Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've got a 2.5 V6 at last.... Thanks to Loo-knee!  (Read 1291 times)

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
I've got a 2.5 V6 at last.... Thanks to Loo-knee!
« on: 14 February 2010, 21:25:22 »

I have been looking for an estate to carry our new dog(Greyhound) around. He takes up the back seat so its difficult to carry anyone else.

I have been looking and with some advice from Loo-knee(Daz) I bought an R reg 2.5 Gold Estate Tourer.

The thing that put me off was that the oil cooler had gone and of course it would need the obligatory cam belt followers and water pump  but Daz said this wasn't a problem. It was towed to his lock up and work proceeded.....

I bought a new oil cooler and bits and Daz proceeded to fit it. At the same time he gave me a lesson in what to keep clean and what to lookout for being as I have not had a V6 before.
He put it all back together and asked me to top up the water while he changed the oil and filter.
He came out spluttering and dripping calling me lots of unprintable names - the water was coming straight out and all over him. (Sorry Daz, it wasn't me honest!)

I had to go home and Daz went home to dry out.

I assumed the worst, almost crying at what this (cheap) car was costing. The next thing was possible head gasket(Oh hell more money!) I spoke to the wife and she nearly started crying as well and said I thought you said it was a good car!

It turned out after investigating further that the thermostat housing had cracked and a core plug at the back of the head had come out! It put me in the clear with regards to soaking Daz! but meant he had to deal with the "B" bolt.
I phoned him later and he was not a happy bunny, so I assume the bolt had lived up to its name.

After changing the thermostat housing and sorting the core plug he refilled the water and pressurised the water system - Hurray no leaks!

He put the rest together and put the battery on to start it - cough cough splutter backfire it did them all! :o :o

Daz looked at me, I looked at Daz and there was a deathly silence.... :'( :( once the engine was turned off!

What next? Dis pack of course...

This has now been replaced, along with the spark plugs while it was stripped down.
I turned the key and ahhhhhhhh bliss!!!!
The engine was sweet! :y :y

I can not praise Daz highly enough for his work on my car. All the work was done to a high standard and I would recommend him to anyone needing help (PS he's a lot cheaper than Vauxhall!!!). He knew the engine inside out without having to think about it.

There was one downside though - Rick Astley songs are fairly ok but the way Daz sings them brings on a new way of singing!
I don't think there will be a copywrite problem though  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Daz, but this does mean I'll be back!
best wishes
Simon.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
Re: I've got a 2.5 V6 at last.... Thanks to Loo-knee!
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2010, 21:43:50 »

Well Done that Man!, his reputation goes before him, cos it's too big to carry :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2010, 00:42:38 »

Thanks for that Simon, we got it sorted in the end :y
Like you have said Oil Cooler, Cambelt, Water pump, thermostat have been replaced (the followers are fine and know need to have been touched ;)) which are the main jobs really on a V6....
Dispack and plugs changed so your car has had a new lease of life :y
It ticks over lovely, exactly how it should :y plus one of my favourite colours :y

Pictures needed when you have some :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Kai

• Intermediate Member
  • Oxordshire
  • Just useless
    • Omega elite 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2010, 01:10:08 »

Well done Daz  :)
Guess I just couldn't stay away for the fourth time....

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2010, 09:41:12 »

I have been looking for an estate to carry our new dog(Greyhound) around. He takes up the back seat so its difficult to carry anyone else.

I have been looking and with some advice from Loo-knee(Daz) I bought an R reg 2.5 Gold Estate Tourer.

The thing that put me off was that the oil cooler had gone and of course it would need the obligatory cam belt followers and water pump  but Daz said this wasn't a problem. It was towed to his lock up and work proceeded.....

I bought a new oil cooler and bits and Daz proceeded to fit it. At the same time he gave me a lesson in what to keep clean and what to lookout for being as I have not had a V6 before.
He put it all back together and asked me to top up the water while he changed the oil and filter.
He came out spluttering and dripping calling me lots of unprintable names - the water was coming straight out and all over him. (Sorry Daz, it wasn't me honest!)

I had to go home and Daz went home to dry out.

I assumed the worst, almost crying at what this (cheap) car was costing. The next thing was possible head gasket(Oh hell more money!) I spoke to the wife and she nearly started crying as well and said I thought you said it was a good car!

It turned out after investigating further that the thermostat housing had cracked and a core plug at the back of the head had come out! It put me in the clear with regards to soaking Daz! but meant he had to deal with the "B" bolt.
I phoned him later and he was not a happy bunny, so I assume the bolt had lived up to its name.

After changing the thermostat housing and sorting the core plug he refilled the water and pressurised the water system - Hurray no leaks!

He put the rest together and put the battery on to start it - cough cough splutter backfire it did them all! :o :o

Daz looked at me, I looked at Daz and there was a deathly silence.... :'( :( once the engine was turned off!

What next? Dis pack of course...

This has now been replaced, along with the spark plugs while it was stripped down.
I turned the key and ahhhhhhhh bliss!!!!
The engine was sweet! :y :y

I can not praise Daz highly enough for his work on my car. All the work was done to a high standard and I would recommend him to anyone needing help (PS he's a lot cheaper than Vauxhall!!!). He knew the engine inside out without having to think about it.

There was one downside though - Rick Astley songs are fairly ok but the way Daz sings them brings on a new way of singing!
I don't think there will be a copywrite problem though  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Daz, but this does mean I'll be back!

Happy motoring to you!

Core plug. That is a new one. I wonder if that is what is wrong with mine!!

varche
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 February 2010, 11:52:24 »

I believe Jimbob had problems with a core plug...
Grumpy old man

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 February 2010, 12:05:06 »

A cracked thermostat housing and duff core plug would suggest to me weak or old antifreeze.
Retired

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 February 2010, 12:28:18 »

Well done :y  Daz
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 February 2010, 12:51:38 »

A cracked thermostat housing and duff core plug would suggest to me weak or old antifreeze.

It would sudgest to me no antifreeze and the coolant froze!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 February 2010, 12:52:10 »

I believe Jimbob had problems with a core plug...

Yes, rotted through on the edge

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 February 2010, 12:52:19 »

Aye, just because he prefers boys to girls, that doesn't make him bad. In fact, he's a good ol' bean really.

Shame about the singing though...
Grumpy old man

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 February 2010, 00:34:49 »

There is nothing wrong with Rick "The God" Astley...

Anyway come on Simon get some pictures taken of your new baby :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.