Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 128239 times)

STEMO

Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #210 on: 10 March 2020, 12:11:47 »

https://twitter.com/jasonvanschoor/status/1237142891077697538?s=19

I'm honestly getting a little tired of the constant stream (here and elsewhere) of WE ARE ALL DOOMED TO DIE - if we are all that doomed, might as well just hang ourselves now and save the NHS the trouble of having us coughing up blood on a hallway floor, right?

Or, I guess, Al's suggestion. I quite like beans on toast. Going to have to buy a lot of bread, though, and freeze it.. which is exactly what one lady was doing in Morrisons last night - she had a trolley full of bread..
My opinion of a few people has certainly changed, Aaron. Never seen such an outbreak of wimpishness. I'll be getting about my business as usual, until they lock me up or shoot me.

aaronjb

« Reply #211 on: 10 March 2020, 12:35:33 »

My opinion of a few people has certainly changed, Aaron. Never seen such an outbreak of wimpishness. I'll be getting about my business as usual, until they lock me up or shoot me.

Definitely an epidemic of that going on. A friend of mine is convinced that 3.5% of the global population will die and the only solution is to confine ourselves to barracks until it's all blown over..

Meanwhile, I popped to the post office at lunch to overhear a talk-style radio show telling everyone that this is basically the sniffles and unless you are old/infirmed/smoker/heavy drinker, you'll be fine.

[edit] If anyone wants to get it over and done with: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-vaccine-race-volunteers-to-be-infected-in-the-uk-ck0s72x8k

£3500 and 14 days quarantine .. you'll only feel a slight prick.
« Last Edit: 10 March 2020, 12:48:40 by aaronjb »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 10 March 2020, 12:58:35 »

I can't really take this junior virus seriously.

A good dose of the 1348-50 black death would soon put things into perspective. ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 10 March 2020, 13:01:25 »

Here's a pertinent question...

How do you know if you have this versus a normal cold/flu?

And at what point should you self isolate.

I mean, normally you take some Lemsip capsules, buy an extra box of tissues or two and carry on about day to day shit like going to work and shopping etc.

So if you think you might be coming down with the sniffles,  should you immediately confine yourself to a fortnight of Netflix with Domino's on speed dial...

After all going to work with a cold is normal, but if it transpires that you have contracted the Black Death, then work wouldn't be too impressed...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 10 March 2020, 13:03:54 »

I mean, normally you take some Lemsip capsules, buy an extra box of tissues or two and carry on about day to day shit like going to work and shopping etc.

So if you think you might be coming down with the sniffles,  should you immediately confine yourself to a fortnight of Netflix with Domino's on speed dial...

After all going to work with a cold is normal, but if it transpires that you have contracted the Black Death, then work wouldn't be too impressed...

Is it wise to knock one out when feeling weak..... ::) ;D

STEMO

« Reply #215 on: 10 March 2020, 13:07:35 »

My sister arrived back from Italy last night. Her employer, John Lewis, have told her to self isolate for two weeks, with pay. She didn't sound too unhappy about this.  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 10 March 2020, 13:11:45 »

My employer confirmed that they will pay ssp from day one.

Which given their legal obligations, is incredibly generous  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 10 March 2020, 13:16:19 »

Or, I guess, Al's suggestion. I quite like beans on toast. Going to have to buy a lot of bread, though, and freeze it.. which is exactly what one lady was doing in Morrisons last night - she had a trolley full of bread..

2 weeks of beanz on toast for everyone in the country  :o
what about climate change , all that gas  ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 10 March 2020, 13:26:03 »

Im not at all worried about it myself, but I am a bit concerned for my daughter. She lives and works in central London and has been an asthmatic all her life. Ive given her all the warnings and advice I would completely ignore myself.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #219 on: 10 March 2020, 13:34:18 »

Is it wise to knock one out when feeling weak..... ::) ;D

;D ;D ;D Thanks, that made I laugh out loud, that did ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 10 March 2020, 13:38:42 »

Im not at all worried about it myself, but I am a bit concerned for my daughter. She lives and works in central London and has been an asthmatic all her life. Ive given her all the warnings and advice I would completely ignore myself.
spot on
most people will be fine if they do catch it (other than the financial implications of time off)
but the more that catch it ,the more chance vulnerable people who come into contact with them are likely to catch it

hence trying to limit the spread is vital
but the horse has left the building  :'(

time to isolate the old and people with breathing problems etc
care home that my daughter works at have shut the doors to visitors  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #221 on: 10 March 2020, 13:41:05 »

I hope that doesn't have the same effect as the prisons in Italy .. although I guess her residents (yes, that's what they call them in prisons these days, too) are less likely to riot!

