Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Facelift Double Din Facia  (Read 6104 times)

MadOnVaux

• Lake District
    • View Profile
Re: Facelift Double Din Facia
« Reply #15 on: 03 August 2006, 16:39:59 »

Wierd - i know a guy who bought a double din Kenwood for a Vectra C and it didnt fit...are the Omega and Vectra apartures different?...i thought they were exactly the same.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 August 2006, 18:37:12 »

think so AFAIK.... not sure if the Vec has a 'sharper' angled front??

Anywho, I am still not happy with the double din... i also really missed the steering wheel controls

So i have sold it and going single din with alpine with steering wheel controls.... pics will follow once its installed......  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 August 2006, 18:45:53 »

Didn't lose too much one it I hope...
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 August 2006, 18:59:01 »

Didn't lose too much one it I hope...

Not tooo bad, wish i'd went for single din first, lost about 30quid.. so its too bad.

I did't reliase how much i used the steering wheel controls when on the motorway... using the little 'joystick' to skip tracks was nasty and annoying... i had to move my left arm!!

Also the purple lighting and display was not to my tastes for night driving sooo going to buy this:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4588.html

It has a setting to make the buttons 'amber' colour at night which is more inkeeping with the dash.

Also going to get a steering wheel adaptor and the VT link for my iPod (VT link is just phono outputs)

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
  • Werthers. Winter, too hard.  Summer, too soft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 August 2006, 08:25:26 »

I remember going through this.
There are no double DIN adaptors.  In fact, I could only find the one type made by Autoleads which all retailers sell.

I don't like it at all.  That annoying 'cubby' slot at the bottom is useless for most things.  If you do find a use for it, the object you're stowing will shoot out onto the floor if you pull away too hard.  (And I'm talking about a 2.2 here!)

It's a pain you had to go through that hassle Mark.

Becker does look very 'standard fit' as the buttons and backlight match.  Just a shame about the adaptor.

Edit:  Forgot to add.  Mexico Pro requires preout adaptor (£30), as it doesn't have standard phono sockets on the back.

« Last Edit: 04 August 2006, 08:31:33 by Hillper »
Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 August 2006, 17:36:01 »

I don't like it at all.  That annoying 'cubby' slot at the bottom is useless for most things.  If you do find a use for it, the object you're stowing will shoot out onto the floor if you pull away too hard.  (And I'm talking about a 2.2 here!)

Live and learn i guess.... i too now have the same 'cubby' hole adaptor you have.

I have already drilled a hole at the back for a standard headphone jack lead for my iPod, which sits quite nicely in that gap.

Just need to get a case for the iPod and some velcro or something to hold it in place, due to the sheer power of the 2.2 beast shooting it out of the cubby hole!

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
  • Werthers. Winter, too hard.  Summer, too soft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 August 2006, 17:46:05 »

Just a small square of Velcro should do it.

Sunglasses seem to stay in place quite well, but anything with a bit of weight, like an iPod or phone or a handful or Werthers will fall out.

Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.

madpup78

• Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06 June 2007, 20:36:25 »

Hi,
There is a double din fascia available for an omega from www.caraudiodirect.com

Beware though, To put in a double din unit you have to modify the fascia and may need to spray it depending on the colour of your dash.

I have just fitted a Kenwod DDX 7029 with blutooth kit and Ipod lead to my 2002 2.6 CDX and it fits but only just.
Firstly yu have to take the entire centre cosole to bits - this is easy enough.
Then you have to drill the sides of the plastic rear dash casing so you can screw the head unit direct to it as the mounting cage wil not fit.
The you have to very carefully strap all the wires out of the way at the back of the head unit as there is very limited spcae at the rear of the centre console.

With a little DIY and perseverace it does fit and you cannot beat the Kenwood DDX 7029, the sound is awesome, the bluetooth kit is second to none and it has the fastest Ipod controls of any head unit on the market.

I got the whole lot delivered dor £630, including Omega wiring loom and fascia.
From www.audiocar.co.uk
Ask for Mike appleton if you contact them he will sort the price out and if you need tech advice Ian the MD is more than happy to give you help over the phone, a great company.

If anyone has any questions or wants to know how I fitted mine, drop me an email on n6oop@hotmail.co.uk

Mike Bowden

• Kingsclere, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 January 2008, 10:56:00 »

Very useful info Madpup, I'm hoping to do exactly the same with a DDX 6029 (same, but previous year i think, bit cheaper!!)

I may well email you when I get round to it, pick your brain for tips!

Mike Bowden

• Kingsclere, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 January 2008, 10:58:59 »

Hi,

Beware though, To put in a double din unit you have to modify the fascia and may need to spray it depending on the colour of your dash.

I have just fitted a Kenwod DDX 7029 with blutooth kit and Ipod lead to my 2002 2.6 CDX and it fits but only just.
Then you have to drill the sides of the plastic rear dash casing so you can screw the head unit direct to it as the mounting cage wil not fit.
The you have to very carefully strap all the wires out of the way at the back of the head unit as there is very limited spcae at the rear of the centre console.

With a little DIY and perseverace it does fit and you cannot beat the Kenwood DDX 7029, the sound is awesome, the bluetooth kit is second to none and it has the fastest Ipod controls of any head unit on the market.

From www.audiocar.co.uk
Ask for Mike appleton if you contact them he will sort the price out and if you need tech advice Ian the MD is more than happy to give you help over the phone, a great company.

If anyone has any questions or wants to know how I fitted mine, drop me an email on n6oop@hotmail.co.uk

Obvious first question, where did you put the microphone from the bluetooth and the ipod? Cheers!

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 January 2008, 17:30:57 »

Hi,

From www.audiocar.co.uk

Obvious first question, where did you put the microphone from the bluetooth and the ipod? Cheers!

Don't hold your breath for an answer. He hasn't been on line since June.  :y
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 January 2008, 11:07:13 »

there are some double omega ISO surrounds on ebay so you can fit a normal square double din system into an omega or other VX cars cant remember the link but have a search if you come up blank ill have a look again, i did post on the forum acouple of months ago with a link to these double din surrounds
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 January 2008, 19:41:08 »

http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/install/show_model.asp?id=285

Try these out.  Not used them myself, but might be ok.
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.