Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do chaps?  (Read 2239 times)

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
What to do chaps?
« on: 12 June 2021, 12:25:50 »

As above! I know some of you OOFers have had problems with private parking companies in the past. Do I have to pay these extortionate charges? I fear I may have up to 6 of these!!!

https://app.photobucket.com/u/drooscott/p/c29c8fb2-0b71-4b9d-b071-c7626cf665ee?mode=zoom
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: What to do chaps?
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2021, 12:50:57 »

Depends on why you got it...

If it's for parking in the disabled space at McDonald's or similar, then go to the restaurant concerned and get them to quash it. Likewise if you overstayed because they were busy.

Similarly, if it was from overstaying due to a big/long-winded purchase at a shop, go to the shop in question and get them to quash it.

If it's because your missus is a bit of a dithery shopper and you were thirty seconds too long, then you could try appealing on the grounds of mobility issues or that the timings are from entering and exiting the car park, rather than the length of time actually parked.

Be warned that the appeals process is carried out by a third party made up from a panel of private parking companies, so you have almost zero likelihood of success...

In my case it was parking in a disabled bay at McDonald's at 2:30 in the morning. The car park and drive thru were closed for cleaning, so you had to park to go in. Unfortunately the company doing the cleaning parked in the only two non disabled bays not in the car park, so I had no choice but to park in one. Incidentally, I was only there 4 minutes. But it took three months to sort because it happened a week before lock down and took three weeks for the ticket to arrive.

Apparently I should have used the drive thru or car park ::) so my appeal was denied even though in one of the pictures, the cleaning van was clearly parked across the non disabled bays. Trouble is, once the appeal is denied, you cannot reappeal it.

Unfortunately ignoring it isn't an option now. I forget the date, but the legislation was changed in these companies favour a few years ago.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2021, 14:20:41 »

Only ever had this once at our local Lidls & B&M car park they alleged that I had been there for over two hours , when in fact I was in & out in less than 10 minutes I totally ignored it & then about three weeks later got a very snotty threatening letter, I then produced photographic evidence of my vehicle entering my place of work ( Prison) well within the timeframe of the alleged overstay. My personal opinion of these companies is that they like to scare people into paying exorbitant charges for sweet fa.They never replied to my evidence which would have been common courtesy but obviously I never paid the fine, which had increased from £30 to £90.
« Last Edit: 12 June 2021, 14:23:26 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2021, 15:36:51 »

I suggest you create a free account and post your Notice on the PePiPoo website which is the gold standard source of information and advice on private Parking Charge Notices, Council Penalty Charge Notices, Police Notices of Intended Prosecution and Fixed Penalty Notices etc. They have a sub-forum just for Private Parking Tickets & Clamping here. The site is a bit like this forum here. Also recommended by the MSE folks and others.

You'll need to submit a challenge and also request a POPLA appeal code. POPLA is a supposed independent appeal body. It's vital that at this stage you say nothing that might identify the driver, or help infer who was driving, so language is important. It is the driver that is a party to the contract and responsible for payment. Liability can only be transferred to the RK (Registered Keeper) in defined circumstances. Unlike a Council PCN.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/parking-tickets-fines-parking

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2021, 21:22:52 »

These parking people have special skills, they will hunt you down and they WILL find you.  ;D

On a serious note, Morrisons were brilliant when I overstayed the 2 hour limit. I emailed them, explaining that we'd done a big shop for us, returned to the car and loaded the shopping in the car, returned to the shop and did my disabled parents shopping. I said that if they checked the till, my debit card would have gone through the same till twice on that day. I doubt very much that they checked this out but they contacted Parking Eye and cancelled the ticket. They couldn't have been more helpful ( Morrisons, not Parking Eye).  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 June 2021, 11:45:47 »

Hi everybody! Thanks for your replies up to now. I will go visit the ALDI manager today if he is working. The store is in a retail park along with Home Bargains, Superdrug etc. I was using the car park for meeting friends from different villages around Aviemore not realising there was a 3 hour limit. I reckon now that I will receive around 10 parking notices!! Has anyone on here got any tips and what to say to the manager? Tried ringing but only 0800 number and was advised to go and see him instore. :(
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 June 2021, 12:01:26 »

Don't admit that you were using their car park to meet friends!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2021, 14:16:44 »

Don't admit that you were using their car park to meet friends!  ;D
This ^. Wee Jimmy doesn't like you meeting your friends.
Diesel till I die

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 June 2021, 17:02:07 »

I missed that your Parking Charge Notice might concern a car park in Scotland. Scotland has different rules. EG there is no keeper liability legislation as there is in England.

So it's even more important that you don't identify or imply the driver. You received the "Notice" as "the Keeper" of the vehicle, refer to the driver as "the driver". No matter who you speak or write to.

They probably won't actually pursue the matter unless they can identify the driver.

Multiple tickets might be a different situation but I would only worry about what you actually received.

I still suggest you seek advice from the PePiPoo forum who are well versed in the ins and outs of these demands from all over the UK. Or use the MSE forum who may well refer you to the PePiPoo forum anyway.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 June 2021, 17:52:15 »

I still suggest you seek advice from the PePiPoo forum who are well versed in the ins and outs of these demands from all over the UK. Or use the MSE forum who may well refer you to the PePiPoo forum anyway.

^^This. And make sure you make it crystal clear that this charge notice is for Scotland. Some funny rules north of the border.

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 June 2021, 12:24:04 »

Hi again guys! Well, I got in contact with the company that owns the land that the retail park sits on last week and talked to a lovely woman in Glasgow. She said she would do as much as she could. Read my different emails yesterday and success! She has managed to cancel all six PCN's. Not only that, she has managed to whitelist my car reg and I can use the retail park any time I want including overstaying. I won't overstay as dont want to tempt fate! RESULT!! so it pays to get in contact with the owners of the supermarket/retail car park first. Yea!  :y :y :y   

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 June 2021, 12:31:59 »

Bish, bash and bosh :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 June 2021, 12:48:05 »

Good one!!

Perseverance usually succeeds. :y :y :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 June 2021, 12:58:56 »

Hi again guys! Well, I got in contact with the company that owns the land that the retail park sits on last week and talked to a lovely woman in Glasgow. She said she would do as much as she could. Read my different emails yesterday and success! She has managed to cancel all six PCN's. Not only that, she has managed to whitelist my car reg and I can use the retail park any time I want including overstaying. I won't overstay as dont want to tempt fate! RESULT!! so it pays to get in contact with the owners of the supermarket/retail car park first. Yea!  :y :y :y   

Good news.... :y :y :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.