Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Further to Opti's insurance thread  (Read 1071 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Further to Opti's insurance thread
« on: 28 May 2021, 20:33:52 »

I wonder what the effects of this will be? New buyers charged more, or renewers charged less? And how will comparison sites react?

Insurers must not penalise loyal customers, says FCA https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57270415
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Further to Opti's insurance thread
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2021, 21:02:45 »

I doubt much will change
every year i get a renewal notice, log into 3 comparison sites ,
then phone my insurer and batter them down to comparable prices  ::)
this year my renewal was nearly £75 more than i paid last year
after a phone call I paid £5 less than last years premium (£80 off the bulls**t renewal price)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2021, 21:07:51 »

What is the constant motivation to suggest that the poorest people don't have reliable internet access to research deals/use comparison sites?

If they're that poor, then they probably don't have a car, and all their utilities are paid via a key/card at the meter.

Even then they probably have the latest iphone because that's deemed to be almost as much of a birthright as fags and booze.

Fair enough some older people may not be particularly savvy, but you should get the same price regardless of whether you ring up or shop on line. :-\

The unintended consequence of this news, is that it will make the insurance industry less competitive which will end up being worse for the consumer in the long run.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if ultimately you end up paying your RFL and insurance in one payment based on emissions and mileage :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2021, 21:34:47 »

I doubt much will change
every year i get a renewal notice, log into 3 comparison sites ,
then phone my insurer and batter them down to comparable prices  ::)
this year my renewal was nearly £75 more than i paid last year
after a phone call I paid £5 less than last years premium (£80 off the bulls**t renewal price)
Things have to change, either upwards for newbies or downwards for existing customers. That much is true for any one company, anyway. Whether there will be a big difference in prices between companies is something different but, if prices across all companies start to converge, we'll have a inquiry into whether they are operating a cartel.
Insurance company lawyers have seven months to invent new policy wording. And they will, the slimy bastards.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2021, 21:38:07 »

What is the constant motivation to suggest that the poorest people don't have reliable internet access to research deals/use comparison sites?

If they're that poor, then they probably don't have a car, and all their utilities are paid via a key/card at the meter.

Even then they probably have the latest iphone because that's deemed to be almost as much of a birthright as fags and booze.

Fair enough some older people may not be particularly savvy, but you should get the same price regardless of whether you ring up or shop on line. :-\

The unintended consequence of this news, is that it will make the insurance industry less competitive which will end up being worse for the consumer in the long run.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if ultimately you end up paying your RFL and insurance in one payment based on emissions and mileage :-\
What emissions? The ones emanating from your arsehole after a vindaloo? Because, in a few years, there won't be any emissions if the unemployed extinction rebellion protestors get their way.
Like I keep saying, I'm glad I'm too old to give a f*ck.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2021, 02:08:51 »

It would be an effective way to price stubborn old bastids* off the road...

*What like us here.

And don't be surprised that once petrol cars are off the road, lectrickery prices will skyrocket. Not that we'll be around long enough to worry too much :-\

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2021, 11:13:17 »

Insurance company lawyers have seven months to invent new policy wording. And they will, the slimy bastards.
they will just add silly additional quirky cover specific to policies so it's not comparable with other companies policy  :-\
free front wheel nut theft cover ,or , cover for up to 3 cassette tapes without an excess charge if you claim (though it's a claim,so next year they WILL rape you at renewal time )  ::)

one thing I was NOT IMPRESSED  >:(  :-X with was you can't cancel auto on-line renew AFTER they send you an inflated renewal quote on-line ,so have to phone them  >:(

on another tangent to this ...
Auto Aid now want to know the policy holders  "main Vehicle" reg and details  :o
yet the policy is meant to cover you and partner for any vehicle you are in  ::)
my car insurance has roadside breakdown and UK wide recovery for MY Omega .
the auto aid policy is meant to be cover "just in case" i break down in something other than my Omega  :P

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2021, 11:27:19 »

Where to start?

Auto renew online cancellation depends on the company.

And the breakdown primary vehicle details are so you can't abuse the policy on a vehicle that isn't covered, not least because that woukd be fraud. Which would make you a racist.  ::)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 May 2021, 11:42:05 »

Where to start?

Auto renew online cancellation depends on the company.
that's as maybe ,but my insurance company does it, so I'm allowed to be annoyed  ;D

And the breakdown primary vehicle details are so you can't abuse the policy on a vehicle that isn't covered, not least because that woukd be fraud. Which would make you a racist.  ::)
the fact I'm racist shouldn't exclude me from getting recovered if some foreign  f*(k-tard crashes into me  :D
and i'm not likely to abuse such a policy ,all the rusty Vauxhalls are mechanically well looked after*

* apart from the Zafira B ,which has sat since the first lockdown ,unused . I must get round to cleaning it up, MOTing it and getting rid  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 May 2021, 12:15:23 »

TB needs a new car...

£799 should see it sold as that's cheaper than a second hand indicator bulb. And he's proven that he cannot actually break a Zafira  :D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 May 2021, 12:17:12 »

When i killed my Desmond :'(, my son in law put me on his Mundano insurance. I didn't put in a claim as the Mig was a write off anyway prior to my latest stupidity.  :D. When i purchased my Vectra, i contacted my broker to transfer the insurance over to it and they asked, "have you any access to any other vehicle not owned by yourself?" When i asked why, they said that it would affect my own policy if i had. I thought, what the hell has driving my SIL,s tinny Ford got anything to do with my new policy, so i kept schtum. Anyone else had this mentioned to them on renewal/ transfer?

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 May 2021, 12:49:23 »

maybe because some comprehensive policies DON'T cover you(third party)  for driving other cars ,not owned by you  :-\
being a named driver on other peoples policy can often lower a quote
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.