Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh FFS...  (Read 3121 times)

05omegav6

Oh FFS...
« on: 25 February 2015, 21:48:27 »

Someone please remind me why I bank with Lloyds... king shower of shyte...

Need to make a payment from my Business account... go online, log in... have to use one of those stupid card readers... 'dangle berries', need pin number... never used pin before, go and find letter with said number... type it in... wrong pin... now locked... ring Phonebank... Transfering you to an adviser... we're terribly sorry but our office hours are 0700 to 2000... FFS I'm trying to run a 24 hour business >:(

So I can't make the payment, can't use my card and can't even get through to someone to yell at them... SLady bitshorpes :-X

And the real kicker, since some stupid arse let a graduate implement a bright idea last week, I now need to use my pin number to pay money in >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh FFS...
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2015, 22:10:24 »

Get yourself on Hsbc'ses.

Or first direct on line banking. Via Hsbc'ses

Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2015, 22:19:48 »

First Direct still doing £100 incentive to switch btw.

Salary over £1k a month for three months and you gets your oner

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2015, 22:21:08 »

I used to bank with Lloyd's, shower of shit that I'm well rid of >:(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2015, 22:53:28 »

I shall have a rummage over the next few days... Nationwide looking promising...

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2015, 23:18:51 »

I shall have a rumfmage over the next few days... Nationwide looking promising...

I went to Hsbc about 12 years ago,had no problems with them :y
other rides 

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2015, 23:22:05 »

I shall have a rumfmage over the next few days... Nationwide looking promising...

Did they help your tax affairs OK?  ::)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 February 2015, 23:32:50 »

Tax?whassat then
other rides 

Elmstoneboy

• Biddenden Kent UK
    • J reg 2.6 V6 Auto CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 February 2015, 23:33:38 »

I've been with NatWest all my working life. Now semi retired. Brilliant bank that still feels like a bank and not a supermarket.
Now use their App on my phone, see the statements of all accounts and can make a money transfer between accounts in less than a minute.
Can also send a code to somebody who can then collect cash from a cash machine or transfer to debit card. Can do even more online. Have 24hr helpline.
Would suggest reading up for what they have to offer.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 February 2015, 23:47:51 »

Tax?whassat then

How much for cash? .....  ::) ;) ;) ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #10 on: 26 February 2015, 00:05:35 »

Ah but if you knew the kinds of things that I (and I imagine Guffers) know about online banking exploits, you'd be glad of the two factor auth (the keypad jobber).

I still can't believe all banks don't use them here (Lloyds included as it's only for business banking in their case)..

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 February 2015, 00:21:41 »

I shall have a rummage over the next few days... Nationwide looking promising...

*cough*iirc....*cough**cough* you *cough* said that last time*cough**cough*  :-X

First direct account swap was seamless last time. But most banks offer all that these days. Along with all the stuff mentioned re Nat west. As I'm sure you know.

Forget what you here in the media. Check the latest customer satisfaction stats. Go from there. Imo.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 February 2015, 07:39:25 »

Tell me about it, I make small payments abroad every month to my wife's family, HSBC decided over after many-many months of this, over Xmas and New-Year that it was a suspicious transfer, so locked my DD card, so important payments of behalf of my clients like server payments bounced, I was not a happy bunny!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 February 2015, 11:53:43 »

I've had endless troubles with Barclays (Personal), HSBC (Business) and First Direct (Personal). All of them completely inept at dealing with anything.

Natwest (Personal) have been the only ones who have been virtually trouble free for me.
Grumpy old man

The Sheriff

« Reply #14 on: 26 February 2015, 12:35:51 »

Tell me about it, I make small payments abroad every month to my wife's family, HSBC decided over after many-many months of this, over Xmas and New-Year that it was a suspicious transfer, so locked my DD card, so important payments of behalf of my clients like server payments bounced, I was not a happy bunny!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(
If that happened to me, I would take my overdraught elsewhere. Harrumph.....  >:(

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 26 February 2015, 12:36:34 »

Is it me or are Nat West appearing to be the only ones to be retaining their counter and customer support staff? When i go
into Barclays now you get led to a damn great TV screen and there is only one counter with a long queue. >:(

The Sheriff

« Reply #16 on: 26 February 2015, 12:41:08 »

