 March 2007, 00:14:31 »

Nottingham Alignment Services

Check your phone book under wheel alignment, there may be somewhere nearer
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.