Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Passenger front door lock - key stuck !  (Read 1251 times)

ScaniaV8

• Luton, Bedfordshire
    • View Profile
Passenger front door lock - key stuck !
« on: 23 February 2010, 16:15:37 »

aaaghh.... decided to open the car via the front passenger door lock using key....it unlocked the door but the key will not come out of the door lock. It looks like it's stuck at an angle and I'm frightened to force it either way in case it snaps.
Any suggestions as to how to remove and what's likely to have caused this to happen?

I still have the spare key to gain entry to the Drivers door and the central locking is working ok on all 4 doors  ;)...it's just the key cannot be removed from the passenger front door lock ! :'(

Mr.Salvador

• View Profile
Re: Passenger front door lock - key stuck !
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2010, 16:23:17 »

hmm..might be the cold bud, have you tried WD40? hope you havent twisted the key otherwise it might be a nasty job. Is there any play in it when you wiggle the key? probably cos it hasnt been used for a long time. i suggeswt a bit of WD40 with the straw nozzle to get right in there. see if that works

alfie

• Gwent
    • Mondeo Ghia estate tdci
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2010, 22:00:24 »

I,ve no key/lock on my passenger door,is that normal?
Alfie.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2010, 22:06:04 »

I,ve no key/lock on my passenger door,is that normal?
Alfie.

Yes! Your car is newer.  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2010, 22:07:12 »

aaaghh.... decided to open the car via the front passenger door lock using key....it unlocked the door but the key will not come out of the door lock. It looks like it's stuck at an angle and I'm frightened to force it either way in case it snaps.
Any suggestions as to how to remove and what's likely to have caused this to happen?

I still have the spare key to gain entry to the Drivers door and the central locking is working ok on all 4 doors  ;)...it's just the key cannot be removed from the passenger front door lock ! :'(

Did you sort this out yesterday? All i could suggest is what you've already been doing, lots of wiggling of the key  :-?

ScaniaV8

• Luton, Bedfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2010, 08:12:24 »

Not sorted yet. I am currently working in Stockholm and car is in UK (still with key sticking out of passenger lock :-(
Back next Tuesday to sort this out and also get car thru MOT re-test (only failed on Handbrake efficiency last Saturday week :-(
Just wondering on re-test would they fail car again because of protruding key maybe seen as a dangerous item?

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2010, 08:25:18 »

Cant see why they would, your wing mirror sticks out a lot more and that wont fail the car
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 February 2010, 08:46:22 »

Not sorted yet. I am currently working in Stockholm and car is in UK (still with key sticking out of passenger lock :-(
Back next Tuesday to sort this out and also get car thru MOT re-test (only failed on Handbrake efficiency last Saturday week :-(
Just wondering on re-test would they fail car again because of protruding key maybe seen as a dangerous item?

I think I'd lose the passenger side lock & find another same coloured passenger side handle to replace it with.  ;)

Mr.Salvador

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 February 2010, 15:28:15 »

surely you would only need a new lock barrel to insert? not a whole handle?? take all handle off, seperate barrel from handle (possible have to cut key?) and refit new barrel into old silver handle. job done?!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 February 2010, 21:01:05 »

surely you would only need a new lock barrel to insert? not a whole handle?? take all handle off, seperate barrel from handle (possible have to cut key?) and refit new barrel into old silver handle. job done?!

My point being that it's a lot easier to replace the handle for one without a lock - ie like all the newer cars - than it would be to make another barrel fit the existing key ...... unless you wanted another key just for the passenger door!  ::)  ::) :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.