Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 129778 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #810 on: 16 April 2020, 19:24:35 »

We usually watch the daily press conference by the Governor of New York state. Our lot could learn a hell of  lot from this fella on how to conduct themselves in front of the media.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 16 April 2020, 19:27:33 »

What gets me is when they ask a question that is so loaded, that the answer that fits with their thinking is spouted within the actual question as well. Hope that makes sense.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #812 on: 16 April 2020, 19:28:05 »

What gets me is when they ask a question that is so loaded, that the answer that fits with their thinking is spouted within the actual question as well. Hope that makes sense.  ;D
Nope. Total gibberish.

STEMO

« Reply #813 on: 16 April 2020, 20:01:39 »

Notice on our local area news website yesterday advised that the Police have noticed an increase in vehicles using our bypass (A16) so will be stopping and questioning if it is an essential journey being made. Be interesting to see where these Police appear from.
They'll be wasting their time:

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 16 April 2020, 20:24:55 »

I noticed loads of cars out today too ,much more than has been
even if people do get stopped by police , what's stopping them telling porkies
it's not like the police have time to investigate
people walking past in groups late at night too ,after 10 pm , so ,no reason i can think of
police did disperse a street party near me a few nights back,with a fire pit in the middle of the road  :(

the idiots breaking lockdown should catch it and die, but sods law,they just infect someone innocent who's stopped in  >:(

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: 16 April 2020, 20:53:02 »

I agree Dai, that’s the way it goes those who try seem to have worse luck than the idiots.
Laying a rubber road.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 17 April 2020, 09:20:13 »

Laura Iamaretard Kuntzenberg, "Can you give the British public an idea of how long this is likely to go on for?"
I can't believe she is stupid.  Lazy, yes.  But I think its an indication of the audience the BBC are aiming for when they think "this is what the British public want answered".  ie, the thick, trailer trash, Knobenders watching, waste of space part of society.
She must be, because that was genuinely the first question after the briefing today.
As said, lazy journalism. She will ask the very same question every single day.  But under the guise of "its what the country wants to know".

Only stupid people want to know that answer, because anyone with an IQ above 1 knows its not possible at this stage to determine that.  So by definition, they are aiming their journalism at those who are too stupid to spell their name. The drains on society.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 17 April 2020, 09:25:31 »

We usually watch the daily press conference by the Governor of New York state. Our lot could learn a hell of  lot from this fella on how to conduct themselves in front of the media.
The media here is all powerful. The way we ingest current affairs is by mainstream media, and for the last 25-30 years (really, since the Diana split and then Blair really nailed it), its soundbite politics. A single sentence/phrase.  And that's all the mainstream media will headline/broadcast. The only other way we ingest current affairs is via that cancer to society known as social media, and don't expect their to be much truth there, but the public will believe it.

Because, as I keep repeating over the years, the British population is incredible thick, and we are long past that tipping point of the thick outnumbering what was once normal people.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 17 April 2020, 10:54:40 »

Currently the only 'news' I watch is the daily briefing.

Keeing an eye on the aviation industry in general, but particularly Norwegian and EasyJet as they directly impact my employment.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 17 April 2020, 11:12:38 »

We don't watch any of it ,now simply got fed up with the stupid questions being asked day in & day out , especially ones about lockdown ending , as the Carpenters once sang "We've only just begun" 😃😀😄
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

« Reply #820 on: 17 April 2020, 11:13:49 »

Norman 'Bites yer legs' Hunter is the latest casualty.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 17 April 2020, 21:34:08 »

According to a scientist/doctor there will be at least a second wave to this if not more. :-X

STEMO

« Reply #822 on: 17 April 2020, 21:48:53 »

According to a scientist/doctor there will be at least a second wave to this if not more. :-X

Just when you thought it was safe to go in the supermarket.........CORONAVIRUS II......THE VIRUS STRIKES BACK!  ;D

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 17 April 2020, 21:51:20 »

It’s not just corona virus it’s m&s virus too
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

« Reply #824 on: 17 April 2020, 21:53:43 »

According to another scientist, it will take around eight waves before we get anywhere near herd immunity. That's if there's anyone left. 20 people ain't much of a herd. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.