Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: front hood  (Read 759 times)

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
front hood
« on: 27 June 2009, 16:57:46 »

hi, i bought new hood couse i wrecked the old one and now i have a question, new is more rounded at the end, beneath the windsheeld screen and old was allmost flat, what's the diference?. here are the pictures

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
Re: front hood
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2009, 18:04:23 »

anyone??

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2009, 18:09:41 »

I could be very wrong, but that hood / bonnet looks very similar to the old Carlton/ Senator / Opel Omega A ones! :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

I am sure others will have a better explaination! ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 27 June 2009, 18:10:04 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2009, 18:09:42 »

From your pictures are it's not very clear what you are trying to say ... but the last photo's clearly show the windscreen washer jets on the bonnet (hood) ... so it's not a facelift one to me .. is this the one you want .. ie .. is it a prefacelift car you are fitting it to ??  or is it even the right vehicle ??

« Last Edit: 27 June 2009, 18:10:57 by entwood »

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2009, 18:10:59 »

From your pictures are it's not very clear what you are trying to say ... but the last photo's clearly show the windscreen washer jets on the bonnet (hood) ... so it looks like a pre-facelift one to me .. is this the one you want .. ie .. is it a prefacelift car you are fitting it to ??

Well his car is a 1997 model Entwood. ;) ;)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 June 2009, 18:14:22 »

From your pictures are it's not very clear what you are trying to say ... but the last photo's clearly show the windscreen washer jets on the bonnet (hood) ... so it looks like a pre-facelift one to me .. is this the one you want .. ie .. is it a prefacelift car you are fitting it to ??

True .. but is this a pre facelift , or mini face lift bonnet ???    if they changed ...  and as you say .. is it an Omega B bonnet even ??  It just looks totally wrong to me .. :(

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #6 on: 27 June 2009, 18:16:38 »

True .. but is this a pre facelift , or mini face lift bonnet ???    if they changed ...  and as you say .. is it an Omega B bonnet even ??  It just looks totally wrong to me .. :(

Indeed Entwood, and I just wonder if it is a bonnet from a Carlton / Senator / Opel Omega A that certainly I remember having that very pronounced lip over the wipers. :-/ :-/ :-/

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #7 on: 27 June 2009, 18:23:56 »

I have found this picture of the old Carlton, and although it may not be totally clear, it does show how the bonnet curves up steeply enough to cover the wipers just like the one in Vrba's pictures. ;) ;)

Obviously I realise someone is going to tell me I am barking up the wrong tree!! ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 27 June 2009, 18:25:31 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 June 2009, 18:37:45 »

I have found this picture of the old Carlton, and although it may not be totally clear, it does show how the bonnet curves up steeply enough to cover the wipers just like the one in Vrba's pictures. ;) ;)

Obviously I realise someone is going to tell me I am barking up the wrong tree!! ::) ::) ::) ::)

Methinks you have it in one ....  pronounced curve and washer jets on the bonnet .... he has an Omega A bonnet .... :)

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 June 2009, 19:01:26 »

the bonnet has that line just over the hedlights that goes over whole bonnet, just like mine. i have bring it home allready an put it on the car and then noticed that. washer jets are the same like mine but i'm confused now with looks of it. first pictures are old one and than it's new.

can someone put a picture (close up) from prefacelift car here

:-[

on 2. picture you can see clearly the small curve on old bonnet!
« Last Edit: 27 June 2009, 19:04:26 by vrba »

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 June 2009, 22:14:02 »

Where did you get the new bonnet?

Pattern parts (or parts not bought from main dealers) are often known to not fit very well. They may be made from different thickness steel, and so this can alter the shape of the panels. They are not as 'good' as original parts. If you sit an original panel and a pattern panel next to each other, you may see tiny, tiny differences.

A very strange problem, vrba!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

vrba

• Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 June 2009, 22:55:16 »

it's used part.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.