Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 128262 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #375 on: 13 March 2020, 21:43:11 »

Why does everyone demand that "government" or "someone" does something .. has everyone forgotton how to think for themselves???

If you are unhappy that a match/show/concert/gathering has not been cancelled .. then don't go to the match/show/concert/gathering..... if you don't want to mix in a coffeebar or pub .. don't go to the coffeebar or the pub .. or the shops.... or anywhere ... that way you "might" delay your exposure to the bug ....

If you have elderly, poorly folk in care homes or their own homes, and you feel rough .. don't visit ... you shouldn't need telling .. it's "common sense" .. if you had measles you wouldn't visit ..... would you ???

I know we joke about the demise of "common sense" but it would appear to have completely left the planet now ....

why do you need "telling" by things being "banned" ????

What if that shop is a place where you work and come face to face with the great unwashed?  :-\ Mrs B works in ASDA and she doesn't get sick pay till after day 3

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 13 March 2020, 21:44:56 »

Channel 4 News are doing a Corona Virus special which has a slightly hysterical tone, and all the talking heads I've seen so far are saying things like the government should be doing this, the government should be doing that, there's not enough equipment, 10 years of austerity etc etc.  ::)

Leftie tossers!  >:(                                                                  ;D

I wouldn't expect anything different from C4. It is an absolutely disgraceful excuse for a TV outlet, and its partly funded by the licence fee btw.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 13 March 2020, 21:50:10 »

Channel 4 News are doing a Corona Virus special which has a slightly hysterical tone, and all the talking heads I've seen so far are saying things like the government should be doing this, the government should be doing that, there's not enough equipment, 10 years of austerity etc etc.  ::)

Leftie tossers!  >:(                                                                  ;D

I wouldn't expect anything different from C4. It is an absolutely disgraceful excuse for a TV outlet, and its partly funded by the licence fee btw.
Thought it was just the good old BBC ?

STEMO

« Reply #378 on: 13 March 2020, 21:53:32 »

What with everyone spending their money on toilet rolls, pasta and funeral plans, sport relief will probably get about £7.50 tonight.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 13 March 2020, 22:07:07 »

Why does everyone demand that "government" or "someone" does something .. has everyone forgotton how to think for themselves???

If you are unhappy that a match/show/concert/gathering has not been cancelled .. then don't go to the match/show/concert/gathering..... if you don't want to mix in a coffeebar or pub .. don't go to the coffeebar or the pub .. or the shops.... or anywhere ... that way you "might" delay your exposure to the bug ....

If you have elderly, poorly folk in care homes or their own homes, and you feel rough .. don't visit ... you shouldn't need telling .. it's "common sense" .. if you had measles you wouldn't visit ..... would you ???

I know we joke about the demise of "common sense" but it would appear to have completely left the planet now ....

why do you need "telling" by things being "banned" ????

What if that shop is a place where you work and come face to face with the great unwashed?  :-\ Mrs B works in ASDA and she doesn't get sick pay till after day 3
Legally, as of last week, they have to pay it from day one ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 13 March 2020, 23:02:53 »

Thought it was just the good old BBC ?

I have read that it was given a cut of the licence fee, but have just googled it and cant find any evidence now, so you may be right.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 14 March 2020, 00:35:17 »

I'd heard it was in the pipe line

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 14 March 2020, 10:17:10 »

I'd heard it was in the pipe line
so they announce SS Pay from day 1
BUT
you can't go to the doctors ,hospital to get a sick note or have a test or phone 111
so a cheap fake moral booster from the government 
doesn't apply to me anyway and Mrs Builder can work from home and probably will be doing
unfortunately ,most people aren't as lucky 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 14 March 2020, 10:19:51 »

I suppose this means I should work from home more. If that's possible, seeing as I use any excuse to avoid Bletchley ;D
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 14 March 2020, 10:24:22 »

I suppose this means I should work from home more. If that's possible, seeing as I use any excuse to avoid Bletchley ;D
I thought You would be in a government bunker somewhere orchestrating the cull  :-\   ;D :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 14 March 2020, 11:32:01 »

Yeah, not been WFH in the 9 months I've been at the new company, but, I now have a cold, so am currently trying to find my desk in the study because paranoia. It's here somewhere under all the bits of radio, bits of car, bits of paper... ::)

Oh, hang on! I've just spotted some wood!  :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 14 March 2020, 12:38:33 »

Just got back from Morrisons. As I arrived an elderly woman was unloading a very large trolley into the small car. Husband had sat it out in the car.  I overheard her saying " There are hardly any toilet rolls left". This was after she was stuffing her daily purchase limit of toilet rolls  into the car on top of the hand sanitiser and soap, flour, eggs etc. I wanted to say "because you bought them all"

Soap was on my list. Couldn't find it anywhere because........ they had sold out completely.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 14 March 2020, 13:20:18 »

just add a little disinfectant (most contain Benzalkonium Chloride* active ingredient ) to washing up liquid
or there's always that "soap on a rope" you got for Christmas a few years ago ,or the linx gift sets  ;D

* Benzalkonium Chloride is the active ingredient in non alcohol hand sanitizer foam hospitals use

STEMO

« Reply #388 on: 14 March 2020, 15:28:08 »

Mrs thinks she might be running a bit of a temperature, couldn't find the thermometer so I said I'd pick one up while I was out. HA! Two chemists and Asda pharmacy just looked at me as if I was stupid.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 14 March 2020, 15:33:26 »

poundworld had plenty a few days ago here in middle England
i picked up a couple
electric ones  :y
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.