Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad Day  (Read 2826 times)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
Bad Day
« on: 02 October 2009, 20:55:05 »

on the 23rd of September my wife went to work as normal and put her mint 2.2dti CD estate in the carpark as normal. At about 10am one of the work force came to see her. They had been cutting down a tree in the car park close to her car and had runout off fuel on the chainsaw so with only 2 feet of the tree left to cut off the trunk went and got the forklift. The idea was to put the fork in the cut and slowly lift the section up and finish the job. things did not goto plan and the 2 foot section went up in the air and down onto the screen and roof on the nearside. tonight the engineer rang and said the car was a total loss. :'( :'( :'( :'( 

Welung666

Re: Bad Day
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2009, 20:59:05 »

on the 23rd of September my wife went to work as normal and put her mint 2.2dti CD estate in the carpark as normal. At about 10am one of the work force came to see her. They had been cutting down a tree in the car park close to her car and had runout off fuel on the chainsaw so with only 2 feet of the tree left to cut off the trunk went and got the forklift. The idea was to put the fork in the cut and slowly lift the section up and finish the job. things did not goto plan and the 2 foot section went up in the air and down onto the screen and roof on the nearside. tonight the engineer rang and said the car was a total loss. :'( :'( :'( :'( 

Gutted for you :'(

amigov6

« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2009, 20:59:32 »

Sympathies & a HUGE insurance claim. :(

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2009, 21:05:07 »

The engineer said the car is worth £2500 we got her almost 4 years ago for 7K >:( >:(

Martin_1962

« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2009, 21:07:47 »

>:( :( >:( :(

You want more than that - find another and see how much to pay - last one I saw for sale was tatty :(.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 October 2009, 21:10:04 »

The engineer said the car is worth £2500 we got her almost 4 years ago for 7K >:( >:(

.... and you obviouly reject their initial offer  ;), although in general £2500 would still buy quite a nice Omega .... not sure about diseasl prices though.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 October 2009, 21:17:54 »

When i saw the car on the day of its loss i told the wife we will not be seeing that again as they took it away on the back of the lorry. s she was so upset that night we started looking for another for her. We found a 02 2.2dti elite estate on ebay. one day later a few bids had already been made so we did they buy it now price have now got the car on the drive it has 84K on it.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 October 2009, 21:21:07 »

had a good chat with the engineer about the price he gave which to be fair was only £30 short of the glass's guide as she had 115k on the clock

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 October 2009, 21:24:05 »

Rotten bad luck! You never get what the car is really worth, only what they are prepared to part with, makes a mockery of having 'Insurance'. Still, you have a replacement now, and I hope you have a 'good un'. Regards, Phil. :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Big Fra

• Omega Knight
  • Motherwell
  • I will ride with miggy pride once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 October 2009, 21:27:08 »

Bad news mate, but it looks like there has been some good from it.

The main thing though, is the breadknife happy with the turnout?

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 October 2009, 21:32:03 »

we did the buy it now price and when i looked at the guide it was just over top book but it has tax and MoT until next May. Went up to wigan to pick it up all the way from Swindon. Got back at 3:15 am with the elite on the back as the insurance is still on the old one as the wife has her own number on it.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 October 2009, 21:44:00 »

in the cold light of day the new elite is not in as good nick as the old CD. on the good side she only has 84K on the clock and a full service history. But she has the old tyre wear thing on the front and one of the rears had a nail in it (£12.50 to fix). The head lights need a new sensor (Vauxhall want £149.50 for a new one). she also needs a back box and the rear shocks will need new ones soon.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 October 2009, 22:15:25 »

i told the engineer i want the old one back so will not get the full payout. i am going to use some of the parts off her to try and get the new one up to mint but what do i do with the rest of the bits. :-?

KillerWatt

« Reply #13 on: 02 October 2009, 22:22:28 »

in the cold light of day the new elite is not in as good nick as the old CD. on the good side she only has 84K on the clock and a full service history. But she has the old tyre wear thing on the front and one of the rears had a nail in it (£12.50 to fix). The head lights need a new sensor (Vauxhall want £149.50 for a new one). she also needs a back box and the rear shocks will need new ones soon.
All easily fixed, and cheaply as well if you avoid the main stealer (at least, you avoid the front door).
« Last Edit: 02 October 2009, 22:23:32 by KillerWatt »

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 October 2009, 23:50:26 »

Got my trade card and saved some money on oil yesterday but have been told its only odd items you get discount on don't know if they will knock anything of shocks or sensor. Have some parts to come of the old dead CD but this one being an elite will have to look far and wide for good spares.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.