Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi Tool - Advice  (Read 3062 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Tool - Advice
« Reply #30 on: 29 October 2023, 18:46:10 »

Which is about all a Dyson is fit for. They are the perfect example of marketing over quality.  ::)
Are you saying Dysons suck  :-\

that's their job  :D

for sub £50 ,you can replace the motor, brush bar, belt , both filters in an hour on DC02 , DC04 ,DC07 or DC14

I don't know about the newer models  :-\ as my old ones WORK  ;D

I wouldn't by a battery "hoover" ,much like an electric car .I'd get "range anxiety"  :P

I only bought the Shark because the only Dysons available were cordless and thier call centre was usless.

Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 October 2023, 19:19:10 »

I only bought the Shark because the only Dysons available were cordless and thier call centre was usless.
It's to "save the planet" 
appliances must be low wattage ,so small motors , so cordless for convenience 

the fact is that the batteries die, the new "hoovers" have been designed to be non DIY serviceable  ,must get the newest one from the TV advert etc

so ,most will go to landfill once the warranty runs out

unlike a corded 20 year old Dyson that sucks  ;D

all adds to "global warming " which is nice  8) saves having to put the heating on  :P

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 October 2023, 20:48:00 »

Hoovers,, buy a Henry.  Look at Professional cleaners use, they won't use Dyson or Shark it's either a Henry or some German make.
Hoof'land storeman.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 October 2023, 09:27:48 »

Hoovers,, buy a Henry.  Look at Professional cleaners use, they won't use Dyson or Shark it's either a Henry or some German make.

Henry and the Numatic Range of wet/dry vacs was our choice when I had a valeting company in the 90s.  They were easily draged around in any direction, easy to empty and keep clean.

Only thing that ever went wrong was a burnt out motor that was easy to replace or the tools got damaned by one of the muppets. lads

The main thing is they were competivly priced.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 October 2023, 10:03:52 »

Henry and the Numatic Range of wet/dry vacs was our choice when I had a valeting company in the 90s.  They were easily draged around in any direction, easy to empty and keep clean.

Only thing that ever went wrong was a burnt out motor that was easy to replace or the tools got damaned by one of the muppets. lads

The main thing is they were competivly priced.

Made in England as well!  :y

Unlike other brands they haven't outsourced their manufacturing to China. The Numatic factory is in Chard, Somerset.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 October 2023, 10:19:05 »

Henrys have their place  :)
but they are drag along , so no rotating brush bar for carpet,ok for hard floors.
 bags are a faf and suction is reduced when bags clog,
motors are twice the price of Dyson Chinesium ones,
you can get new motor brushes for Henry and Dyson ,
 but lets be honest, who remembers to replace motor brushes before the motor is doing a "toasty Tesla impression" ?  :P

Why my interest in "hoovers"  :-\  I make a mess, dust etc  :P
I have to clean up said mess .
i've learnt NOT to use anyone else's "hoover" ,you end up having to fix or replace it  :-X

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 October 2023, 11:07:40 »

Henrys have their place  :)
but they are drag along , so no rotating brush bar for carpet,ok for hard floors.
 bags are a faf and suction is reduced when bags clog,
motors are twice the price of Dyson Chinesium ones,
you can get new motor brushes for Henry and Dyson ,
 but lets be honest, who remembers to replace motor brushes before the motor is doing a "toasty Tesla impression" ?  :P

Why my interest in "hoovers"  :-\  I make a mess, dust etc  :P
I have to clean up said mess .
i've learnt NOT to use anyone else's "hoover" ,you end up having to fix or replace it  :-X
My Henry has several tools, including a very powerful brush bar. Bags never clog if changed in time. As I said earlier, it will pick up anything, including stones and leaves.
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 October 2023, 11:46:55 »

We found that Henrys were the only cleaners the window fitters didn't destroy in minutes. The preferred method for the ones that were, was falling out the back of the van on the way home from the job ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 October 2023, 12:43:35 »

And if you're buying Henry's that require bags, then you're clearly buying the wrong model.

A proper Henry is simply tipped out to empty filled by a wipe out if required. The filter simply gets the dust knocked off it and if you're feeling particularly posh you can wash it once a month. >:D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30 October 2023, 13:29:10 »

Which is about all a Dyson is fit for. They are the perfect example of marketing over quality.  ::)
There is a perfectly good reason why tool hire shops hire out Dyson vacuums.  And it ain't marketing ;)
Kick backs, tax write offs and consumer preference based on, er, marketing  ::)
Or, from the horses mouth, reliability, durability, repairability and ready availability of parts when a tradesman reverses over it with their van...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 October 2023, 13:31:41 »

Oh, and most importantly, performance.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30 October 2023, 13:38:26 »

I have a pair of battery Dysons as well, both V8's. Despite my initial reservations before getting them, I have to say they do work for day to day vacuuming.  Given the amount of dust we get here, I have a vacuum out round some part of the house daily.

But we still have the corded vacuums for those days when you move the furniture and clean properly.

The batteries on the V8 are "almost good enough", and last about 20 mins on normal setting with a motorised brush bar.  Or about 15m on max mode with a crevice tool.  Which is usually good enough to do a quick vacuum of entire house, or vac the car.

The battery inevitably fails after 3 or 4 years (not bad, seeing ours live on their charging docks), but there are plenty of chinky replacements for £25, and they are easy to change, like most Dyson parts.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 30 October 2023, 14:45:12 »

And if you're buying Henry's that require bags, then you're clearly buying the wrong model.

A proper Henry is simply tipped out to empty filled by a wipe out if required. The filter simply gets the dust knocked off it and if you're feeling particularly posh you can wash it once a month. >:D
Oh do be quiet, Biggles  ;D
Diesel till I die

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 30 October 2023, 14:52:06 »

Dysan motor to clutch belt deffo needs sorting, just a large piece of junk sat in the corner at the moment but a far better vac the Shark that was going to replace it. :-\
well worth keeping a CORDED Dyson going  :y
parts are east to get ,and relatively easy to replace

Unlike the Shark offerings , no parts available and deliberately designed to stop DIY repair  :(

i've still got 2 DC03s ,2 DC04s ,1 DC07 (20 years old ,still sucks like a $5 hooker)   and 2 DC14s

I should really replace the cable on ours .... the outer insulation is split in places, especially the bits that continually get wrapped around the cable tidy bits.

I's on my ''to-do'' list  ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 30 October 2023, 14:53:45 »

I have a pair of battery Dysons as well, both V8's. Despite my initial reservations before getting them, I have to say they do work for day to day vacuuming.  Given the amount of dust we get here, I have a vacuum out round some part of the house daily.

But we still have the corded vacuums for those days when you move the furniture and clean properly.

The batteries on the V8 are "almost good enough", and last about 20 mins on normal setting with a motorised brush bar.  Or about 15m on max mode with a crevice tool.  Which is usually good enough to do a quick vacuum of entire house, or vac the car.

The battery inevitably fails after 3 or 4 years (not bad, seeing ours live on their charging docks), but there are plenty of chinky replacements for £25, and they are easy to change, like most Dyson parts.
Move the furniture? I do that when we get a new carpet.
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.