Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mr Potato Head...  (Read 2676 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Mr Potato Head...
« Reply #30 on: 28 February 2021, 14:27:50 »

Or , they are using the current WOKE debate to publicise Mr Potato head and succeeding very well 

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 February 2021, 14:34:23 »

Or , they are using the current WOKE debate to publicise Mr Potato head and succeeding very well

Indeed, and good on them then. It's a fun toy that I certainly had as a child.

For the future, as a separate product line . . . . Cross Dressing or Trans Gender Potato Head? Remember you heard it here first   ;) ;D
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 February 2021, 14:43:00 »

Not strictly true. The manufacturers Hasbro have stated that the name of the toy will simply be Potato Head with no "Mr", however the characters will remain Mr & Mrs. So a slight nod to PC-ness but not really so dramatic. Mr & Mrs Potato Head have been around for some time. It really is just a very minor brand adjustment.

Which is what the video I linked to said  ;)

Sorry, missed it

But happy to re-emphasize the point that there has been quite an anti-PC pile-on about quite a trivial matter that is well explained in the video. There is a danger that some will see excessive wokeism where little or none exists. In this case the toy now includes lots of different Potato Heads, so they removed the very specific "Mr". As a purely commercial business decision, this makes complete sense to me, and I am certainly not one of the woke gender neutral loony left.

But why? Please explain. :)

Exactly what is wrong with the term Mr and Mrs?...99% of adult people are either a Mr or a Mrs. Every letter (bill) I receive starts with the word Mr. :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 February 2021, 14:43:02 »

Indeed, and good on them then. It's a fun toy that I certainly had as a child.

For the future, as a separate product line . . . . Cross Dressing or Trans Gender Potato Head? Remember you heard it here first   ;) ;D
I did too, but you had to use your own potato.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 February 2021, 14:45:58 »

It is of no importance to people my age, or to anyone really.
Diesel till I die

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 February 2021, 14:48:04 »

Not strictly true. The manufacturers Hasbro have stated that the name of the toy will simply be Potato Head with no "Mr", however the characters will remain Mr & Mrs. So a slight nod to PC-ness but not really so dramatic. Mr & Mrs Potato Head have been around for some time. It really is just a very minor brand adjustment.

Sorry, missed it

But happy to re-emphasize the point that there has been quite an anti-PC pile-on about quite a trivial matter that is well explained in the video. There is a danger that some will see excessive wokeism where little or none exists. In this case the toy now includes lots of different Potato Heads, so they removed the very specific "Mr". As a purely commercial business decision, this makes complete sense to me, and I am certainly not one of the woke gender neutral loony left.

Exactly what is wrong with the term Mr and Mrs?...99% of adult people are either a Mr or a Mrs. Every letter (bill) I receive starts with the word Mr. :)

They have NOT changed Mr or Mrs.

They have simply changed the name on the box to Potato Head instead of Mr Potato Head. Mr and Mrs, along with uncles, Aunts and others still exist as individual characters inside the box.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 February 2021, 14:51:40 »

As a child's toy Mr Potato head is unimportant in the great scheme of things, but if it leads ( as seems to be the direction of travel) to everything being gender neutral/fluid rather than gender specific in future, then we are going down a dangerous path.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28 February 2021, 14:55:21 »

As a child's toy Mr Potato head is unimportant in the great scheme of things, but if it leads ( as seems to be the direction of travel) to everything being gender neutral/fluid rather than gender specific in future, then we are going down a dangerous path.
Like I said, it doesn't matter at your age. Leave it to the youngsters.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28 February 2021, 14:56:13 »

Sorry, missed it

They have NOT changed Mr or Mrs.

They have simply changed the name on the box to Potato Head instead of Mr Potato Head. Mr and Mrs, along with uncles, Aunts and others still exist as individual characters inside the box.

Yes, I know......and my question was why the need to do so.

I think Sir Tigger summed it up when he said the 'adjustment' will be seized upon by the world of woke as a step toward a better world. Gawd help us... ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 28 February 2021, 15:11:53 »

Some within the 'trans' community dislike the word woman to such an extent that......... ;D ;D

Still, I sure 'real women' won't mind. ::)

JK Rowling got into trouble for saying there was a word for people who had periods. .....and that word was woman. She got such a kicking from the trans community and the woke community that she won't make that mistake again. Whatever was she thinking. ::) ::) ;D ;D

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.