Author Topic: hermes  (Read 3363 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
hermes
« on: 28 January 2021, 22:29:29 »

another hermes complaint. ordered an item from Amazon & initially was emailed with a delivery date of Sunday 24th . that never happened & was changed to Monday 25th . tracking shows my purchase arrived at my local depot in the early hours of the 25th but it wasn,t delivered . since that date the tracking message says " We have your parcel but there is a delay & we aim to get it moving within 24 hours. it now as I post 93 hours. the frustrating thing there is no way of speaking to a human.  >:( >:(

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: hermes
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2021, 23:17:59 »

I have used Hermes for years with absolutely no complaints. Their service has always been second to none.
For example - I recently sold some large classic car trim parts for which I booked two 2.3 kg parcels on the Friday evening for delivery from Lancashire to Devon. Dropped them off on the Saturday at the drop off point, and Monday morning they were delivered in Devon, with the buyer contacting me confirming their delivery. Booked standard delivery, no additional insurance or frills.
I've used them for parts to members on here with fast delivery usually within 2 days. Always been excellent - far superior and quicker service than Royal Mail and definitely way better than Parcelforce.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2021, 23:42:16 »

another hermes complaint. ordered an item from Amazon & initially was emailed with a delivery date of Sunday 24th . that never happened & was changed to Monday 25th . tracking shows my purchase arrived at my local depot in the early hours of the 25th but it wasn,t delivered . since that date the tracking message says " We have your parcel but there is a delay & we aim to get it moving within 24 hours. it now as I post 93 hours. the frustrating thing there is no way of speaking to a human.  >:( >:(
That's what you get when a self proclaimed delivery company uses a third party to deliver its products. You can't entirely blame Hermes if they're being used by Amazon as an excuse for their own inability to meet their contractual obligations.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2021, 06:43:11 »

Marketplace sellers? They use their own courier.
Diesel till I die

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2021, 08:03:46 »

are they not all as bad/good as each other?
My daughter ordered a bathroom suite for her 'new' house, the courier was DHL. They were delivering to a terraced house in a northern mill town so they arrived in a wagon that turned out to be too big to get up the street. So while at the bottom of the street suggested that my daughter collected it in her car & take it to her front door herself (obviously didn't want to carry it in the pissing rain) :-X. Bathroom place wouldn't allow her to collect it herself & DHL could only deliver a week later despite their opps up. Following week her delivery time was between 7 & 11 am, she tracked the delivery until 7:20 at which time she then got a message to say that they were sorry but they were unable to complete the delivery  :-\. An hour later after various phone calls it turns out that that her bathroom had not actually been loaded and it looked like it wasn't being delivered that day.  Then she got a call to say, that as it was going to arrive on a smaller vehicle,  the bathroom was coming from Skem and would be arriving that day .... which it eventually did. Left hand ... right hand springs to mind.

Yesterday, she got an email to say that her bathroom would be arriving this week!!!!  ??? ??? ???

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2021, 08:26:07 »

Our deliveries from Herpes are usually very good with no issues.

Stuff I've sent out in the last 12 months via Herpes have all had (minor) delays - ie, so Next Day tends to be 2 days.
Grumpy old man

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2021, 08:33:57 »

That's what you get when a self proclaimed delivery company uses a third party to deliver its products. You can't entirely blame Hermes if they're being used by Amazon as an excuse for their own inability to meet their contractual obligations.
  hermes has had my package at their local depot since 06.27 Monday 25th. this morning i am still getting " We will have your parcel moving within 24 hours,"    and it isn,t  the chatline is a waste of time too, cannot speak to anybody.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2021, 10:13:29 »

Not necessarily true. Amazon will have said that they have handed over to relieve themselves of the responsibility whether Hermea actually have it or not.

But I refer you to my post a few days ago regarding snoe and flooding, not to mention staffing issues brought aboit by the Chinese Virus. Even if they have it they cannot deliver it if they don't have the ability to.

Of course, rather than moaning to the interweb about it, you could be proactive and go and get it :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2021, 11:18:13 »

We seem to get the same delivery guy no matter who or what we order from, Eastern European very polite & amiable because we've ordered so much during the lockdowns I gave him a bottle of Whisky & £20 at Christmas seemed as pleased as punch.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 January 2021, 11:53:49 »

We seem to get the same delivery guy no matter who or what we order from, Eastern European very polite & amiable because we've ordered so much during the lockdowns I gave him a bottle of Whisky & £20 at Christmas seemed as pleased as punch.
I'll bet he was.  :o
I gave our postie a card out of a 10 for £1 box and an Asda mince pie. Thell get what thees given and be thankful for it.  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 January 2021, 12:18:25 »

Asda mince pie? Bloody luxury......... ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 January 2021, 13:09:58 »

I gave the postie £30 for Christmas. He is always polite and calls me sir. :y

I gave the bin men £5 between them because they seem unable to leave the bin in an upright position once emptied. They grunted their appreciation. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 January 2021, 14:44:11 »

Our postie is an useless, arrogant ltttle dickhead. Wouldnt give him the steam of my piss.
As for the binmen who scatter the contents of the bins all over the road every week. Wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 January 2021, 16:09:46 »

Silly me ,I thought such service staff got paid to do their job by the council ,post office etc  ???

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 January 2021, 16:17:11 »

For a few days a month, we have a nice postie. She's a proper hottie.  The 2 other usual guys are polite and decent chaps as well, but the hottie definitely has better knockers.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.