Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 128959 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #480 on: 16 March 2020, 20:14:11 »

There's a closet communist response if ever there was...  ::)

Sorry to disappoint, but...

https://www.governing.com/gov-institute/funkhouser/gov-government-purpose-capitalism.html

;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 16 March 2020, 20:20:37 »

I'm in the UK  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 16 March 2020, 20:24:01 »

Well.....after hearing the latest pronouncements, al I can say is "What a bunch of f**king idiots". Schools are to stay open. Anyone who has a family member with a cough or a temperature should stay at home for two weeks. Wifey lost four members of staff within minutes of the second statement, so HTF will schools be able to stay open?  ;D
I shouldn't have put that smiley, as she is on her way home and quite stressed.

Did I just cough..........?  ::)

I read that the economy takes a hit of £1.5 billion per week of education closures. maybe hoping for an earlier than usual Easter. ;)
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #483 on: 16 March 2020, 20:25:14 »

Well.....after hearing the latest pronouncements, al I can say is "What a bunch of f**king idiots". Schools are to stay open. Anyone who has a family member with a cough or a temperature should stay at home for two weeks. Wifey lost four members of staff within minutes of the second statement, so HTF will schools be able to stay open?  ;D

I read that the economy takes a hit of £1.5 billion per week of education closures. maybe hoping for an earlier than usual Easter. ;)
Are you back in España, Varche, or still over here?

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 16 March 2020, 20:30:01 »

Now how long before Boris copies the Spanish supermarkets.

One family member only and no children. Minimum distance from other customers and staff is one metre. If too many customers then security close doors till numbers subside. Max of two items of anything. (might be a bit tricky on potatoes etc) ;) Payment only by card ( major change as cash is king over there) but no doubt they have twigged money handling passes the damn virus on. Break rules and security eject you. Probably would ban you too as everyone still knows everyone. 
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 16 March 2020, 20:37:21 »

No I am here for ever.  Had a vague thought when travel restrictions are lifted across Europe and the UK ( which haven't even started yet in UK) I would fly back on a plane - ha they will all have gone bust by then. Then jump in the car and drive back with OH to halve the load here ( my Dad was discharged today but needs care). The car trip isn't going to happen as the Spanish MOT appointment was cancelled only today. I am not going to risk driving a car for months in France/Uk without an MOT. Pertfect excuse for insurers not to pay out

CV19 , the gift that just keeps on and on giving. :y

No I am here for ever.  Had a vague thought when travel restrictions are lifted across Europe and the UK ( which haven't even started yet in UK) I would fly back on a plane - ha they will all have gone bust by then. Then jump in the car and drive back with OH to halve the load here ( my Dad was discharged today but needs care). The car trip isn't going to happen as the Spanish MOT appointment was cancelled only today. I am not going to risk driving a car for months in France/Uk without an MOT. Pertfect excuse for insurers not to pay out

STEMO

« Reply #486 on: 16 March 2020, 21:01:08 »

Latest purchase limits placed on supermarkets in light of corona virus:
Asda: 2 hand sanitisers and a 4 pack of toilet rolls.
Tesco: 1 hand sanitiser, 500g of rice and a 4 pack of toilet rolls.
Waitrose: 1 lobster, 6 quail eggs and 100g of foie gras.
Aldi: 1 MIG welder, 1 pink sports top, 2 trumpets and 1 wetsuit.

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 16 March 2020, 21:51:06 »

pretty sure you can "mot" in any eu country

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 16 March 2020, 22:09:13 »

It would be nice but  they can be done but count for nothing.

Checked with my insurer and astonishingly insurance is valid  without an MOT ( Spain).  Just need borders open again and pesky planes flying......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 16 March 2020, 22:10:24 »

I had a Portuguese contractor working for me probably 10 years ago. He'd been in the UK for a couple of years with his Portuguese registered LHD Seat when I asked him how he got on getting it MOT'd here. I got a blank look in response. ;D I explained the details and advised him to get one booked just in case. They turned him away because the number plate wasn't "on the system, mate", so he never did bother. Nobody ever pulled him over. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 16 March 2020, 22:20:31 »

I had a Portuguese contractor working for me probably 10 years ago. He'd been in the UK for a couple of years with his Portuguese registered LHD Seat when I asked him how he got on getting it MOT'd here. I got a blank look in response. ;D I explained the details and advised him to get one booked just in case. They turned him away because the number plate wasn't "on the system, mate", so he never did bother. Nobody ever pulled him over. ;D

Things have moved on. E.g in Spain the cops use zuK databases and impound British vehicles not taxed, motd and insured legally. Presumably UK can access other countries databases

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 16 March 2020, 22:22:43 »

Just for interest. Figures for Madrid. 199 fines issued and one arrest for folk out breaking the lockdown without a good reason!

I can just imagine “ Doesn’t apply to me mate” ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 16 March 2020, 22:30:26 »

Things have moved on. E.g in Spain the cops use zuK databases and impound British vehicles not taxed, motd and insured legally. Presumably UK can access other countries databases

Lots of EU reg cars a regularly pulled over, as they haven't been registered after 6mths,,, when in the foreign you must carry all paperwork relating to said motor to show it's legal in country of registration, same applies to non uk registered motors, 

Your papers monsure, for me that means, Log book for unit and trailer, insurance, mot unit and trailer, community authorization, Cmr for load, trailer hygiene certificate,  o and driving licence, CPC card, Digi card.  And breathe :)
Hoof'land storeman.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 16 March 2020, 22:49:01 »

Now how long before Boris copies the Spanish supermarkets.

One family member only and no children. Minimum distance from other customers and staff is one metre. If too many customers then security close doors till numbers subside. Max of two items of anything. (might be a bit tricky on potatoes etc) ;) Payment only by card ( major change as cash is king over there) but no doubt they have twigged money handling passes the damn virus on. Break rules and security eject you. Probably would ban you too as everyone still knows everyone. 
Went to local Sainsbury yesterday and there were loads of the little buggers running up and down the aisles and handling the produce. Not a word of rebuke from the parents. >:( Just imagine if/when the schools do close, the shops will be over run with the little sods.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 16 March 2020, 22:53:15 »

Not if Britain follows suit.

I hope more supermarkets have happy hour just for old shoppers. I saw an Iceland had done that.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.