Can’t find rely schematics for v6 on forum pleas help

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
Re: help!
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2008, 15:06:49 »

vrba,

if you stick your symtons on here people may well be able to help you.

might be a common problem already experienced on here.

regards johnny ;D

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2008, 15:29:26 »

Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2008, 16:31:22 »

yes this is it, i already wrote about my problem bath no one didn't know how to solve it. Can someone get me electric diagram for my mega, cause i can't solve that things with radiator fans, can't get it to switch off without pulling the fuse. Today i replaced both thermo switches on the back side of the engine, check the relay's and fuses and that didn't solve nothing. This is the thing, i already wrote about the problem here, my cooling fan is always in even when i pull the key out, and one of two climate fans switch on immediately when i turn the key on (climate in the car is off), so there is running one climate fan and cooling fan (not the one in cabin :) ).

Big_Roger

• Intermediate Member
  • Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2008, 21:00:27 »

Hi VRBA,

I only have the Haynes Manual circuit diagram, but I have had a look to see what may cause your problem.
First, we need to be sure it is the engine cooling fan, the one you have to pull the fuse to stop it (F42) the one the engine side of the radiator, is it running full speed ? or just the usual half speed ?

The real puzzle is that, when you switch on ignition, only one of the condenser cooling fans, the ones at the front of the radiator start up. do they run at full speed or half speed ?

I don't quite understand which thermostat switches "at the back end of the engine"you have changed ?

As I see the problem:
1) If the engine cooling fan is running at full speed, then the relay      K 67 could be stuck in the closed position. and removing K 67 should also stop the fan. If this was stuck, this would also provide a path for current to back feed through the half speed resistor of the engine cooling fan to the condenser fans as soon as relay K 26 is made on switching on the ignition (but I cannot explain why only one fan runs).

ALSO CHECK that you havn't swapped this relay with relay K 22 as K22 is a normally closed relay !! Have you been juggling any of the relays around positions??

2) The main suspect is the thermostat switch. This is the one screwed into the side of the radiator just below the entry of the big water pipe from the engine into the radiator. It is a two stage switch, first it closes at about 95deg C and should start engine fan and condenser fans half speed. If the water temp continues to rise, then the second switch closes and switches the engine fan to full speed.

If this has stuck in the first stage closed position then the engine cooling fan will continually run at normal half speed, but will also switch on both condenser cooling fans at half speed as well.(without the ignition swiched on)

If it has stuck closed in the second position as well then this will energise relay K67 and switch engine cooling fan to full speed and assuming that the first stage switch has also remained stuck closed, then the condenser fans will also run.

The first thing I would do, is to remove the plug onto the thermostat.
If the fan stops, then it is the thermo switch, replace it.
If doing this does not stop the fan, remove relay K67 if the fan stops, suspect the relay contacts have welded together, check by looking or substitution, and DOUBLE CHECK you have the correct relay, as some of the relays are normally closed contacts. If the fan does not stop, then you have a wiring fault.

The only reason I can see for only one condenser fan running is that one is siezed or stiffer to turn than the other, or just maybe if with the fault and the engine cooling fan is on full speed, just the draught is turning the fan in front of it!!

The correct sequence of events is: Air con off, all fans stopped, engine temp rises to 95 deg + first stage of S88 (thermo switch) this energises relays K26 and K48 which starts engine cooling fan half speed through a resistor (mounted just below the battery tray) and air con cooling fans half speed. (in series through relay K52 which is normally closed)
If water temp continues to rise, second switch energises relay K67 which supplies full volts to engine cooling fan. This does not affect the air con fan speed.

The air con condenser fans are also started half speed (again in series through K52 normally closed) by switching on air con and energising relay K87 to supply them. They are switched to full speed by temp of refrigerant rising and closing S 128 (in compressor outlet pipe) energising relays K52 and K28.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how you get on.

I presume you cannot get any books etc for Omega where you are, so if you would like an English Haynes Omega service book, please PM me I would be happy to send you one.

Roger
Be patient ! Something else will go wrong for you to fix if you wait long enough !!

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2008, 23:53:36 »

i have changed thermo switch and that little one for the console, when i pull the plug out from the thermostat on the radiator nothing is changed. been checking the relays one by one (let the fans run and the one that stops fans i dismantle and check it, every one was ok) dont know now the number of relays bath if one switch fans off that means that i'm on right path and every one was ok, they ware not stuck. so relays ok thermo ok, climate of, engine cold bath they still run aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, what now. i assume that fans are at full speed cause they are making a lot of noise
« Last Edit: 10 May 2008, 23:55:35 by vrba »

markrl

• Intermediate Member
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2008, 00:06:18 »

There is a test socket in the fuse box by the battery for fault diagnoses. PM me and I will send you the diagram. Like everything on the Omega its a little complicated.

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2008, 08:29:51 »

can i test that at home some how or do i need to go to a shop?

Big_Roger

• Intermediate Member
  • Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 May 2008, 14:59:29 »

Hi,
If you have found the relay that when you pull it out it stops the fan, this must me the one that is feeding the fan (K67)and if it is OK when you look at it, then it must be receiving a feed to the coil to energise it to be switching the fan on. Is it being energised ??

The ground (-ve) to this relay coil comes from the thermo switch, so somewhere between the relay base and the thermo switch the wire must be connecting to the car body.

If you have a meter on continuity, check in the relay base for the ground (-ve) feed, to ground. with the plug off the thermo switch you should not have a connection. if you have then you will have to trace all along the path of the loom to the thermo switch to find where it is grounding.

The only problem I have with this is that with the ignition off, then K67 does not have a 12v +ve feed, so it is even more puzzling how it can be energising.

The only relays having a permanent 12v +ve feed are K87 and K48 Relay K48 also has a diode connection to the ground feed of the coil via a pressure switch on the air con compressor. Check for possible shorting of this diode in the relay, as this could then backfeed the -ve to a couple of relays.

Roger
Be patient ! Something else will go wrong for you to fix if you wait long enough !!

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 May 2008, 18:30:06 »

ok i will film the problem and fuzes, relays sittuaton and post it tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.