Is it me or are Nat West appearing to be the only ones to be retaining their counter and customer support staff? When i go
into Barclays now you get led to a damn great TV screen and there is only one counter with a long queue. >:(
In the wakefield city centre branch there are just a bank of ATM's.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 February 2015, 12:42:25 »

I've been with Barclays for years with no issues until recently, when they completely @rsed up the simple task of opening an account. Sat and watched the guy in the branch wrestling with their web site wondering why I didn't just do it from home.  ::)

"Ahh. Hang on, maybe it's not accepting that because of xyz.. clickety-click"
"Oh, that's better"
"Yes, but that's not the product I wanted, and that's not my address. Apart from that, you've done well." >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 February 2015, 12:44:34 »

business banking: HSBC is not bad - they'll do the first year for free.

don't think First Direct do business banking but to be honest they are no different to HSBC and they are all a shower.
parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 February 2015, 21:26:06 »

Nope. Sorry to go on, but hsbc have two counters, minimum. (Based on Slough, Reading, Reading, Woodley branches in middle earth. ) usually witha small queue it has to be said, at which point they usually open the second counter.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 February 2015, 22:49:36 »

Nope. Sorry to go on, but hsbc have two counters, minimum. (Based on Slough, Reading, Reading, Woodley branches in middle earth. ) usually witha small queue it has to be said, at which point they usually open the second counter.

Moved on from that rancid bog in the misty mountains and gone downmarket, have we? :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #21 on: 26 February 2015, 22:53:39 »

My local lloyds is fine, same two people working there, it's the idiots they work for that cause issues ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 February 2015, 23:09:28 »

Moved on from that rancid bog in the misty mountains and gone downmarket, have we? :D

Have to leave the cavses now and then. Sometimes the way is shutses!

05omegav6

« Reply #23 on: 03 March 2015, 16:26:53 »

Well, having returned three direct debits, inspite of there being ample funds to cover them, the explanation being that it's 50/50 as to whether they are paid or not :o the writing is on the wall for the SLady bitshorpe branch of Lloyds Bank...

Two Nationwide accounts opened this afternoon, and a couple of days lined up shifting direct debits over. My business account will be closed by the end of the week. By the end of the month, my only commitment to SLady bitshorpe Bank plc will be a loan and two overdrafts, and by the end of the summer, all things being equal, I shall no longer be a customer of theirs. Have only banked with them for 22 years ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 March 2015, 16:32:12 »

Well, having returned three direct debits, inspite of there being ample funds to cover them, the explanation being that it's 50/50 as to whether they are paid or not :o the writing is on the wall for the SLady bitshorpe branch of Lloyds Bank...

Two Nationwide accounts opened this afternoon, and a couple of days lined up shifting direct debits over. My business account will be closed by the end of the week. By the end of the month, my only commitment to SLady bitshorpe Bank plc will be a loan and two overdrafts, and by the end of the summer, all things being equal, I shall no longer be a customer of theirs. Have only banked with them for 22 years ::)

They treat loyalty with disdain. :(

Banks are the scum of the Earth.

Hang the bankers.....every last one of them.
« Last Edit: 03 March 2015, 16:33:52 by Doctor Opti »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03 March 2015, 17:13:18 »

Luck of the drawer I think. A lunchtime queue at Bletchley HSBC is rarely shorter than 45 mins. Nat west next door is quick, and Barclays down the road is rarely more than 10 mins.

I certainly wouldn't open another hsbc account
Grumpy old man

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 March 2015, 18:14:49 »

My experiance with Natwest was appaling. Got into overdraft afetr a christmas. Went into branch and told them so so wanted to stop several direct debits to help the problem. Within two weeks of them "helping" my £700 overdraft had spirreled into £2100. After 6 months in which I was forced to take a loan to clear the debt, the cancelled direct debits were still being paid. The assistant of the branch who had been helping from day one turned out to be the branch manager. He personnally asked me to call the companys whose direct debits were still being paid out to ask them to stop taking the money. At this point, I walked into HSBC next door, opened a new account and took Natwest to the financial ombudsman.
Got £1500 back in charged fees and £400 compo. Manager moved overnight to "assist" in another branch
Not had a single problem with HSBC in 15 years now

Keith B
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.