Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 128948 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #750 on: 04 April 2020, 19:55:12 »

I’ve been lucky, I’ve a full empty house to render and set so I can still earn and go out :y :y

It's full of emptiness?  :-\                                                          :P  ;D
it's Builder speak  for whole house to plaster , no one's home ,no obstacles like furniture   :P

Or awkward clients to hinder you? ;D ;D ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 04 April 2020, 20:00:46 »

I’ve been lucky, I’ve a full empty house to render and set so I can still earn and go out :y :y

It's full of emptiness?  :-\                                                          :P  ;D
it's Builder speak for whole house to plaster , no one's home ,no obstacles like furniture   :P

I thought he was talking Wenglish.  :)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 04 April 2020, 22:30:03 »

No people as Dave and Liz say... heaven :y
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 05 April 2020, 10:42:55 »

No people as Dave and Liz say... heaven :y

Yes the peace and quite we are enjoying at the moment is heaven, and working on a house is so therapeutic :D :D :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 05 April 2020, 10:49:58 »

Im having to be very careful at the moment. Swmbo is is on a course of very strong steroids which knocks out the immune system, so if she gets it she wont stand a chance.
She is in the shielded group so cant leave the house for 12 weeks. I have to sleep in the spare room and we sit at opposite ends of the living room to each other.
I still have to go to the shops for food and her meds which is worrying but what else can you do. There may be a chance of having things delivered if she had the letter that the Govt. said they had sent to all shielded people but of course they haven't sent them to a lot of these people, but have apparently sent them to quite a lot of people who aren't on the list.
She shouldn't be in this position at all, but Essex NHS have cancelled 5 hospital appointments in 14 months. If that hadn't happened she may not have needed the steroids, or if she did she would have finished them long before Covid was heard of.
We went private a few weeks back (should have done earlier to be honest) and seen the same consultant she would have sen under the NHS. When queried he was very candid and said that the hospital involved is broken. Its systems simply don't work. Its appointment system is so unfit for purpose that he now bypasses it completely and has started dealing with his own appointments by giving patients his personal email address.
Our local GP surgery is basically closed now. The 15 admin staff for the four doctors seem to exist to protect doctors from having any contact with patients, but since Covid appeared this is now an official thing.
Its theoretically possible to have a telephone appointment with them if your very ill but still able to shout loud enough.
The surgery has a dispensary but they have decided to refuse to dispense swmbo,s meds becuase they are too expensive.
So despite the fact she is on the shielded list. I have to travel to whichever pharmacy in a 20 mile radius happens to have some in stock to collect them.
The  woman at the dispensary lied to my face on Friday and tried to tell me that they have never dispensed these meds. I told her very firmly that I personally, have collected these meds from that dispensary earlier this year.
They say they are in no way involved in the shielding letter process and can give no info or assistance in the matter.
When I told them that the Gov.uk site says people on the list will be contacted by their GP surgery, I was told that they cant do this because NHS England wont tell them what it is they are suppose to say.
In normal times it takes at least three weeks to get an appointment, but when you visit the place the waiting room is almost empty at any time of day.
A good friend of mine used to be the practice manager there, and when asked why this is the case he told me its because they spend so much time doing private work.
The nurse who lives opposite hasn't been at work for several weeks but is out and about driving around in her car, and was on her doorstep banging her saucepans together last Thursday night.
From my point of view, the NHS, through wilful neglect and institutionalised cantbearseditus, has had quite a few attempts at killing my wife over the last 20 years. Apart from the old delapidated Victorian cancer hospital (now closed down) which was superb, they have let her down at every opportunity.
You can clap, cheer and bang your saucepans if you want to, but Im afraid I wont be joining in.
I cant speak for the whole country, but the NHS in Essex is a perfect example of how not to run a healthcare system, and waste billions at the same time.
I know its now the National religion, and is supposed to be beyond anything but being worshipped, but I gave up on all religions a long time ago.
Living in "the affluent south" isn't always what its cracked up to be.

Other than that, our daughter lives in central London and has quite severe asthma. She still has to venture out occasionally for food and Meds. We are terrified at the prospect of her getting it.
Im lucky that I can still go to work as Im basically babysitting an empty building. If I cant go to work for any reason, my employer will pay me full pay until I can go back. So in a shirkers world, I suppose Im currently working for nothing. I think that if the employer is decent enough to make that commitment, I should still go to work if I can.
« Last Edit: 05 April 2020, 10:51:30 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 05 April 2020, 11:11:34 »

That’s a good attitude to work and to your employer, pity it wasn’t universal :y hope things change and you get the meds for your wife.
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 05 April 2020, 11:12:24 »

Our local surgery is a bit better than that, you can actually get physical appointments, although the attached pharmacy gets a bit creative with medication selection, so if you're after a specific brand you have to badger them.

