Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Amazon
« on: 11 April 2022, 02:59:03 »

Amazon driver 'told to finish shift' after suffering heart attack behind the wheel

Sounds about right for Amazon :-X
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2022, 04:41:38 »

Anyone buying from this company is complicit. Their greed has no limit.

Although that driver was probably a self employed contractor renting a van of a 'subcontractor' to Amazon, rendering Amazon immune from any direct culpability.
« Last Edit: 11 April 2022, 04:48:24 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2022, 08:16:39 »

The hospital will keep him in untill they are happy to discharge him. And they will not let him drive. Untill such times they are happy, that he is safe to do so. If he does drive, more fool him as he could possibly lose his licence, also his insurance company will not cover him, in the event of a accident. It was ages before the hospital let me drive. Now I am going through a medical again, to see if I will lose licence completely, as they aren't happy with some things.
« Last Edit: 11 April 2022, 08:18:41 by addy »
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2022, 09:26:34 »

Amazon driver 'told to finish shift' after suffering heart attack behind the wheel

Sounds about right for Amazon :-X

As an adult you don't ask permission to go to the hospital if you feel unwell, you go and that's how simple it is what a numpty
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2022, 14:55:02 »

Now I am going through a medical again, to see if I will lose licence completely, as they aren't happy with some things.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed it turns out well for you.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2022, 19:20:10 »

Although that driver was probably a self employed contractor renting a van of a 'subcontractor' to Amazon, rendering Amazon immune from any direct culpability.
I don't think they are any better or worse than anywhere else to be honest.  I seem to recall that Amazon don't make a huge amount from the side of things that consumers consider to be "Amazon".  So costs have to be kept down, which always ends in stories of how bad a company are to their staff.

In this case, most Amazon liveried vans actually belong to 3rd party couriers who work exclusively to Amazon Logistics (who also deliver for other companies, not just that tat sold on Amazon's sites).
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 April 2022, 19:21:32 »

Now I am going through a medical again, to see if I will lose licence completely, as they aren't happy with some things.
Hope that goes well.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 April 2022, 19:30:21 »

I don't think they are any better or worse than anywhere else to be honest.  I seem to recall that Amazon don't make a huge amount from the side of things that consumers consider to be "Amazon".  So costs have to be kept down, which always ends in stories of how bad a company are to their staff.

In this case, most Amazon liveried vans actually belong to 3rd party couriers who work exclusively to Amazon Logistics (who also deliver for other companies, not just that tat sold on Amazon's sites).
Not that that is particularly legal in itself, as they dictate the shifts the couriers can work, so a self employed driver might only be allowed to work four days for Amazon, but have to then work for thee days delivering for Herpes etc...

They've recently started insisting that vans are liveried, rendering them unusable for half the week. And as the vans are generally leased from the 3rd party courier companies, said self employed drivers are screwed both ends.

All because people can't be arsed to go to the shops.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 April 2022, 19:42:23 »

The Amazon van is out side my house 3-4 days a week. What am I? A customer, not a bleeding heart who worries about amazons employment practices.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 April 2022, 19:44:07 »

The Amazon van is out side my house 3-4 days a week. What am I? A customer, not a bleeding heart who worries about amazons employment practices.
Not a bleeding heart, but equally, not a customer. By choice.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 April 2022, 20:00:32 »

Exactly right nobody is forced to work for them , every person has the choice the same choice they have if they think they are having a "heart attack" why all the fuss about Amazon ? Some folk need to take control of their lives instead of saying " I've been treated so badly" pathetic .
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 April 2022, 10:44:36 »

Well, due to the hoops that Oxfordshire* enforce to get into towns to go to the shops, it might not be physically or financially viable for some people ;).  Thus online shopping is the only way.

*I'm sure many other towns are the same.

Fortunately Brakkers is not run by such short sighted, self centred knobjockeys.  But we lack any shops, unless you want to buy curry or a house.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 April 2022, 10:57:18 »

Well, due to the hoops that Oxfordshire* enforce to get into towns to go to the shops, it might not be physically or financially viable for some people ;).  Thus online shopping is the only way.

Fortunately Brakkers is not run by such short sighted, self centred knobjockeys.  But we lack any shops, unless you want to buy curry or a house.
I will wager that said leftie council buys just as much crap off Amazon as STEMO. Obviously when their deliveries are made more expensive to cover their ecomental bans and charges, it won't occur to them that they did that :-X

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 April 2022, 11:54:18 »

I will wager that said leftie council buys just as much crap off Amazon as STEMO. Obviously when their deliveries are made more expensive to cover their ecomental bans and charges, it won't occur to them that they did that :-X
I don't buy crap, I buy decent stuff. Cheaper than at high street retailers, without the waiting and planet killing driving.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 April 2022, 13:12:06 »

I'm guessing you've never been into Oxford City?  They would buy from the local artisan Oxford shops at six times the price....
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.