Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 129025 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #255 on: 11 March 2020, 12:27:52 »

The number of recovered people still out weighs the number of active cases, and we are still talking about a mere fraction of the global population.

Two clear choices:

1. shut the world down, and wait for it to die out, or 2. carry on as normal.
1 would deliver a brutal short term economic blow, but one that would be recovered from in due course. 2. Would have a more subtle economic impact, but over a longer term. Who's to say which is better :-\

Ultimately though, if we're all going to catch it regardless, then there's little point in flapping or scaremongering, may as well carry on regardless.

You still have a far higher chance of being hit by a bus.

Ah but are you saying that as a low risk person?. Outside of the hayfever season, i would say we are ultra low risk where we live. However the dice are now loaded much higher with me visiting hospital twice a day to see how the family members are doing etc

Mark is right about the projections. They are just projections.

Stay healthy , exercise and eat your greens....
Not particularly. My work exposes me to aircraft that have almost certainly been carrying passengers to/from an affected regions. Also, if I get it (assuming that I haven't already), even mildly, there's a certainty that I will pass it to
Mother, who will most likely be hospitalised given her 'underlying medical conditions'. She can turn a sniffle into pneumonia, given half a chance, so unfortunately that would probably be a one way journey :'(

Am I concerned? Of course, but neither of us are panicking. Absolutely no point. Que sera, sera.

If anything, I am more likely to be made redundant from an unrelated airline going under than I am to have to take two weeks off from a cold. Which really pisses me off as the only reason that airline is vulnerable is because it is run by greedy, incompetent morons. But I digress...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 11 March 2020, 17:52:26 »

Now officially a global pandemic.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #257 on: 11 March 2020, 18:11:56 »

I believe it's quite prevalent in Madrid. 3000 football supporters from Madrid will be arriving in Liverpool today for tonight's match. The jug eared t**t Lineker has said it should have been played behind closed doors, that way the grabbing bastard could still get paid for his half time contribution.

So expect a spike in Merseyside next week.

Cue lazy scouse bastards comments.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 11 March 2020, 18:18:10 »

I believe it's quite prevalent in Madrid. 3000 football supporters from Madrid will be arriving in Liverpool today for tonight's match. The jug eared t**t Lineker has said it should have been played behind closed doors, that way the grabbing bastard could still get paid for his half time contribution.

I'm sure nobody on here believes that scousers are lazy work shy bastards. :)

STEMO

« Reply #259 on: 11 March 2020, 18:20:17 »

I'm sure nobody on here believes that scousers are lazy work shy bastards, who are born with glue on their fingers :)
No, probably not.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 11 March 2020, 18:26:35 »

Can anyone explain the bulk buying of bog rolls ? I've witnessed people fighting over them today in Waitrose in Peterborough popped in for a coffee & sausage roll while the car was being serviced , then was treated to a female catfight all very entertaining but totally idiotic..😄😃😀
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

« Reply #261 on: 11 March 2020, 18:27:40 »

Liverpool 1, Madrid 0, corona virus 275.  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 11 March 2020, 18:32:35 »

Liverpool 1, Madrid 0, corona virus 275;D

on the day of the match ,then those 275 will each pass it on and so on....  ::)
all to watch a bag of wind being kicked round  :o

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 11 March 2020, 18:32:54 »

Can anyone explain the bulk buying of bog rolls ? I've witnessed people fighting over them today in Waitrose in Peterborough popped in for a coffee & sausage roll while the car was being serviced , then was treated to a female catfight all very entertaining but totally idiotic..😄😃😀

No doubt somebody caught it on their phone. It will probably be on Youtube by now under the heading. " Tits out slapper skanks fight it out in Waitrose"

I must look it up. :)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 11 March 2020, 18:50:04 »

The Spanish health minister predicted today the epidemic in Spain will last between 2 and 5 months.

Madrid has seen panic buying.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 11 March 2020, 19:00:44 »

I think it's fiking nuts letting large amounts of people move around the continent like this for non essential reasons.  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #266 on: 11 March 2020, 19:32:26 »

I think it's fiking nuts letting large amounts of people move around the continent like this for non essential reasons.  ::)
European championship football, non essential? Behave yourself.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 11 March 2020, 19:34:45 »

European championship football, non essential? Behave yourself.  ;D

;D  Well yes when you put it like that.  :)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 11 March 2020, 19:39:00 »

I think as a country, we need to pull up the draw bridge, only downside, food will get rationed because the Supermarkets have so much imported from euro-land.

Place today staff refusing to unload a container of chicken from China..
Hoof'land storeman.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 11 March 2020, 20:04:07 »

So, while their out shopping for bog roll they catch Covid-19 & die, but the coroner, at their inquest, will comment the had a spotlessly clean shiny ar*shole. ::) ;D For those that catch Covid-19 in other ways & run out of bog roll, they can achieve the spotlessly clean shiny ar*ehole by jumping in the shower after going. ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.