We have lived here twenty years, and for the last fifteen Mum has had a prescription. I think it might have been filled correctly three times in that time. The surgery doctors are pretty good, and they will support the consultants and respect her choices... Anything eye related and she goes to Moorfields in London, everything else St Richards in Chichester (partly because that's where the ambulance normally takes her ::)) but they do look after her.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 05 April 2020, 11:25:42 »

About a year ago we actually had an appointment with our GP to talk about changing meds. She tried in vain with the help of her calculator to work out the dosage before giving up and saying she would rather leave it to the hospital consultant as it was more in his area of expertise.
I was almost embarrassed for the woman until I remembered her bare basic salary is at least £100K p.a. of taxpayers money.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #758 on: 05 April 2020, 11:31:50 »

The GP side of the NHS has been fooked for quite a few years now. Our practice has a massive, relatively new building, with the top floor closed off and about half of the ground floor used. It has one permanent GP and various deadbeat locums turn up each day. I have no confidence in anyone or anything there but, fortunately, I don't need them.....yet.
You have my sincere sympathy, Albs. I wish there was something I/anyone could do.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 05 April 2020, 11:44:06 »

Not just GP,s Steve. Colchester hospital is a disaster zone. There really does seem to be a mindset among many of the staff, at all levels, that the patients are a nuisance who interfere with their day. I have witnessed quite a few horror stories in that hell hole. I wasn't in the least surprised when it made the National news a few years ago.
The tragedy is that I well remember speaking to the brilliant staff at the old Cancer hospital nearby, and them telling me that they were dreading being moved over to the newer bigger hospital. They had a real sense of foreboding that things would go badly wrong once the were merged into it.
10 years later the Hospital is on the news for fiddling its Cancer appointment time figures. Front line staff who tried to blow the whistle had their careers ruined for daring to challenge their superiors. The worst part is that no one got the sack. Imo those responsible should be behind bars and banned for life from working in healthcare.
Swmbo got her care transferred to Chelmsford where the standard of care isn't as bad, but he administrators who run it couldn't get a job picking up litter in the car park, in the private sector.
I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that the NHS is pretty good at emergency medicine, but outside of that, it needs to be scrapped and start again with a clean sheet of paper.
Its probably obvious, but after 20 years of this Im angry, and very frustrated.
Thanks btw.

STEMO

« Reply #760 on: 05 April 2020, 11:44:48 »

But please don't take the above post to mean I don't have complete admiration and gratitude to the NHS workers who are putting themselves in danger in the present crisis. Nor is it a criticism of the people who work on the front line in hospitals day in day out, under very difficult circumstances. They are heroes, I just don't have reason to come into contact with them.
The self-preserving leeches who manage the NHS are the ones who need shooting.
« Last Edit: 05 April 2020, 11:47:29 by STEMO »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 05 April 2020, 11:49:46 »

Theres no doubt that many of them are, and they deserve a better system to work in than the one they have presently.
There are approx. 1.5 million people working for the NHS. Approx. half of those aren't medical people and don't have anything to do with patients. Plenty of empire builders hiding among that crowd.
Cut out the dead wood from all areas, see what we are left with, then move on from there.
It will never happen ,but it should.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 05 April 2020, 12:03:53 »

The problem as I see it and you mentioned it Albs, is that the NHS has become a national religion, and it's the sacred cow that must not be criticised.  ::)

Last week I chipped in on a thread on Twitter where the general theme was slagging off Boris for the lack of PPE available to the doctors and nurses dealing with Covid-19 patients.  I queried whether any of the highly paid senior NHS managers when they were sat at home in front of the telly, like the rest of us watching events unfold in China back in January, wondered how their hospital would cope if it came here and what actions they took if they did?  :-\

I think you can probably guess the response I got from the vast majority of the Twitteratti!  :-X  Most of whom had the #FBPE hashtag and EU flags on their profiles. Bunch of feking knobs!  >:(  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 05 April 2020, 12:10:35 »

It's unfortunate but as with many sectors,there are staff who clock in,do as little as possible,pass the buck ,don't care at all, clock out and take the money . :(
there are also people who genuinely care ,try their best ,even go way beyond "job descriptions" and calling in favours to try and help people, do many extra hours un-paid , struggle with limited budgets , and are constantly let down by staff who CBA.

I do hope things get better/easier  for you

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 05 April 2020, 13:58:06 »

Scotlands Chief medical officer has ben visited and warned by the Police after breaking her own rules by visiting her second home for a weekend family break.
Don't you just love these cretins who are in charge of things ?
https://order-order.com/2020/04/05/scottish-chief-medical-officers-weekend-break-rules/
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.