Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ex The Boys  (Read 3882 times)

amigov6

Re: Ex The Boys
« Reply #15 on: 11 September 2009, 21:02:43 »

Are those pics taken in Boston? If so, whereabouts?

Spent 18 yrs there  :(

They are, its a relatively new office estate behind the BMW/Peugeot dealer which are on (I think) the Sleaford road. Lived here for 3 years and still don't know the bloody street names :-[

Wayne

Yeah I know where you mean, its Boardsides - at the end of Sleaford Road. Car looking very nice though  :y
Hi Platty. I spent nearlly a happy year in Boston. I worked forklift driving/shunting on the dock & rented a flat in a lovely big old house overlooking the Witham. The address was Witham bank east. When i finished a 2 to 10 shift i'd pop into the Witham pub on the way home (closed shortly before i left). I met alot of cool people in Boston & will never forget the Axe & Cleaver pub. :y

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 September 2009, 08:01:47 »

Looks gr8, it is was nice motor when I saw it in the flesh, that's when it was professionally polished at Telford  :y
Do it right, do it once................

sharky

• west sussex
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 September 2009, 14:07:58 »

lovely clean looking car there :y

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 September 2009, 17:57:55 »

Looks good!

Same colour as my TD Elite (Sea Polor Blue) :y
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 September 2009, 22:02:57 »

Smashing looking car mate, the pre-facelift seems to have 'more about it' than my version. :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

platty

• Cambridge
    • BMW 530d Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 September 2009, 13:05:16 »

They are, its a relatively new office estate behind the BMW/Peugeot dealer which are on (I think) the Sleaford road. Lived here for 3 years and still don't know the bloody street names :-[

Wayne

Yeah I know where you mean, its Boardsides - at the end of Sleaford Road. Car looking very nice though  :y
Hi Platty. I spent nearlly a happy year in Boston. I worked forklift driving/shunting on the dock & rented a flat in a lovely big old house overlooking the Witham. The address was Witham bank east. When i finished a 2 to 10 shift i'd pop into the Witham pub on the way home (closed shortly before i left). I met alot of cool people in Boston & will never forget the Axe & Cleaver pub. :y
Hi Amigo, If you lived on Witham Bank East then I am sure you would have been frequesnting the Witham Tavern - still very much open! I used to often walk the dog up to Andy's chip shop (behind the Tavern) and then go for a swift pint overlooking the Marina.

The Axe & Cleaver is a bit legendary though - turned a bit underage now days though. Still a unique place to say the least!

V6drift

• Intermediate Member
  • rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 September 2009, 20:26:21 »

very clean looking mig you got there, good colour too  8-)
most of my family live in boston, next time i come over you,ll hear me  ;D
omega drivers do it sideways...

Squealey

• Donington, Lincs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 September 2009, 00:45:59 »

Wayne

Hi Amigo, If you lived on Witham Bank East then I am sure you would have been frequesnting the Witham Tavern - still very much open! I used to often walk the dog up to Andy's chip shop (behind the Tavern) and then go for a swift pint overlooking the Marina.

The Axe & Cleaver is a bit legendary though - turned a bit underage now days though. Still a unique place to say the least!

I was up Andys chippy earlier. Lovely bloke, put a tenner in my hand both times my babies were born.

I have lived here for three years now and can honestly say I have had one pint in the Weatherspoons pub in the town and other than that have not been near a pub. Do enjoy a curry at the Masalla Zone down West Street. :y :y

Wayne

platty

• Cambridge
    • BMW 530d Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 September 2009, 14:51:11 »

Wayne

I was up Andys chippy earlier. Lovely bloke, put a tenner in my hand both times my babies were born.

I have lived here for three years now and can honestly say I have had one pint in the Weatherspoons pub in the town and other than that have not been near a pub. Do enjoy a curry at the Masalla Zone down West Street. :y :y

Wayne
Its a little known fact, but Boston has got the most pubs per square mile of any town in England - apparently  :-/

Its just a pity they are all shite.

