Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parking fines in London  (Read 715 times)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Parking fines in London
« on: 12 January 2008, 09:14:59 »

It used to be the case that a ticket was not valid unless it was attached to the windscreen, i.e. if you moved the car before the traffic warden managed to stick it under the wiper you were in the clear.

They announced today on the news that they are changing the rules, a ticket is valid even if you moved your car before the warden manage to actually print and attach it to the windscreen.

The reason? A lady from the H&S brigade stared straight into the camera and said in a very serious voice that drivers driving away trying to avoid a ticket are a 'serious safety hazard to other drivers and pedestrians'.

What hypocrisy... if I were the reporter, I would asked the lady to see the statistics regarding how many people in the UK are injured every year by cars fleeing traffic wardens... my guess is somewhere between zero to nil.

>:(
« Last Edit: 12 January 2008, 09:15:33 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
Re: Parking fines in London
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2008, 09:16:49 »

Yeah complete and utter crap, seen her twice on the news making the same statement, I done that a few years ago and i never ran over or hurt anyone or damaged any other cars. Still got the ticket though went ot appeal hearing and went in my favour :y

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2008, 09:17:29 »

I knew this one will get you going Mike....  ;D
Alas, no more Omegas....

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2008, 09:33:02 »

I knew this one will get you going Mike....  ;D

Thanks ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2008, 11:03:54 »

The reason? A lady from the H&S brigade stared straight into the camera and said in a very serious voice that drivers driving away trying to avoid a ticket are a 'serious safety hazard to other drivers and pedestrians'.

We'll just have to resort to grabbing his ticket machine and educating it with Sammy Sledge then. Can't see a safety hazard there. ;)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2008, 12:47:34 »

We'll just have to resort to grabbing his ticket machine and educating it with Sammy Sledge then. Can't see a safety hazard there. ;)

Kevin

I seem to remember a case some time ago, a motorist snapped the traffic warden's pen (that was before they had the portable printer thingys) and threw it far away, then made off in his car. The motorist was charged with assault but was cleared as he did not actually touch or harm the traffic warden (though I suppose the council could have followed it up with causing damage to council property or something similar..). So yes, this is possible...  ;D

Alas, no more Omegas....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.