Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Second jab  (Read 3716 times)

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
Re: Second jab
« Reply #30 on: 17 April 2021, 06:16:13 »

Caught a bit on the news this morning from another Covid "expert" , reading between the lines I reckon we'll be in lockdown again by July. Stay safe Steve.

My wife's sister is an expert in Catostrophising (Is that a word?) And also has an old nursing friend who is quite senior inn a London hospital.
Who told her that they are preparing forv a potential wave of cases in July.
Now personally I think that information should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Preparing for something which potentially may or may not happen is something we all do on a daily basis.
I'm payingbinto a pension, whilst paying out for life insurance. I've got a fire blanket in my kitchen and a fire extinguisher and smoke alarms on every floor. I have a first aid kit. Prepared. It not the same as actually going to happen.

Anyway, I haven't got a date for my second jab. Ecpectingba text in 2 or 3 weeks. I do need to go into the office. My client suggested this yesterday. Maybe one day a fortnight ? I'm sure It will be fine.......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 April 2021, 08:03:48 »

If your time's up that's it you can't change your place in the queue, no amount of preparation is going to alter that.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17 April 2021, 11:48:12 »

Who told her that they are preparing for a potential wave of cases in July.
And so they should.  As you said in the rest of your post, its common sense to plan for disasters that reasonably could happen.

Unfortunately, the media like to pick up on it and say the authorities are preparing for XYZ, and the thick public then immediately see that as a dead cert it will.
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 April 2021, 11:54:49 »

Who told her that they are preparing for a potential wave of cases in July.
And so they should.  As you said in the rest of your post, its common sense to plan for disasters that reasonably could happen.

Unfortunately, the media like to pick up on it and say the authorities are preparing for XYZ, and the thick public then immediately see that as a dead cert it will.

The end of July is six weeks after the current planned end of lockdown restrictions. The last two produced a spike in new cases, why would this be any different? Planning for it is a sensible, realistic use of existing data which is what it is for. I suspect the current phased reduction of lockdown is not only chosen for political reasons, but to mask such a spike in the numbers. Although that will only fool the general public who have no idea how statistics actually work.

It will be interesting to see how big a the vaccine program makes.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 April 2021, 16:09:42 »

Had my second Pfizer jab on Thursday. Had a sore arm overnight Thurs but nothing else since then....so far.  :D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17 April 2021, 16:52:42 »

Got my 2nd Astra Zenca on Tuesday. :y
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.