Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 128306 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #510 on: 17 March 2020, 12:29:39 »

Went to Lidl PM Sunday due to unexpected work commitments, got most of what I wanted. Yesterday, on the way back from a hospital appointment picked up the few things that I couldn't get at Lidl in Aldi. Aldi have now, sensibly, implemented a maximum of 4 of any item.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #511 on: 17 March 2020, 12:31:07 »

Went to Lidl PM Sunday due to unexpected work commitments, got most of what I wanted. Yesterday, on the way back from a hospital appointment picked up the few things that I couldn't get at Lidl in Aldi. Aldi have now, sensibly, implemented a maximum of 4 of any item.
Except strimmers, you can have all the strimmers and air beds you can carry.

aaronjb

« Reply #512 on: 17 March 2020, 12:47:47 »

Thereby ensuring that everyone has to go to the supermarket more often...

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 17 March 2020, 13:02:56 »

Correct, which is also spot on for the vulnerable old & infirm that need to semi-self isolate. :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

aaronjb

« Reply #514 on: 17 March 2020, 13:09:07 »

Correct, which is also spot on for the vulnerable old & infirm that need to semi-self isolate. :o :o :o

We popped into Morrisons at lunchtime to pick up some lunch..

a) It was heaving
b) The clientele was largely made up of the very old (70+, frail, with walkers/assistive devices) being taken around by their younger (50s 60s) companions ::)

STEMO

« Reply #515 on: 17 March 2020, 13:12:06 »

All of the 'old' people I've spoken to this morning have no intention of self isolating.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 17 March 2020, 13:14:47 »

Good for them, save on pensions and hospital bills. Very public spirited of them
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 17 March 2020, 18:07:19 »

I've just driven across town in what should've been 'rush hour' .... there was hardly a soul on the road.  :-\ :-\

STEMO

« Reply #518 on: 17 March 2020, 18:17:04 »

I've just driven across town in what should've been 'rush hour' .... there was hardly a soul on the road.  :-\ :-\
Wifey had 55% of kids in today and is making excellent progress home, hardly any traffic. Reckons most schools will close by next week.
I've told my son that he's coming home from uni on Saturday. He didn't want to until I explained that, if he caught the bug, he'd be in his room for at least a week and wouldn't be allowed to even venture as far as the kitchen. Cold food dropped outside his door......that made him sit up.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 17 March 2020, 18:23:04 »

I popped into the local town this morning for a few bits
mother's day, watch battery ,fresh bread etc
it was heaving with shoppers , nothing on the shelves ,called at the farm, NO potatoes  ::)
hardly surprising ,everyone thinks they must get 3 months worth of shopping for everyone over 70  :D
mum asked me to get pasta ,she don't even eat pasta  ::)
hopefully things will settle down next week shopping wise
then of course ,the week after it will go bonkers again,
everyone buying stuff for funeral buffets

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 17 March 2020, 18:26:16 »

It's Easter shortly, so the schools will be closed then anyways ::) by holding out until almost then and making the holidays a bit longer, it allows those who still have jobs left to continue working as long as possible...

Although I am sure the forum misanthropes will still find something negative to say about it :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 17 March 2020, 18:29:04 »

I popped into the local town this morning for a few bits
mother's day, watch battery ,fresh bread etc
it was heaving with shoppers , nothing on the shelves ,called at the farm, NO potatoes  ::)
hardly surprising ,everyone thinks they must get 3 months worth of shopping for everyone over 70  :D
mum asked me to get pasta ,she don't even eat pasta  ::)
hopefully things will settle down next week shopping wise
then of course ,the week after it will go bonkers again,

Funerals are banned in Italy and will be here as well if CV_19 takes off here like it has there.  ::)

We'll be rapidly carted off to the nearest crem for quick disposal.   :(   Probably won't even have time to get cold!  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 17 March 2020, 18:30:43 »

First day rehearsal for my retirement it's great. No shopping just a full English & a two hour walk with the dog watched wheeler dealers had another walk with dog & SWMBO now sitting down to pasta & meatballs.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 17 March 2020, 19:10:02 »

Funerals are banned in Italy and will be here as well if CV_19 takes off here like it has there.  ::)

We'll be rapidly carted off to the nearest crem for quick disposal.   :(   Probably won't even have time to get cold!  :D
loads of old people about still with the attitude "i'm not stopping in "
so a few funeral buffets will spread enough covid 19 amongst them to finish them off   ::)

bin wagons can collect the dead ,mince the corpses up and make animal feed for cows,pigs etc
what's the worst that can happen   :P

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 17 March 2020, 19:11:56 »

You expect the bin men to turn out when they've been guaranteed ssp from day one...  ???

Your as misinformed as Rods and Varche ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.