Andy is a great chap, known him for many years. Best chips in Town (since Cryers closed) and he's only 2 mins from Red Cap Lane
« Last Edit: 21 September 2009, 14:51:38 by platty »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 September 2009, 17:42:27 »

Arghhh! Everytime this thread gets replied to I have to look at those piccies of my old beloved tractor, which I miss  :'(

It was a bit of a forum saga from that surprisely warm February 2007 day when Auto Addict and I picked it it until October 2007 when it actually ran properly again, so many members have a vested interest in her!  Its certainly the most blood and sweat I've put into a car.

After the mega external valet by AmigoV6 and his mate, it always cleaned up really nice :y
Grumpy old man

amigov6

« Reply #25 on: 21 September 2009, 19:56:27 »

Hi Squealy. As said in earlier post i did pop into the Witham to blow the froth off a couple after work (as you do)! There was a lovely little blonde barmaid called Lou. She used to run out from behind the bar & give me a hug & a kiss on the cheek, nothing more sadly! Never tried Andy's chippy. If iwas'nt cooking i'd get an Indian from a restaurant on a crossroads with cycle shop opposite. Can't remember the name but the food was spot on. Love Boston.
    Regarding admins cars & work & help & help from forum members, the Beastie was great when i bought her from Hotel21 (love the stovies Broocie) & with labour/parts & very fair prices from Markey Mark just up the road in Scunny she's even better now. Recaro leather, full Bose, cambelt kit & waterpump, a semi engine swap (long story) Irmscher carbon effect steering wheel, crankcase sensor, full s/steel de cat exhaust & more. On top of this Broocie fitted red rear irmsher lowering springs & cruise control, new Goodyear Eagle F1's this saturday £416 all in & a spare set of good MV6 alloys. I can go anywhere in this car happy in the knowledge she won't let me down.
    Over a year on every mile is a pleasure to drive. Look after them & they look after you back 8-) :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 September 2009, 20:22:32 »

Hi Squealy. As said in earlier post i did pop into the Witham to blow the froth off a couple after work (as you do)! There was a lovely little blonde barmaid called Lou. She used to run out from behind the bar & give me a hug & a kiss on the cheek, nothing more sadly! Never tried Andy's chippy. If iwas'nt cooking i'd get an Indian from a restaurant on a crossroads with cycle shop opposite. Can't remember the name but the food was spot on. Love Boston.
    Regarding admins cars & work & help & help from forum members, the Beastie was great when i bought her from Hotel21 (love the stovies Broocie) & with labour/parts & very fair prices from Markey Mark just up the road in Scunny she's even better now. Recaro leather, full Bose, cambelt kit & waterpump, a semi engine swap (long story) Irmscher carbon effect steering wheel, crankcase sensor, full s/steel de cat exhaust & more. On top of this Broocie fitted red rear irmsher lowering springs & cruise control, new Goodyear Eagle F1's this saturday £416 all in & a spare set of good MV6 alloys. I can go anywhere in this car happy in the knowledge she won't let me down.
    Over a year on every mile is a pleasure to drive. Look after them & they look after you back 8-) :y
Now you need the irmscher springs on front as well - certainly seem to reduce that high speed (120/130mph) 'loose' front end (when on runways/autobahns, obviously)
Grumpy old man

amigov6

« Reply #27 on: 21 September 2009, 20:42:21 »

Now you need the irmscher springs on front as well - certainly seem to reduce that high speed (120/130mph) 'loose' front end (when on runways/autobahns, obviously)
;D ;D ;D Never had her flat out mate. So many have said on here & youtube that a healthy manual 3.0 will pull 150+ there's no need for me to try.
    I did try my green 2.5 manual & bottled it @ 146 indicated, still creeping up but feeling very light on CD suspension & tyres so i quit while i was ahead. This was of course done on private land under clinical supervision!!!! ::)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.