Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 129013 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #825 on: 17 April 2020, 22:14:40 »

According to a scientist/doctor there will be at least a second wave to this if not more. :-X

Just when you thought it was safe to go in the supermarket.........CORONAVIRUS II......THE VIRUS STRIKES BACK!  ;D

by Coronavirus VII audience numbers will be right down  :(

they will probably have to film it in Barnsley and spread the virus to your area too
Stay safe Uncle Stemo  ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 17 April 2020, 22:19:47 »

According to a scientist/doctor there will be at least a second wave to this if not more. :-X
According to another scientist, it will take around eight waves before we get anywhere near herd immunity. That's if there's anyone left. 20 people hermits ain't much of a herd. ;D

FTFY Uncle STEMO!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 17 April 2020, 22:46:56 »

Despite all the doom and gloom and stupid questions/comments from the "Media" ... whose job used to be to inform us .. not to speculate and blame "The Government" for every single thing ... there are a couple of salient facts that should be remembered ...

1. The vast majority of those infected recover - 79%

2. The vast majority of those that, unfortunately, succumb, (21%) are elderly (91%) and many would die in the next few years anyway (horrible to say, but never the less .. true)

Every death is a tragedy for the families involved.. but pre-covid 1600 people A DAY died in the UK (thats around 48000 a month) .. and every single one of those was also a tragedy for the families involved.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-cases/

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/monthlyfiguresondeathsregisteredbyareaofusualresidence

The "media hype" and its reliance on sound bites seems to have thrown any idea of perspective out of the window, just so long as they can demand that "The Government" can magic solutions, PPE, "exit strategies" and "clarity" etc out of the air ... the fact that EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD is also grabbing all the PPE they can get hold of matters not .... "The Government" are supposed to perform miracles .. because Laura the idiot whants to be seen to asking another stupid question

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 17 April 2020, 22:50:09 »

I got accused of playing down the scale of the issue when I pointed that out in January...  ;D

Rods predictions are still vastly exaggerated over the reality of the situation...
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #829 on: 17 April 2020, 22:51:36 »

Despite all the doom and gloom and stupid questions/comments from the "Media" ... whose job used to be to inform us .. not to speculate and blame "The Government" for every single thing ... there are a couple of salient facts that should be remembered ...

1. The vast majority of those infected recover - 79%

2. The vast majority of those that, unfortunately, succumb, (21%) are elderly (91%) and many would die in the next few years anyway (horrible to say, but never the less .. true)

Every death is a tragedy for the families involved.. but pre-covid 1600 people A DAY died in the UK (thats around 48000 a month) .. and every single one of those was also a tragedy for the families involved.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/monthlyfiguresondeathsregisteredbyareaofusualresidence

The "media hype" and its reliance on sound bites seems to have thrown any idea of perspective out of the window, just so long as they can demand that "The Government" can magic solutions, PPE, "exit strategies" and "clarity" etc out of the air ... the fact that EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD is also grabbing all the PPE they can get hold of matters not .... "The Government" are supposed to perform miracles .. because Laura the idiot whants to be seen to asking another stupid question
Yep. And let's face it, if it wasn't coronavirus, it would be something else. The human race, in it's desire to be "bigger, better, richer" is bound to overstep the mark sooner or later.

STEMO

« Reply #830 on: 17 April 2020, 22:52:19 »

I got accused of playing down the scale of the issue when I pointed that out in January...  ;D

Rods predictions are still vastly exaggerated over the reality of the situation...
Did you, Donald? We're all very sorry  ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 17 April 2020, 23:00:19 »

Reading the figures on that web site  more closely ...

Things are actually somewhat different to the numbers I put up a couple of  posts up .. the percentages are for those case "with an outcome" so far .. ie recovered or died...

and are based on just 721,527 cases . There are another  1,511,100 infected folks of which, at present 1,454,901 or 96% only have "mild" symptoms...

It would appear that the mortality rate is running at a "real" rate of around 3% .......   still nasty .. but not an "extinction level event" by any means

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 17 April 2020, 23:01:12 »

18/4 3.28M?
21/4 6.56M?
24/4 13.12M?
27/4 26.24M?
30/4 40M? 60%
;D

Not even the global numbers have hit anything like this  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 17 April 2020, 23:02:07 »

https://twitter.com/jasonvanschoor/status/1237142891077697538?s=19

I'm honestly getting a little tired of the constant stream (here and elsewhere) of WE ARE ALL DOOMED TO DIE - if we are all that doomed, might as well just hang ourselves now and save the NHS the trouble of having us coughing up blood on a hallway floor, right?

Or, I guess, Al's suggestion. I quite like beans on toast. Going to have to buy a lot of bread, though, and freeze it.. which is exactly what one lady was doing in Morrisons last night - she had a trolley full of bread..

Outside of the mainstream media histeria bubble I think anybody is anymore than concerned. 80% of confirmed cases are mild, 15% severe & 5% critical. 50% of the critical ones die. The Chinese statistics are in the article below:

https://theanaesthesia.blog/2020/03/09/the-uk-covid-19-epidemic-time-to-plan-and-time-to-act/#comments

What is clear is that Italian hospitals have been overwhelmed & they have double the number of critical care ICU beds compared to the UK where we have the lowest in Europe. In Italy if you have any of the chronic conditions on the list, you will not get any ICU, the same will apply in the UK in 7-21 days when cases are 10,000+. :o :(

All countries have made the same mistake as China in not clamping down fast enough so R0 > 1 & it will keep spreading until isolation makes R0 < 1, like is now occurring in China.

Statistics are just numbers until it is you, family or friends dying & at that point the statistics become very personal. Again looking a China mass isolation to the epidemic under control takes about 3 months. So we will hopefully be over the worst by July-August time.

What nobody is discussing is the economic impact as that will affect everybody in the world, where it is going to cause a global recession. As an example Chinese y-o-y industrial output is 17.2% down in 3 months where the UK in 2008 had an 8% drop in GDP over 12 months. So expect this to be worse than then. Europe & the Eurozone is in a particularly bad place here as the article below explains & traitors May & Hammond have committed the UK to up to about £1tn of potential EU liabilities, which won't be paid back in our lifetimes even with much higher taxes:

https://gnseconomics.com/en_US/2020/02/10/the-stages-of-the-collapse/
I'm going to remember that.
And, if it turns out to be right, I'm going to re-quote and alter it  ;D
::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 17 April 2020, 23:25:52 »

Talking of Rods, he's been quiet recently?  ???  :-\

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 17 April 2020, 23:34:47 »

Perhaps the poor beggars got it. :-\

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 17 April 2020, 23:43:32 »

Nah he’ll never catch on🤭
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: 18 April 2020, 01:20:35 »

He was last on here 11th April.  :-\

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: 18 April 2020, 11:26:12 »

He was last on here 11th April.  :-\
I an't get WIFI in my underground bunker either

I do hope he's OK

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: 18 April 2020, 12:46:29 »

Perhaps he's in lock down in the Ukraine, as i believe his wife is from that neck of the woods. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.