Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brand new Corsa.  (Read 2670 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Brand new Corsa.
« Reply #30 on: 26 January 2022, 08:03:48 »

Read a report about the new corsa yesterday. From what it said, it's not a patch, equipment or cabin layout wise, to it's sister car the Peugeot, and it doesn't get anywhere near the fiesta as a drivers car.
Their take on it outselling the fiesta was that Ford, being clever buggers, put all the chips they had for manufacturing into the transit (which, btw, outsold the corsa and fiesta added together) because they make a bigger profit on the van. Same(ish) selling price as the fiesta, but cost less to produce.

Doesn't align with the facts I have, the Transit is not a big profit item (and one of the reasosn it was pulled from SOuthampton was to improve margins), Ford would be opushing the chips at the Focus upwards to get profit  :y

The issue the Fiesta has is that its not cheap, even a base model Trend is 17K now!

The Corsa is about £1500 cheaper

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 January 2022, 08:13:42 »

And nice arse😂 anyway that’s a fair cop Rangie😂😂

And I thought I'd covered my tracks..😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26 January 2022, 10:31:50 »

Read a report about the new corsa yesterday. From what it said, it's not a patch, equipment or cabin layout wise, to it's sister car the Peugeot, and it doesn't get anywhere near the fiesta as a drivers car.
Their take on it outselling the fiesta was that Ford, being clever buggers, put all the chips they had for manufacturing into the transit (which, btw, outsold the corsa and fiesta added together) because they make a bigger profit on the van. Same(ish) selling price as the fiesta, but cost less to produce.

Doesn't align with the facts I have, the Transit is not a big profit item (and one of the reasosn it was pulled from SOuthampton was to improve margins), Ford would be opushing the chips at the Focus upwards to get profit  :y

The issue the Fiesta has is that its not cheap, even a base model Trend is 17K now!

The Corsa is about £1500 cheaper
This is my source:
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-10415457/Vauxhall-Corsa-review-wheel-Britains-new-king-cars.html
Diesel till I die

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26 January 2022, 11:17:48 »

Corsas are shit, I always find they smell funny inside too , a bit like milky baby sick  :-\
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26 January 2022, 11:24:20 »

Corsas are shit, I always find they smell funny inside too , a bit like milky baby sick  :-\

Are you sure it's the car & not you ? 😄😄😄
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26 January 2022, 16:26:48 »

Are you sure it's the car & not you ? 😄😄😄

Pretty confident it's not me but I'll ask the wife to have a sniff later  ;)
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.