Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 128258 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #540 on: 18 March 2020, 08:28:00 »

My daughter (works in intensive care unit) has a Covid-19 patient to look after  ??? ??? ...... I'm not happy  :-\
Goes with the territory unfortunately. Fwiw :-\
I know .... but it doesn't help

Hats off to all NHS staff , I have been there myself (Ambulance Service) and know how little appreciation they get & certainly not rewarded enough financially they will be absolutely stretched beyond limits with the present situation and will without doubt be faced with very difficult situations and people who show no gratitude for their skills & dedication.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 18 March 2020, 09:32:08 »

Eldest daughter is A & E Sister at our local major hospital.

On shift yesterday she said they only had paper face masks and limited suppliers of those .. people in local stores are fighting over toilet rolls .

Human race not at its best at present

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 18 March 2020, 11:10:48 »

No, we humans are our own worse enemies, we don’t need aliens to wipe us out :-[
Laying a rubber road.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 18 March 2020, 11:30:01 »

NHS is pandemonium at the moment, front line staff like myself are trying their best but it's a frigging nightmare with different directions coming though by the hour. I guess this kind of event is unprecedented in recent times but we could have been better prepared  :'(

It's all the corporate staff I really feel for though, at the first sniff of this pandemic they were directed to ( pretend to)  work from their couch at home, god help them it must be awful!  >:(
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

STEMO

« Reply #544 on: 18 March 2020, 11:32:18 »

Now I realise just how serious this is. The BBC have stopped filming new episodes of Knobenders, and will limit output to two episodes per week to make the stuff they already have last longer. Knobenders rationed...FFS.  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #545 on: 18 March 2020, 11:33:14 »

It's all the corporate staff I really feel for though, at the first sniff of this pandemic they were directed to ( pretend to)  work from their couch at home, god help them it must be awful!  >:(

Yeah, everyone working from home, wondering if they'll still have a job in a few months. Dead relaxing ::)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 18 March 2020, 11:47:32 »

Yeah, everyone working from home, wondering if they'll still have a job in a few months. Dead relaxing ::)

These are NHS corporate,  gold plated Arron
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 18 March 2020, 12:17:02 »

Now I realise just how serious this is. The BBC have stopped filming new episodes of Knobenders, and will limit output to two episodes per week to make the stuff they already have last longer. Knobenders rationed...FFS.  ;D

Unfortunately that shite appeals to the brain dead of the human race along with Arsebook etc.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 18 March 2020, 12:39:19 »

I believe  they changed the name to Eastbenders when Michael Cashman was in it during the eighties. :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 18 March 2020, 13:39:48 »

I just had a thought that if we get locked down for months and everything is shut, where are we going to get a haircut?  :o  :D

It's trivial I know, but what to do?  ???   :)

Not bother? and end up looking like a hippy or the wild man of Borneo?  ???  Or go DIY?  :-\

I've got a beard trimmer but it's round the back which will be tricky. :-\  So I was thinking either a crusty style mo-hawk or a mullet!  :)

And those of you who will get your other half to do it, beware of long standing grudges!  :o  ;D

Easy do what I do buy a set of Wahl hair clippers (Argos stock them) and a number 0 once a week keeps me looking like a "Hard bastard"😃

Tend to use a number 4 during the summer & a number 10 in the winter. Always found it straightforward to do. Sir Tig you had better buy one quick before the panic buyers buy 50 each, just in case they need more than 1. ::) ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #550 on: 18 March 2020, 15:05:36 »

I mentioned yesterday that there was no fresh meat in Asda. Out with doggie this morning, I got the distinct impression that there were less ducks in the park this morning.
Any connection?  :-\

aaronjb

« Reply #551 on: 18 March 2020, 15:07:23 »

I mentioned yesterday that there was no fresh meat in Asda. Out with doggie this morning, I got the distinct impression that there were less ducks in the park this morning.

Saw two ducks in our garden yesterday, standing by the pond - first time we've ever had ducks visit us I think.. perhaps they're sheltering from the locals!

Morrisons is out of basically all fresh meat except for bacon and gammon. What have people got against those, I wonder!? Shelves were packed full - of course, you can only buy two packs..

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 18 March 2020, 15:08:25 »

I believe Romanians are partial to a swan,They ate the lot in an Irish town I stay in's public park.   

STEMO

« Reply #553 on: 18 March 2020, 15:09:34 »

I believe Romanians are partial to a swan,They ate the lot in an Irish town I stay in's public park.
We don't allow Romanians into Barnsley, they're a bit too posh for our liking.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #554 on: 18 March 2020, 15:17:34 »

The BoE is considering a 'radical' money printing plan. So, Opti, all that cash you have salted away is going to be worthless soon. Mortgage rates @ 15% and a loaf of bread for a fiver.

Safe haven Rods?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.