Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitted the cam sensor, what next?  (Read 847 times)

jay99

• Greater Manchester.
    • Omega 2.0 manual 2000
    • View Profile
Fitted the cam sensor, what next?
« on: 08 November 2013, 20:26:29 »

Hello again

I got round to getting the cam sensor fitted today, and the engine management light went off! I can rev it over 4500rpm so thats sorted.
Car feels a little perkier now, although that may be a figment of my imagination.

I still have the load problem, every time I put my foot down or go up a slight incline it starts to stutter and choke, and Its as if have I no power left, have to feather the throttle to keep it going!! I remember someone saying that a cam sensor would solve 99% of my problems :(

WHAT COULD IT BE!!!!!

I've looked up my MOT history and I've found some interesting stuff, not sure if it helps, it the last time my dad did it in April
Reason(s) for refusal to issue Certificate. I think it

April 2013
Fail certificate
Offside Front Headlamp not working on dipped beam (1.7.5a)
Registration plate lamp not working (1.1.C.1d)
Windscreen has damage to the swept area in excess of a 40mm circle outside zone 'A' (8.3.1d)
Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid (8.2.3)
Nearside Front idler arm Steering pivot point has excessive play (2.2.B.1g)
Exhaust emissions Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits (7.3.D.4)
-Advisory Notice issued
Rear both sides coil spring corroded (2.4.C.1b)
Front both sides Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
Oil leak
Engine light on,offside front door strap inscure,under body and suspion slightley rusty.

Pass certificate (same day)
Advisory Notice issued
Rear both sides coil spring corroded (2.4.C.1b)
Front both sides Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
Smaller wipper fitted Windscreen has damage to an area less than a 40mm circle outside zone 'A' (8.3.1d)
Front Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2)
Oil leak
Engine light on,offside front door strap inscure,under body and suspion slightley rusty.

oh by the way put some turtlewax clearvue (rainX) and you don't even need to use wipers!!! Lifesaver!

Thanks again sorry for being an annoyance :D

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Re: Fitted the cam sensor, what next?
« Reply #1 on: 09 November 2013, 08:49:38 »

I had a slight hesitation / splutter on mine and it was the coil pack starting to fail
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.