Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157486 times)

trainmanone

• stockport
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #570 on: 28 May 2012, 12:23:10 »

just to be clear to every one im not on any ones side just trying to understand how and why this happend ,so to try not to have it happen again,so i see my idea of elections for mods hasent got a responce yet :-\ never mind only an idea thats all :y 
what was that ??????

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 28 May 2012, 12:35:04 »

my point is why did no one in the mod/admin team as it appears contact jb to give an answer but just let it ride

The answer to that one is that it's not always recorded that a mod / admin has acted on an alert, depending on how any moderation was applied, yet the same alert goes to all of us, so it's commonplace for us to see an alert, and yet see nothing wrong in the thread because it's either already been moderated or no action is truly required. We wouldn't therefore have known that the thread in its' current state was viewed as problematic by jb.

My opinion, and only that, is that jb should have appreciated that banning another mod is an action not to be taken without discussion with the rest of the team, and that, given his relationship with Ljay, he was at risk of not taking an impartial view of the situation. Both reasons to defer to another member of the team, IMHO.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 28 May 2012, 12:36:58 »

Having said the above, further navel gazing will do no good IMHO. We have to learn from what happened and move on.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

trainmanone

• stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 28 May 2012, 12:43:13 »

my point is why did no one in the mod/admin team as it appears contact jb to give an answer but just let it ride

The answer to that one is that it's not always recorded that a mod / admin has acted on an alert, depending on how any moderation was applied, yet the same alert goes to all of us, so it's commonplace for us to see an alert, and yet see nothing wrong in the thread because it's either already been moderated or no action is truly required. We wouldn't therefore have known that the thread in its' current state was viewed as problematic by jb.

My opinion, and only that, is that jb should have appreciated that banning another mod is an action not to be taken without discussion with the rest of the team, and that, given his relationship with Ljay, he was at risk of not taking an impartial view of the situation. Both reasons to defer to another member of the team, IMHO.

thanks for that Kevin your last parragraph is my sentiments exactly, so may be the mods need a system to show that a mod or admin has seen said alert with action taken ect

pete
what was that ??????

trainmanone

• stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 28 May 2012, 13:14:17 »

just a quick one ,i know my status says junior member ,but have been a member of oof from 17 /7/2006 so am an original member sort of lol

just dont post much thats all

just in case people were wondering  :y

pete
what was that ??????

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: 28 May 2012, 13:17:02 »

just a quick one ,i know my status says junior member ,but have been a member of oof from 17 /7/2006 so am an original member sort of lol

just dont post much thats all

just in case people were wondering  :y

pete

Shouldn't matter when you joined or how high your count is,you are a member thus entitled to your opinion/say :y :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 28 May 2012, 13:34:14 »

You could all just get a life. Problem solved. Next one.

X2

The only two people that this spat really affects is Jimbob and Daz, why does it have to affect the rest of us? I stopped caring about this about 2 minutes after it happened...

The admins do a great job IMO, a better, more tolerant bunch would be hard to find anywhere I reckon, especially when you think they do it in their own time. Everybody makes mistakes, and I think every single one of them has admitted this about 50 times each now, so I fail to see what progress we're going to make on this thread until we all just leave it be
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

feeutfo

« Reply #577 on: 28 May 2012, 13:54:38 »

X2

The only two people that this spat really affects is Jimbob and Daz, why does it have to affect the rest of us? I stopped caring about this about 2 minutes after it happened...

The admins do a great job IMO, a better, more tolerant bunch would be hard to find anywhere I reckon, especially when you think they do it in their own time. Everybody makes mistakes, and I think every single one of them has admitted this about 50 times each now, so I fail to see what progress we're going to make on this thread until we all just leave it be
Seems a fair view too Jc, but there seems / appears to be some apprehension and concern over the two main meets where, personally, I would hope we can enjoy the usuall antics without any hostile atmosphere or worrys over all this. Numbers are down and apart from anything else, moving on has been tried. But sadly hadn't helped.

Over a bear and possibly "a wee dram" ... I hope to be able to shake the hands of those involved in a field somewhere this year. Fingers crossed. :)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 28 May 2012, 14:11:02 »

I'll still be trying to make both the Lakes meet and Newent. I would love it if Daz, James, LJay and the family can make it too as I get on with all of them and as far as I can remember they've been to all of the previous meets, but that's entirely up to them. I don't go to the meets just to see a particular person I go to see everyone and have a laugh, relax and have a few beers with friends and I hope that continues for years to come :y
Retired

STMO123

« Reply #579 on: 28 May 2012, 14:20:02 »

X2

Seems a fair view too Jc, but there seems / appears to be some apprehension and concern over the two main meets where, personally, I would hope we can enjoy the usuall antics without any hostile atmosphere or worrys over all this. Numbers are down and apart from anything else, moving on has been tried. But sadly hadn't helped.

Over a bear and possibly "a wee dram" ... I hope to be able to shake the hands of those involved in a field somewhere this year. Fingers crossed. :)

If you shake hands over a bear you'd better be a good runner fatty. ;D

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 28 May 2012, 14:40:51 »

i thought they would get on well together they can both be grizzly ::)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 28 May 2012, 14:42:43 »

just had a picture in my mind of poor bob dent trying to barbeque a bear  :o :D ;D ;D

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 28 May 2012, 14:43:20 »

Who`s who :D :y
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 28 May 2012, 14:47:06 »

just had a picture in my mind of poor bob dent trying to barbeque a bear  :o :D ;D ;D

;D ;D

Add up all the meat I cooked at a couple of the big meets and it probably equates to a couple of bears dissected into burgers! ::) ;D
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 28 May 2012, 15:23:29 »

Who`s who :D :y

gotta be the one on the left looks like its got a good roar on it :y
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.