Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water ingress  (Read 431 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Water ingress
« on: 24 March 2011, 16:20:26 »

I've just washed the car for the first time this year. I noticed that the water runs down the screen and then  into the engine bay via the wiper spindle. It then drips all over my newly fitted 135 coil pack.....soaking everything.... :-/ :-/

Is this a common fault?.......What is the best way to make the engine bay water-tight? ...The seal around the wiper spindle seems piss poor to me. Would silicone sealant cure the leak?

Thanks in advance..... :y

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: Water ingress
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2011, 16:25:24 »

I've just washed the car for the first time this year. I noticed that the water runs down the screen and then  into the engine bay via the wiper spindle. It then drips all over my newly fitted 135 coil pack.....soaking everything.... :-/ :-/

Is this a common fault?.......What is the best way to make the engine bay water-tight? ...The seal around the wiper spindle seems piss poor to me. Would silicone sealant cure the leak?

Thanks in advance..... :y

I think it may be Opti, as I have seen two facelifts with coil packs that have evidence of water coming down on top of the engine and then finding its way into the spark plug compartments even though in theory the rubber seals should stop that happening!  I take it you have brown / orange water staining around the plug connector rubbers? ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2011, 21:20:16 »

Is this a common fault?
yes. :'(

The seal around the wiper spindle seems piss poor to me
yes >:(

Would silicone sealant cure the leak?
yes  :y (probably...) also a bead along the scuttle join just to be sure.

Remember to check the drains at either end of the scuttle so the water has somewhere else to go.

HTH,

Al. :y

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2011, 09:57:06 »

I made up some new sponge rubber gaskets to put under the scuttle cover  around the wiper spindles 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.