Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: -96 Omega ECC goes blank when accelerating  (Read 949 times)

rmk

• Turku, Finland
    • View Profile
-96 Omega ECC goes blank when accelerating
« on: 26 October 2010, 15:38:12 »

Hello all! First post yay! Been reading these forums a while but made my account today as I'm hoping some of you could help me with this strange problem I ran into..  ;)

Okey so I noticed this first time about week ago. It only happened 2-3 times and was fine after my car stood 4h. At this time I didn't realise what did this. Now It's been happening every time I press gas more than halfway (but not to kickdown anyway).

So what does the car do then? Whole climate control panel goes blank the whole time I'm accelerating. Also I think it starts to blow full speed. Atleast it sounds like it. When I start to release my gas to just maintain speed, the control is back in game, but forgot the settings and goes to Auto and 23c. One time it started to rapidly just blink and goes off and on when I was parked. The car stood over night and at morning it was OK again for a while. After I parked today it did not do this, just acted normal.

I've tried to change the 13 or was it 14 fuse, 20A and should control the ECC? Also cleaned the battery terminals and sprayed some spray meant for battery poles. Then I reseted the controller by pressing Auto and Off keys for 5sec. Didn't help a bit. :(

The car is Opel Omega -96 2.5L automatic with automatic AC. Any help is appreciated!

Kneepad

• Omega Knight
  • West Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: -96 Omega ECC goes blank when accelerating
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2010, 20:43:52 »

Hello rmk, welcome to the forum.   :y
Strange problem indeed, and not sure, but would begin by removing the controller and spraying a little amount of switch cleaner onto the contacts.

There may be someone who has experienced this before and will be along in a minute or so.

Welung666

« Reply #2 on: 26 October 2010, 20:56:25 »

Check the black plug is fully home on the back of the CC panel :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2010, 08:24:00 »

Welcome to OOF mate  :y

Odd one this - suspect bad connection somewhere.
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

rmk

• Turku, Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2010, 14:38:34 »

Thanks for answers! I'll try to rip the controller off friday or saturday when I have time.. :)

One more thing I noticed today. If you drive really carefully, it works OK. I drove from work, 65km, and it did not reset once. But as soon as you press gas little more it resets. When I got to my parking slot I tried with gear on neutral. If you press gently gas pedal, you can rev up to 5k withouth any problem. But if you quickly tap gas pedal, it resets immediately. Even though revs goes only up to around 2k.

Very strange problem indeed..  :D

rmk

• Turku, Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 October 2010, 10:33:25 »

Okay so today I took the whole panel off, opened the plastic covers and blow all dust etc away. Then I cleaned the black and yellow connectors that goes to panel and put all back. And no chance.  :'(

One thing I noticed though, I'm pretty sure it works when car is cold. It was on park for 6h and after I left from work I thought it was working since it didn't reset. But after 30km I pressed gas to kickdown from 80km/h and tada, panel goes blank. And when I got home it did reset when I was revving up on neutral gear. :(

So some controller unit broke? Or any more suggestions? Is there some box for ECC or is all the intelligence on panel?

Hope I'll find the solution, it's getting cold in here and I want fully working heater for winter!  :y

Kneepad

• Omega Knight
  • West Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 October 2010, 10:58:06 »

I wonder, if the throttle position sensor is linked in to the circuit somewhere.   :-/
Hopefully one of the electronic wizards will know this and if it could have an effect.
« Last Edit: 29 October 2010, 10:58:23 by Kneepad »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.