Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 03 ELITE DTI, not sure what to do  (Read 1188 times)

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
03 ELITE DTI, not sure what to do
« on: 28 February 2010, 22:36:06 »

As some of you know i have an 03 ELITE 2.2DTI saloon in silver with black leather which the tale end of last year had new engine fitted with turbo and has full service history plus all the toys even dark tinted windows and auto wipers, auto dip mirror with mood light.
Now on friday it got hit in the front and is now needing bonnet, bumper with support, both xenon headlights and a little bit of work to the near side front panel. Now it was light enough not to loose any water and i'm still driving it about but bacause it has done 196,000 miles and even with the fact that the engine that is in her now has not even done 100,000 miles it looks like it will be a write off. What i'm trying to guage is would any members want to buy it to put back on the road and if so what sort of money would they look to pay or would i be better breaking it up and selling the parts on here. Your thought's would be very welcome, thanks :y
Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
Re: 03 ELITE DTI, not sure what to do
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2010, 22:40:30 »

If you did decide to break, I'd definitely have the wheels, and the full interior...all of it from carpets to seats, wood trim, rear view mirror...actually I may even buy the whole thing so I can just take parts I need whenever. But I would be very interested  :y

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2010, 22:53:17 »

If you did decide to break, I'd definitely have the wheels, and the full interior...all of it from carpets to seats, wood trim, rear view mirror...actually I may even buy the whole thing so I can just take parts I need whenever. But I would be very interested  :y

Cool, i will keep you updated. I would break myself if i could get enough interest in it but it really has to be worth it for me as i have a baby who is now 7 weeks old and with working and her i would have very little time to be breaking a car and selling the bits. Just to give you abit more info about the car it had just over £2000 spent on her end of last year and flew though her mot last month, it also has bose, rear blind, rear spoiler etc. :y
Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2010, 23:07:09 »

Buying back from insurance write off, with the intention of repairing, is IMHO a very risky act .... the ONLY time it is worthwhile is if you intend to keep the car until it is "retired" .....   resale values of insurance write-offs are virtually non-existent.

Breaking will not get you back what you have spent, but if the third party pays up, the "profit" from a buy-back then breakup might actualy get closer to covering your costs.

The other option is to fight the 3rd party insurers as you have no "market value" agrement with them. They are required to put you in the position you were just before the incident ...   can be a long fight but you might just win ??? 

This assumes that the 3rd party was responsible of course ....  if you were .. then all bets is off .. :(

Just my thoughts .... nowt else .. :)
« Last Edit: 28 February 2010, 23:07:54 by entwood »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2010, 11:49:08 »

Buying back from insurance write off, with the intention of repairing, is IMHO a very risky act .... the ONLY time it is worthwhile is if you intend to keep the car until it is "retired" .....   resale values of insurance write-offs are virtually non-existent.

Breaking will not get you back what you have spent, but if the third party pays up, the "profit" from a buy-back then breakup might actualy get closer to covering your costs.

The other option is to fight the 3rd party insurers as you have no "market value" agrement with them. They are required to put you in the position you were just before the incident ...   can be a long fight but you might just win ??? 

This assumes that the 3rd party was responsible of course ....  if you were .. then all bets is off .. :(

Just my thoughts .... nowt else .. :)
Frontal damage usually implies not 3rd party fault  :'(
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 March 2010, 12:53:49 »

If it's Z157 Star Silver III i'd be interested in various body panels and possibly some other bits.

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 March 2010, 13:46:59 »

If it's Z157 Star Silver III i'd be interested in various body panels and possibly some other bits.

It is Z157 Star silver III. I would also just like to add that is has rear parking sensors and a half leather/wood steering wheel which has not seen that much use as it was in my 3.0.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 March 2010, 15:04:40 »

It is Z157 Star silver III. I would also just like to add that is has rear parking sensors and a half leather/wood steering wheel which has not seen that much use as it was in my 3.0.

Also interested in the steering wheel as well then!  :)

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 March 2010, 21:13:17 »

This omega 2.2 DTI elite is now going to be broken up for parts. I'm just waiting for the green light from the insurance company which should be tomorrow or monday. I will be posting in the parts section but i think the leather, wheels and steering wheel is sold :)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 March 2010, 16:51:46 »

Interested in boot spoiler, or complete boot lid as it`s my colour :y
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.