Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted - Rear Vented caliper springs 9195056  (Read 5970 times)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted - Rear Vented caliper springs 9195056
« Reply #15 on: 18 June 2021, 20:49:57 »

None of the aftermarket ones are for vented, no matter what the part number, advert and seller may say. Been there, got the T-Shirt! Does anyone wanted any non vented ones?  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 June 2021, 20:59:00 »

None of the aftermarket ones are for vented, no matter what the part number, advert and seller may say. Been there, got the T-Shirt! Does anyone wanted any non vented ones?  ;D
Can't give them away ;D

It's been a while, but I am pretty sure that I got those pattern vented part numbers from my local factors rather than Ebay, but didn't buy any. Subsequent investigation found them to be for vented rears on the Vectra B (with 18mm thick discs rather than the 20mm Omega ones)

The dimensions in the picture are of the Omega springs, so the link is still useful, even if the pattern parts suggested are not. Hence the caveat :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 June 2021, 21:04:32 »

I have also in the past bought rear pad sets that came complete with the vented pins and clips, which is another option instead of just buying separate items, ie a pad set only, and then the pins and clips as needed. I will have the pad set (with pins and clips included) part number somewhere - however they probably aren't available now either.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 June 2021, 21:20:10 »

I have also in the past bought rear pad sets that came complete with the vented pins and clips, which is another option instead of just buying separate items, ie a pad set only, and then the pins and clips as needed. I will have the pad set (with pins and clips included) part number somewhere - however they probably aren't available now either.

Indeed they aren't, I have had eBay saved searches on all the relevant part numbers for years now. Like you I buy up any BNIB / Old Stock Genuine items that come up for the normal Omega consumables. No doubt i'll be doing the same for the daily's replacement.... I'm gonna need a bigger shed LOL.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 June 2021, 22:21:01 »

I definitely don't have any of these springs for vented rears!  ;D

I just wanted a quick solution to keep the daily going for another couple of months until it's replacement arrives - If I could have found some to use i'd have took them off before I scrapped it knowing their scarcity!

If you want a pair of intact used clips and used pins for vented discs, then I have some if they are of any use to you....?

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 June 2021, 22:30:59 »

I definitely don't have any of these springs for vented rears!  ;D

I just wanted a quick solution to keep the daily going for another couple of months until it's replacement arrives - If I could have found some to use i'd have took them off before I scrapped it knowing their scarcity!

If you want a pair of intact used clips and used pins for vented discs, then I have some if they are of any use to you....?

That would be great, it's just the clips, I have spare pins. I'm going to try and rivet the spreader pieces from the old ones to the new spring loaded bit of a non vented set. I'll give it a go on Sunday and get back to you.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 June 2021, 22:48:50 »

No problem.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 June 2021, 20:16:27 »

Well that went OK! Managed to removed the existing springs without them falling apart, they are actually in relatively good condition, rubbed them down and refitted.

Thanks for the offer Johnnydog  :y

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 June 2021, 20:47:39 »

Glad you managed to save and reuse them!  :y

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 June 2021, 22:44:03 »

A couple of years ago or so, there was a suggestion on here that the pins and clips for vented calipers were becoming scarce and difficult to source. I bet a few of you wished now you had acted on that bit of info, and being items that were known to need replacing during an Omegas service life, toddled off to their friendly VX dealer and bought a few sets. Its not as if they take up much room ::). I did on that info, to be told that I had purchased the last ones the dealer could get (no, I'm not selling them.....sorry :P).
'Gloating' apart though, being into my classic Triumphs, in the 80's, other Club members used to question why I used to buy NOS (New Old Stock) genuine parts when they were available at the right money, dispite not having any use for them at that time. They don't ask me the same question now when they ring me asking if I have what they need......
I realise it's long term, but if you intend keeping certain cars for as long as foreseeably possible, as I did then with my Triumphs and intend to do so as long as possible with my Omegas, then to me it makes sense to consider buying known smaller components that are likely to be needed (especially if hints are given as to their scarcity  :y) if you have the room.
I know we don't have a glass ball, but over the years, have bought a good selection of genuine VX Omega parts which, during my 17 years of Omega ownership, have previously required replacing more than once, a good number of which are ridiculously expensive now or unobtainable.
Even if they are never needed, because they were bought at the right money, being genuine parts, they can always be sold later if your interests change.
Just my thoughts......

absolutely true .in fact ive got a resonable set of sparesfor most of my stuff and that includes most of my household appliances,tv's ,mobile and my cavs and viva.
just beggining to get omega spares stocked up because in 10-20 years stuff like sensors,exhausts and pieces of trim will be very hard to find. where do you stop ? ? if i buy spares now and they dont become rare then ive lost nothing but if they do i might be covered !
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.