Author Topic: Dyson  (Read 3013 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Dyson
« Reply #45 on: 24 January 2022, 13:17:34 »

as an example on the cordless bit, the Dyson V11 has 25v battery at 3.6Ah capacity, so that is a maximum of 90Wh of useage.

If it the vac ran for only 10 minutes on a charge than thats a max of 540W but, Dyson quote 20 minutes so 270W of suction (and all motors are in the 90% efficeincy range so no gains of note here). Compare that to say corded which typically has the EU max of 1600W, and its easy to see why the cordless convenience cannot match the corded power  :y

I fail to understand the fascination with cordless stuff. It will always be limited by the laws of physics.

Same with lawn mowers. Work out how much energy a decent lawn mower needs to cut a lawn and then tell me they can fit that in the battery!

Battery tech works very well in devices where other energy sources are awkward and where intermittent power is needed, even at quite high power levels, but no good when you need continuous high power. My Dad recently bought a Stihl battery chainsaw, and it's a great bit of kit. The 2 stroke probably trumps it for power on a really thick trunk but I know what I prefer climbing a tree with!

Vacuum cleaners, though? Nope. I probably use it once or twice a fortnight (I'm not house proud!). I plug it in once to do the upstairs, and twice for the downstairs. Hardly enough inconvenience to warrant a crap battery model. ;D

Speaking of battery power I use something similar to this. I find it excellent albeit very noisy in operation.

However, for cleaning carpet and cutting trees it is utterly hopeless. ;) :D

https://youtu.be/AE6Z-yugsB8

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24 January 2022, 13:19:04 »

Well I bought a Shark ::)

Dyson call centre are clueless, nothing available for the model I wanted, all stock gone online elsewhere. :-X

Dont like the look of the Sebo and the only one I liked had the head light fitted for an extra £200 ???

Arrives 1st thing tomorrow. :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 24 January 2022, 13:22:55 »

Dyson call centre are clueless, nothing available for the model I wanted, all stock gone online elsewhere. :-X

Dont like the look of the Sebo and the only one I liked had the head light fitted for an extra £200 ???

......hopefully so does your sexy 33 year old Lithuanian friend. :y

It shouldn't take her look to clean the whole house. ;)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 24 January 2022, 13:24:55 »

On another note, Bought at the same time as the Dyson, My Panasonic combination microwave, It stared acting up a couple of months ago.  Works fine when it works, 2/10 times it refuses to start. ???

Looked for a new control panel but sadly none availale for my model.

and yes, the replacement arrives 1st thing tomorrow & the bonus is it went down £26 overnight. :y :y :y

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 24 January 2022, 13:25:49 »

......hopefully so does your sexy 33 year old Lithuanian friend. :y

It shouldn't take her look to clean the whole house. ;)

She is too busy to talk to me at the moment & she hates housework anyway.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 24 January 2022, 15:58:45 »

Finally got fed up with unblocking the Dyson a couple of years back. Why they designed it with so many 90 degree angles in the dirty air path I'll never know.

Went to the hardware shop in the village who I like to support and he sold me me of these for £100.

https://www.homevac.co.uk/henry-as100g-vacuum-cleaners.php

Way more suction power than the Dyson. It actually lifts the carpets off the floor and sucks air through the pile!

Much lighter to move around the house and being a more commercially oriented design it's got a long mains cable and hose.

Great for cleaning the car too! I love it and would never go back. For the price of a Dyson I could get a new one of these every year.

All the parts and bags are compatible with the Numatic range so easy to get hold of, Not that I've ever needed to buy anything for it. I'm even still getting through the bags that came with it.
Reading that link, i never realised that we would need a "consultation" to buy a sodding vacuum cleaner. ::) ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 24 January 2022, 16:25:05 »

Finally got fed up with unblocking the Dyson a couple of years back. Why they designed it with so many 90 degree angles in the dirty air path I'll never know.

Went to the hardware shop in the village who I like to support and he sold me me of these for £100.

Way more suction power than the Dyson. It actually lifts the carpets off the floor and sucks air through the pile!

Much lighter to move around the house and being a more commercially oriented design it's got a long mains cable and hose.

Great for cleaning the car too! I love it and would never go back. For the price of a Dyson I could get a new one of these every year.

All the parts and bags are compatible with the Numatic range so easy to get hold of, Not that I've ever needed to buy anything for it. I'm even still getting through the bags that came with it.
Reading that link, i never realised that we would need a "consultation" to buy a sodding vacuum cleaner. ::) ;D

That is what you men do; seek all the technical facts, assess the vacuums mechanics, then...................................pass on the chosen machine to us poor women who just get on and use the bloody thing to pick up all the mess left behind by "the boys"!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 24 January 2022, 16:46:57 »

That is what you men do; seek all the technical facts, assess the vacuums mechanics, then...................................pass on the chosen machine to us poor women who just get on and use the bloody thing to pick up all the mess left behind by "the boys"!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

It's simply evolution, Lizzie.

Women also have smaller feet which allows them to stand closer to the cooker.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 24 January 2022, 17:21:47 »

Women also have smaller feet which allows them to stand closer to the cooker and the kitchen sink!!

Fixed that for you M'Lud!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 24 January 2022, 18:31:59 »

Very funny ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

We do love our cookers though so stand lovingly close to them :-* :-*

As for the sink.........................I now again have a dishwasher, and no more a husband! ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 24 January 2022, 18:33:47 by Lizzie Zoom »

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 24 January 2022, 18:42:14 »

Don’t matter how small their feet are as long as they can get them from the kitchen to the bedroom 🤭🤭
Sorry Liz😂😉
Laying a rubber road.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 24 January 2022, 18:53:32 »

Don’t matter how small their feet are as long as they can get them from the kitchen to the bedroom 🤭🤭
Sorry Liz😂😉
what's wrong with using  the kitchen  :-\

Women brag about multi tasking  ;D

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 24 January 2022, 19:53:56 »

Well you don’t want to scramble the eggs…….
Laying a rubber road.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 24 January 2022, 19:54:25 »

Women also have smaller feet which allows them to stand closer to the cooker.
That's why the plinth covers around the bottom of kitchen units are only a couple of inches deep. Just ask dave the builder. :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 24 January 2022, 20:10:08 »

Sorry Liz😂😉
what's wrong with using  the kitchen  :-\

Women brag about multi tasking  ;D

Yep, we have to as the bloke is too lazy to do more than one thing at a time, if that :-X ;) ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.