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 10 March 2020, 13:45:52 »

I hope that doesn't have the same effect as the prisons in Italy .. although I guess her residents (yes, that's what they call them in prisons these days, too) are less likely to riot!
I'm sure she will tranquilizer gun any offenders ,confiscate zimmer frames and other weapons  ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 10 March 2020, 14:28:42 »

I'm honestly getting a little tired of the constant stream (here and elsewhere) of WE ARE ALL DOOMED TO DIE - if we are all that doomed, might as well just hang ourselves now and save the NHS the trouble of having us coughing up blood on a hallway floor, right?

Outside of the mainstream media histeria bubble I think anybody is anymore than concerned. 80% of confirmed cases are mild, 15% severe & 5% critical. 50% of the critical ones die. The Chinese statistics are in the article below:

https://theanaesthesia.blog/2020/03/09/the-uk-covid-19-epidemic-time-to-plan-and-time-to-act/#comments

What is clear is that Italian hospitals have been overwhelmed & they have double the number of critical care ICU beds compared to the UK where we have the lowest in Europe. In Italy if you have any of the chronic conditions on the list, you will not get any ICU, the same will apply in the UK in 7-21 days when cases are 10,000+. :o :(

All countries have made the same mistake as China in not clamping down fast enough so R0 > 1 & it will keep spreading until isolation makes R0 < 1, like is now occurring in China.

Statistics are just numbers until it is you, family or friends dying & at that point the statistics become very personal. Again looking a China mass isolation to the epidemic under control takes about 3 months. So we will hopefully be over the worst by July-August time.

What nobody is discussing is the economic impact as that will affect everybody in the world, where it is going to cause a global recession. As an example Chinese y-o-y industrial output is 17.2% down in 3 months where the UK in 2008 had an 8% drop in GDP over 12 months. So expect this to be worse than then. Europe & the Eurozone is in a particularly bad place here as the article below explains & traitors May & Hammond have committed the UK to up to about £1tn of potential EU liabilities, which won't be paid back in our lifetimes even with much higher taxes:

https://gnseconomics.com/en_US/2020/02/10/the-stages-of-the-collapse/
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #224 on: 10 March 2020, 14:45:13 »

Outside of the mainstream media histeria bubble I think anybody is anymore than concerned. 80% of confirmed cases are mild, 15% severe & 5% critical. 50% of the critical ones die. The Chinese statistics are in the article below:

https://theanaesthesia.blog/2020/03/09/the-uk-covid-19-epidemic-time-to-plan-and-time-to-act/#comments

What is clear is that Italian hospitals have been overwhelmed & they have double the number of critical care ICU beds compared to the UK where we have the lowest in Europe. In Italy if you have any of the chronic conditions on the list, you will not get any ICU, the same will apply in the UK in 7-21 days when cases are 10,000+. :o :(

All countries have made the same mistake as China in not clamping down fast enough so R0 > 1 & it will keep spreading until isolation makes R0 < 1, like is now occurring in China.

Statistics are just numbers until it is you, family or friends dying & at that point the statistics become very personal. Again looking a China mass isolation to the epidemic under control takes about 3 months. So we will hopefully be over the worst by July-August time.

What nobody is discussing is the economic impact as that will affect everybody in the world, where it is going to cause a global recession. As an example Chinese y-o-y industrial output is 17.2% down in 3 months where the UK in 2008 had an 8% drop in GDP over 12 months. So expect this to be worse than then. Europe & the Eurozone is in a particularly bad place here as the article below explains & traitors May & Hammond have committed the UK to up to about £1tn of potential EU liabilities, which won't be paid back in our lifetimes even with much higher taxes:

https://gnseconomics.com/en_US/2020/02/10/the-stages-of-the-collapse/
I'm going to remember that.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.