Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Have had enough now.  (Read 4121 times)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
Re: Have had enough now.
« Reply #15 on: 05 April 2015, 13:20:46 »

It is an automatic  done just under 100,000 was perfect until a couple of weeks ago, had a new section of exhaust fitted ready for MOT in June then had coil pack & plugs done as it had a slight misfire ,has had loads spent on it over the years 03 plate.

Cars are like women. You give them everything and they're still not satisfied.

I hope your Omega lives another year or two, Mr Tilbo.

As most of us have found out being married more than once  :'( >:( >:(
Omegatitis

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 April 2015, 15:53:55 »

Room in my inbox now. :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #17 on: 06 April 2015, 07:55:07 »

pm sent.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #18 on: 08 April 2015, 17:23:34 »

Have got my deposit back on the Astra  looking at the Hyundai tonight, decided in the end to go for a smaller estate, if no good perhaps the 2.2 will rise again  🔧 🔧 🔧

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #19 on: 08 April 2015, 20:28:32 »

Have got my deposit back on the Astra  looking at the Hyundai tonight, decided in the end to go for a smaller estate, if no good perhaps the 2.2 will rise again  🔧 🔧 🔧

Don't get the I30 estate, we use em as pandas and they're absolutely $h1t!!!! Had loads of problems with the DMF's at not a lot of mileage. Electrical problems which result in flat batteries, starting problems, locking itself when it shouldn't, indicators working / not working when they want to. Spent more time in the workshop than the BMW's!!!!  ;D The bobbies hate em & wish they had the Astras back and are always fighting for the keys of the few elderly ones we still have.

05omegav6

« Reply #20 on: 08 April 2015, 22:14:27 »

i40 isn't much better...

2boxerdogs

« Reply #21 on: 08 April 2015, 22:19:25 »

Funny enough Jason it was a 130 premium 1.6 diesel  , but he would not move on the price so I walked away .

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 April 2015, 09:36:55 »

Don't dislike the Hyundais, but I know which I'd rather have between that and an Astra Twintop... then again, I know which I'd rather have between an Ashtray Twintop and my Omega V6!

You choice, and don't let us dissuade you, and do whatever you think is best... but keep your Omega, obviously :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 April 2015, 10:47:03 »

Yes I do now wonder if I have done the right thing, but no real need for the estate anymore & as we know they are quite thirsty .The twintop is a1.9 diesel  2006 2 owners with a good service history & we both fancied a convertible after using one in the US a couple of years ago still have the 2.6 which is mint & the Terracan for towing the caravan. As we are both getting near retirement and intend travelling around a bit more that's why we chose the diesel, we both drove it yesterday & were quite impressed with it ..

Would have had a DPF on it at that age (all the twin tops had DPF due to the increased weight over the normal Astra as of late 2005/2006 model year)

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 April 2015, 11:06:49 »

8 hrs start to finish I did my hg in yesterday 8) 8)

Not a hard job at all unless you leave it in gear and can't turn the crank :-\ :-\ ;D ;D

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 April 2015, 11:08:19 »

Not a hard job at all unless you leave it in gear and can't turn the crank :-\ :-\ ;D ;D
Did you have head Skimmed

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 April 2015, 14:50:22 »

Did you have head Skimmed
No cause it hadn't over heated and I had it on a flat surface and it looked ok

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 April 2015, 15:22:07 »

Only skim a head IF it needs skimming  :y

omega squared

• london area
    • 335i/race car/2 x V6 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 April 2015, 15:45:04 »

I know how you feel as I have just put my 2003 2.6 estate on ebay spares or repairs.
I was planning to keep it for a few years and to fit my LPG kit (thanks Al) but its just not worth the cost of sorting out the problems as they are worth so little now.
Its a shame this one was a really nice old car, sometimes its just time to move it on and let someone else fix it up.

The final straw for me was I was taking it to get the new MOT on Saturday and the bonnet would not open so I could not start it, so that was it I decided to put it on ebay.
nothing tows better than an Omega estate in this price range

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 April 2015, 16:37:29 »

I do feel your pain, and when it's one thing after another it's awful. It's your car, and always your own decision, but here's the old Lady I'm getting going. You will notice the last thing I'm doing is cleaning her - mechanicals come first. She's on new shocks, springs, exhaust, heat shields, brake lines, wishbones, polybushes, GM rear bushes and balljoints, new trackrods, cambelt and pulleys and drive belt. Refurbished front brake calipers. Low mileage plenum, front hubs, ICV, vac pipes and various stuff I haven't mentioned. I can't let her go to the scrappy, and feel they're always worth it.

In no way knocking your decision, fully respect it, and won't knock anyone breaking their car, in that every scrapper Omega means another can keep on the roads. Much of the parts for mine has come from this forum, in the physical sense, and also the support and advice that has allowed this entire project to be achievable.

She looks a bleedin state, but I'll get there!  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.