Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 128200 times)

aaronjb

Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #600 on: 19 March 2020, 15:57:55 »

Not a job I could do, well I could but don't think I'd last long !

They look down on staff punching the customers and throwing them in a locked cupboard  :P ;D

You must know someone who knows me.😁

;D ;D ;D (But no, they're not at your gaff .. their lot seem to spend more time shagging each other than anything else!)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 19 March 2020, 18:33:49 »

Talking to one staff member who said that she'd been spat at this morning.....
Absolutely horrific behaviour. I would have reported her. Given the current climate, that is a really bad thing to do.

On the plus side, I got some bog roll just now. Lucky as I only have half a roll left.

If someone spat at me I'd be over that counter and would punch their oppsing lights out whatever the climate!!  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #603 on: 19 March 2020, 18:59:33 »

Talking to one staff member who said that she'd been spat at this morning.....
Absolutely horrific behaviour. I would have reported her. Given the current climate, that is a really bad thing to do.

On the plus side, I got some bog roll just now. Lucky as I only have half a roll left.

If someone spat at me I'd be over that counter and would punch their oppsing lights out whatever the climate!!  >:(
Yes, but the cowardly bastard wouldn't spit at you.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 19 March 2020, 19:51:57 »

I got spat at by a Polish driver late last year. ,(i was on a bike, he in a Merc, they don't have indicators, do they. ;D). it was, to me, worse than being punched. I felt dirty all day.  Dirty bastid. Got me right in the face. >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 19 March 2020, 21:06:44 »

I just had a thought that if we get locked down for months and everything is shut, where are we going to get a haircut?  :o  :D

It's trivial I know, but what to do?  ???   :)

Not bother? and end up looking like a hippy or the wild man of Borneo?  ???  Or go DIY?  :-\

I've got a beard trimmer but it's round the back which will be tricky. :-\  So I was thinking either a crusty style mo-hawk or a mullet!  :)

And those of you who will get your other half to do it, beware of long standing grudges!  :o  ;D
A valid point.  I went to a hairdresser* the other day, before I walked in, I could hear the bird who was cutting hair coughing and spluttering, so I didn't go in.  So I'm now considering the pudding bowl look, or full on skinhead, both DIY-able.

*Have to use a hairdresser, as my barber - a mad Italian with health issues - went AWOL just after xmas, leaving few other options in these parts.

DIY perm is doable assuming you have flour, bleach, gelatine, hydrochloric acid, urea  and fixing agent available. There will be plenty of U tube videos pretty soon. After four months without haircuts it might be only thing left other than Grizzly Adams look
Last time I played with haircare chemical combinations, in my misspent youth, it didn't end well. But did make lots of load bangs ;D
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 19 March 2020, 21:19:47 »

:y ;D

Sister in law had worst day of her working life today at supermarket. Must be a fine line the company is walking. Dont want to be THAT nasty supermarket that called the police to abusive customers , don’t want bad publicity, do want custom and repeat custom.

How long before numbers are limited and security lets one out and one in, one person shopping, no kids, card payment only? supermarkets are drastically cutting lines. Makes sense but Bad luck if you are a niche supplier..
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 19 March 2020, 22:11:27 »

:y ;D

Sister in law had worst day of her working life today at supermarket. Must be a fine line the company is walking. Dont want to be THAT nasty supermarket that called the police to abusive customers , don’t want bad publicity, do want custom and repeat custom.

How long before numbers are limited and security lets one out and one in, one person shopping, no kids, card payment only? supermarkets are drastically cutting lines. Makes sense but Bad luck if you are a niche supplier..

There's only so many trucks that can be unloaded a day,  they need to start sending basic stuff, direct to store from supplier, not to DC, unload, scan to goods, then book it in, then pick it, then load there own truck, then send to store,

We could do from supplier to store same day, 1 truck 4 stores,   but it's too easy.

Hoof'land storeman.

aaronjb

« Reply #608 on: 20 March 2020, 17:34:00 »

Well, that's that - pubs, restaurants, gyms etc etc all ordered to shut as of tonight.

But the govt is going to print money to pay everyone 80% of their salary if they have to stop working, so there's that..

STEMO

« Reply #609 on: 20 March 2020, 17:50:43 »

Well, that's that - pubs, restaurants, gyms etc etc all ordered to shut as of tonight.

But the govt is going to print money to pay everyone 80% of their salary if they have to stop working, so there's that..
Like I said yesterday, that £100 you've got in your pocket will be worth £70 next month.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 20 March 2020, 17:51:28 »

not everyone
but yep. the shelves in Bargain Booze will be stripped bare
i wonder if they will set aside the first hour of opening each day for the old tramps to buy their special brew  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 20 March 2020, 19:09:29 »

not everyone
but yep. the shelves in Bargain Booze will be stripped bare
i wonder if they will set aside the first hour of opening each day for the old tramps to buy their special brew  :-\
Define 'not everyone'...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 20 March 2020, 19:12:30 »

Like I said yesterday, that £100 you've got in your pocket will be worth £70 next month.
That's still a lot of fags and lotto tickets, for those in Bletchley*

*I'm sure there are many such places across the country full of the 12 year old mums of 3 (one black, 1 white, 1 "mixed race") who need fags and lotto tickets more than food and cloths for their offspring.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 20 March 2020, 19:16:20 »

Unfortunately, there's no food left because their family bought it already... :D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 20 March 2020, 19:27:24 »

That's still a lot of fags and lotto tickets, for those in Bletchley*

*I'm sure there are many such places across the country full of the 12 year old mums of 3 (one black, 1 white, 1 "mixed race") who need fags and lotto tickets more than food and cloths for their offspring.

That reminds me of a joke.

Vasectomies don't stop you having children but do alter their colour.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.