Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Litre Rocker Cover Gasket Air Leak Check  (Read 679 times)

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
2 Litre Rocker Cover Gasket Air Leak Check
« on: 21 March 2007, 11:40:48 »

Hiya Chaps just a quick one.

Whats the best way of checking to see if you have an air leak on the rocker cover gasket.

I had mine changed by a Mech Guy when i had my Head Gasket Changed but i think he has tightened it up to much or used a non Vx on as i can see new clean oil around the rocker cover only a really small amount but  i should have none at all in my opinion.

I am going to clean it up tomorrow to see it it returns but i just wnated to check if there was a way of checking to see if it is letting in air.

I don't have oil in the wells so its ok that side but i just want to make sure without removing the rocker cover.

And I cant really hear a hissing.

I bet he over tightened it.

Thanks

Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Litre Rocker Cover Gasket Air Leak Check
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2007, 12:27:49 »

After changing mine 3 times and finally getting it right the only way I've found is through checking for that oil when its running.

When I changed them the first time I could actually see the oil running!!!  I've been checking what I can everyday, and so far, touch wood, its as it should be..

My passenger side cover had been overtightened 6 of the bolt were seriously tight, and 2 of them had worked themselves loose - although the cover didn't appear warped, changing the gasket wasn't enough and eventually ended up with the cover being changed.  Blinding deal from autovaux, 57 quid for the genuine gm cover, with genuine gm gaskets already installed...

HTH

Chris.
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.