Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boris and easing lockdown  (Read 1651 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Boris and easing lockdown
« on: 21 February 2021, 19:27:25 »

The world, well maybe just Europe, will be watching Boris and Britain over the coming weeks.

Easy to go into lockdown not so easy to come out.

Britain has a head  start after the spectacular success of its vaccination programme ( a clear demo of the advantage of Sovereignty!).  Israel has a good head start too.

I wonder how it will pan out?  We have Easter to come unless governments “ cancel “ it.

Vaccination passports are still very much under consideration.    Also known as Common Pass.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Boris and easing lockdown
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2021, 19:32:23 »

( a clear demo of the advantage of Sovereignty!)
What complete utter 'dangle berries'.  Each European country is in charge of its own rollout.  Don't believe the crap you read on Arsebook, the Cancer of the modern society.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2021, 19:34:17 »

I thought the EU already had freedom of movement  ::)

Doesn't look like the Balearics or Canaries will be getting many visitors at Easter :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2021, 20:31:59 »

What complete utter 'dangle berries'.  Each European country is in charge of its own rollout. Don't believe the crap you read on Arsebook, the Cancer of the modern society.

Maybe so, but they had to wait for the EU to procure and approve the vaccines, and as we all know that's been a complete and utter clusteropps!  ::)  :(

Hungary is the only country that has broken ranks, ordering and approving the Russians Sputnik V and I believe they are looking at China's SinoVac as well. Good for them!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2021, 20:58:27 »

What complete utter 'dangle berries'.  Each European country is in charge of its own rollout.  Don't believe the crap you read on Arsebook, the Cancer of the modern society.

See Tiggers response to your absolute dangleberries. If Britain had still been in the Eu hardly any Brits would have been vaccinated by now. Maybe 2 million if you were lucky. Clear example of nimbleness that the EU lacks. Dont believe the crap you read on Facebook.....
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2021, 21:18:30 »

See Tiggers response to your absolute dangleberries. If Britain had still been in the Eu hardly any Brits would have been vaccinated by now. Maybe 2 million if you were lucky. Clear example of nimbleness that the EU lacks. Dont believe the crap you read on Facebook.....
Actually, we didn't completely escape until December 31st... ie after our first vaccine was signed off.

You don't have to go back too many weeks to see how euroland responded to that reality ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2021, 21:37:06 »

The EU commission took it upon the themselves to hijack the procurement process from the member states (they arent countries) because they arrogantly thought they could make themselves look like heroes.
They then permitted the member states to organise the rollout in their own state, once the commission has purchased the vaccines.
As we all know, it proved beyond doubt that they couldnt run a car boot stall, never mind half a continent.  ::)
Even the BBC couldnt think of a way to defend them this time.  ;D

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210206-how-the-eu-s-covid-19-vaccine-rollout-became-an-advert-for-brexit

https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/27/covid-19-vaccine-row-how-reliant-is-the-eu-on-supplies-from-astrazeneca

Many other sources for this if you want to look for them.  ;)

Edit. Just seen Sir Tiggers post.  ;D
« Last Edit: 21 February 2021, 21:39:45 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2021, 11:03:35 »

I repeat, complete utter 'dangle berries'.

The UK has always had its own body approving vaccines - MHRA and its forerunners - and so on.

Whether being in or out of Europe is a good thing is a seperate debate that we've had many times before, and isn't relevant here.

Just spouting that the UK wouldn't be vaccinating anyone if we were still in Europe is pointless.  I could spout that since we left Europe, our GDP has decimated itself, which is an equally pointless statement, even though it would be factually "correct"
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 February 2021, 19:11:28 »

We will just have to agree to disagree. I still stand by Britain would have been waiting for Brussells to procure if still n the EU and thus  would have been only about 2 million vaccinated  down the road. Lots of EU countries have their own vaccine approval bodies. Sadly some of the EU ‘s larger countries politicised the vaccines.

Anyway back on the subject of easing lockdowns. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. I couldnt see anything on international travel? Maybe the UK home staycation websites will be crashing about now with folk booking summer breaks.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 February 2021, 19:29:54 »

You clearly read the details on the .gov website like Bozzle said in his opening statement. Not ::)

But to answer your question, June. Presuming that everwhere else that we might travel to is open to the concept of allowing visitors.

Edited for smelling... 'else' doesn't have an 'o' in it :D
« Last Edit: 22 February 2021, 19:44:58 by Doctor Gollum »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 February 2021, 20:04:04 »

Boris has spoken. I have booked a week in a cottage in Kirkbymoorside, N Yorks, for the first week in August. Most stuff was booked already and the site was very slow, I reckon leaving it till the weekend to bookwould be too late.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 February 2021, 20:13:07 »

I said on another thread that STAY-cation will be big this year .
will you get your money back if your break can't happen due to lockdown 6 Uncle Stemo  :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 February 2021, 20:32:09 »

will you get your money back if your break can't happen due to lockdown 6 Uncle Stemo  :-\
Yes, there is a large banner on the top of every page saying so. I also have travel insurance with my packaged bank account.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 February 2021, 20:40:28 »

Yes, there is a large banner on the top of every page saying so. I also have travel insurance with my packaged bank account.
excellent then  :)
you can't loose  :y

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 February 2021, 21:02:50 »

Or lose even. ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 22 February 2021, 21:11:36 »

Or lose even. ;)
that too  :-[

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 February 2021, 21:21:51 »

Or lose even. ;)
that too  :-[

;D :y
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.