Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Oxford Meet no.2  (Read 12128 times)

feeutfo

Re: Oxford Meet no.2
« Reply #15 on: 18 April 2010, 20:07:18 »

:y

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 April 2010, 20:33:49 »

So, it looks like we'll hopefully have a good turn out.
Now we just need to try and organise a place and time.
I've often thoght Cutteslowe park would be quite nice, it's about 2 miles from Oxford city centre.
There will be enough parking, there's a nice lake and garneds, fields, play area for children and a model railway you can ride.
But again, that's very local to me...it may be better for others to make it elsewhere in Oxfordshire. Any ideas? And any dates in mind?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 April 2010, 20:48:30 »

So, it looks like we'll hopefully have a good turn out.
Now we just need to try and organise a place and time.
I've often thoght Cutteslowe park would be quite nice, it's about 2 miles from Oxford city centre.
There will be enough parking, there's a nice lake and garneds, fields, play area for children and a model railway you can ride.
But again, that's very local to me...it may be better for others to make it elsewhere in Oxfordshire. Any ideas? And any dates in mind?
Thats fine for me - are there facilities - toilets etc - though?
Grumpy old man

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 April 2010, 21:09:48 »

Yep, toilets there and a cafe and an Ice Cream parlour and plenty of Mr Whippy vans last time I was there. Admittedly that was some time ago, I'll go there tomorrow and see what's what and check what facilities it has etc and report back.

feeutfo

« Reply #19 on: 19 April 2010, 10:40:52 »

sounds ok to me Josh. The Mrs like the Oxford area so another place to nose round.

Provided dates are ok of course.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 April 2010, 11:48:43 »

sounds ok to me Josh. The Mrs like the Oxford area so another place to nose round.

That is the posh end of Oxford ;D ;D.  Mrs TheBoy comes from the other end  :-X
Grumpy old man

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 April 2010, 14:09:53 »

:D where abouts does she come from? The only place I know never to go is cowley road after dark if you want to keep your money, and more importantly your life.
Oxford city centre itself is nice too, not far too drive and there is parking if you know where to look  ::)

As an aside, Chris - I may end up getting a Phaeton in, if I've got it at the same time as the meet you're more than welcome to take it for a drive etc  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 April 2010, 15:18:46 »

:D where abouts does she come from? The only place I know never to go is cowley road after dark if you want to keep your money, and more importantly your life.
Oxford city centre itself is nice too, not far too drive and there is parking if you know where to look  ::)

As an aside, Chris - I may end up getting a Phaeton in, if I've got it at the same time as the meet you're more than welcome to take it for a drive etc  :y
Mrs TheBoy comes from Horspath (nice village except for being a rat run), but originally from Cowley/Headington area.
Grumpy old man

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 April 2010, 16:50:44 »

Horspath is lovely, but can have some steep roads though, as I found out on my driving test  ;D

Went to Cutteslowe today to have a look around, it's got some parrots and assorted birds in enclosures, model railway you can ride, big park area, lake, food place and loads of ice cream vans, under cover area, childrens play area...so by all accounts a nice place and all importantly a car park we can take photo's in  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 April 2010, 16:52:55 »

Horspath is lovely, but can have some steep roads though, as I found out on my driving test  ;D

Went to Cutteslowe today to have a look around, it's got some parrots and assorted birds in enclosures, model railway you can ride, big park area, lake, food place and loads of ice cream vans, under cover area, childrens play area...so by all accounts a nice place and all importantly a car park we can take photo's in  ;D
Mrs TB said it would probably be a suitable venue for an afternoon meet, though then conceded that she hadn't been there for 30 years ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 April 2010, 16:54:19 »

And one of those steep lanes is where she comes from ;D ;D.  Nice walk up to Shotover though, but don't try and bring an Astra GTE down the bridle path unless you fancy changing sumps ::)
Grumpy old man

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 April 2010, 17:07:47 »

And one of those steep lanes is where she comes from ;D ;D.  Nice walk up to Shotover though, but don't try and bring an Astra GTE down the bridle path unless you fancy changing sumps ::)

Maybe that could be Oxford Meet no.3, a contest to see who can get the furthest up the bridle path?  ::)

Abiton

« Reply #27 on: 19 April 2010, 18:24:55 »

Mrs TB said it would probably be a suitable venue for an afternoon meet, though then conceded that she hadn't been there for 30 years ;D

I lived in Horspath 30 years ago, wonder if I know her?  ;D

david_omega

« Reply #28 on: 19 April 2010, 19:01:30 »

whats the approx date of this meeting then? i am game.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 April 2010, 19:17:07 »

whats the approx date of this meeting then? i am game.

That's a good question Simon...not really sure. But hopefully a date will be sorted very soon, be good if you could make it! How's the ute coming along? Be nice if you could bring that, or even the police Omega  ::) although I don't think an OOF meet counts as a PVEC approved show  ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.