Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 129110 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #870 on: 19 April 2020, 20:31:19 »

Everyone working key jobs with people, where contact is likely or contamination from covid 19 is likely  ...
NHS, care workers,cleaners ,shop staff,chemists, and TEACHERS etc etc should have PPE
the fact that there is a shortage of PPE should not exclude people deserving it's protection
why should a teacher risk death to do their job  :-\

SWMBO works at ASDA on the tills & isn't allowed to wear a mask. They have access to some gloves though I provided her with some to start with.

My work has a reasonable supply of PPE but only get a mask if it's a 2 man task that requires close proximity working
trouble is you can't sue your former employer for not providing PPE when your dead  :(

STEMO

« Reply #871 on: 19 April 2020, 20:34:45 »

Got a mate who works for Wilkos, he walked out about 10 days ago when they said he couldn't wear a mask. They rang him yesterday and asked him to come back. He could wear a mask but he'd have to bring it with him.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 19 April 2020, 20:55:29 »

Got a mate who works for Wilkos, he walked out about 10 days ago when they said he couldn't wear a mask. They rang him yesterday and asked him to come back. He could wear a mask but he'd have to bring it with him.
I guess all the other staff are off sick with coughs  ::)
it's a disgrace not letting people wear masks if they want too
and should be supplied by your employer if you request it

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 19 April 2020, 21:53:27 »

Everyone working key jobs with people, where contact is likely or contamination from covid 19 is likely  ...
NHS, care workers,cleaners ,shop staff,chemists, and TEACHERS etc etc should have PPE
the fact that there is a shortage of PPE should not exclude people deserving it's protection
why should a teacher risk death to do their job  :-\

SWMBO works at ASDA on the tills & isn't allowed to wear a mask. They have access to some gloves though I provided her with some to start with.

My work has a reasonable supply of PPE but only get a mask if it's a 2 man task that requires close proximity working
trouble is you can't sue your former employer for not providing PPE when your dead  :(
Don’t worry, they have a perfectly good life insurance policy on all their employees so that they aren't left out of pocket when you succumb to Batflu  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

JoSheppard

• Los Angeles
    • Opel Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: 22 April 2020, 08:11:50 »

After two night in intensive care, it seems he is responding well to treatment.

STEMO

« Reply #875 on: 25 April 2020, 15:41:51 »

Another 781 deaths in hospital in the UK today. Doesn't seem to be dropping at all.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 25 April 2020, 16:27:46 »

20,319 deaths in the Uk so far by worldometers figures (which is not a true reflection ),
I think we can say double that figure if you include death elsewhere (outside hospital) so 40,000
March 5 2020 UK cases reached 90, as the first patient died in the UK
so 7 weeks 2 days later
follow the same curve down by mirroring (which is optimistic  :-\)
by mid June that would put 40,638 deaths if we are "lucky"  :(
realistically 80,000 true (in and out of hospital deaths)

STEMO

« Reply #877 on: 25 April 2020, 16:52:05 »

Another 781 deaths in hospital in the UK today. Doesn't seem to be dropping at all.
Been upped to 813.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 25 April 2020, 17:09:37 »

Been upped to 813.

Yet it seems that lockdown fatigue has well and truly set in, which is exactly what they said would happen and is why they held off with the lockdown until the hysteria became deafening.  :-X   ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #879 on: 25 April 2020, 17:14:31 »

Been upped to 813.

Yet it seems that lockdown fatigue has well and truly set in, which is exactly what they said would happen and is why they held off with the lockdown until the hysteria became deafening.  :-X   ::)
Just been reading about New York City. People are trying to stick to the lockdown but things are getting pretty tense. When you look at the figures there, they are truly frightening and people are getting very tetchy (and very skint). We are a social race and this is not natural. Of course, there are those who are less capable of coping than others. If I was old (shut up, Opti) and living alone, I think I might have given up by now. If I was very young and living on my own, I think I would probably just go out.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 25 April 2020, 17:23:00 »

Loads of unrest in Europe but we’re not being told anything about it by BBC Sky etc
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: 25 April 2020, 18:09:33 »

Loads of unrest in Europe but we’re not being told anything about it by BBC Sky etc

Indeed.  The French as usual are protesting again in yellow vests:
https://www.france24.com/en/20200314-french-yellow-vests-defy-coronavirus-measures-to-demonstrate-in-paris-on-eve-of-elections

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/paris-suburbs-protests-villeneuve-la-garenne/2020/04/25/55f5a40c-85a1-11ea-81a3-9690c9881111_story.html

I love the French.  They are the skilled protesters / revolutionaries of Europe.  THey take no shit!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 25 April 2020, 18:21:28 »

Been upped to 813.

Just been reading about New York City. People are trying to stick to the lockdown but things are getting pretty tense. When you look at the figures there, they are truly frightening and people are getting very tetchy (and very skint). We are a social race and this is not natural. Of course, there are those who are less capable of coping than others. If I was old (shut up, Opti) and living alone, I think I might have given up by now. If I was very young and living on my own, I think I would probably just go out.

No need for TB's cull. This virus is nature weeding out the old and infirm. I will miss you though. :) :-* :-* :-*

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 25 April 2020, 19:05:40 »

https://www.france24.com/en/20200314-french-yellow-vests-defy-coronavirus-measures-to-demonstrate-in-paris-on-eve-of-elections

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/paris-suburbs-protests-villeneuve-la-garenne/2020/04/25/55f5a40c-85a1-11ea-81a3-9690c9881111_story.html

I loathe the French.  They are the laziest, over entitled, ignorant nation of communists in Europe.  THey are a complete waste of fresh air and skin  ;D ;D ;D ;)

Couldn't agree more.
« Last Edit: 25 April 2020, 19:08:07 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #884 on: 25 April 2020, 19:07:34 »

I love the French.  They are the laziest, entitled, ignorant nation of communists in Europe.  THey are a complete waste of fresh air and skin  ;D ;D ;D ;)

Fixed.
You quite like their cars, though.  :-*
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.