Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Mechanic School Blog  (Read 96039 times)

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanic School Blog
« Reply #465 on: 27 March 2013, 16:59:18 »

BTW...

I thought the Schrader valve remover tool was quite cool and would be handy. anyone know how to make a home made one? I heard someone mention using brass brake line. is this right? would be awesome to add to my drill gauge tool  8)
Get one bought. I'm sure the slapon man will sell you one, won't be less than a tenner. ;D ;D

;D Nar, fak that. they taught me these fabrication skills. my aim is to now make all my tools  :-X :-X :-X ;D ;D
You're not going to be a proper mechanic till you're in debt to slapon for a few grand. Our Tony's toolbox alone was £800 second hand.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 27 March 2013, 17:24:02 »

BTW...

I thought the Schrader valve remover tool was quite cool and would be handy. anyone know how to make a home made one? I heard someone mention using brass brake line. is this right? would be awesome to add to my drill gauge tool  8)
Get one bought. I'm sure the slapon man will sell you one, won't be less than a tenner. ;D ;D

;D Nar, fak that. they taught me these fabrication skills. my aim is to now make all my tools  :-X :-X :-X ;D ;D
You're not going to be a proper mechanic till you're in debt to slapon for a few grand. Our Tony's toolbox alone was £800 second hand.

;D

on a serious note, I only realised the other day after reading this thread back again and a throw away comment from someone at school that mechanics have to provide their own tools  ??? I mean, if you work for ford you have to upply the tools? I wud have thought a big company like that would have provided them  :-\
RIP Paul Lovejoy

STMO123

« Reply #467 on: 27 March 2013, 17:40:14 »

You have to supply your own, and a home-made valve remover is not acceptable. ;D

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 27 March 2013, 17:41:58 »

You have to supply your own, and a home-made valve remover is not acceptable. ;D

hahaha far cough ;)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 27 March 2013, 20:35:35 »

BTW...

;D

on a serious note, I only realised the other day after reading this thread back again and a throw away comment from someone at school that mechanics have to provide their own tools  ??? I mean, if you work for ford you have to upply the tools? I wud have thought a big company like that would have provided them  :-\
Yep He's already spent thousands on his tools and he's not out of his time till this June. Oh and don't forget a slapon furry hat and trainers, you'll never get taken seriously without them.
TuBy's new whipping boy.

STMO123

« Reply #470 on: 27 March 2013, 20:42:58 »

I've spent thousands on my tool, but you should see it now.  :-*

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 27 March 2013, 20:47:00 »

yours don't work does it?
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 27 March 2013, 20:47:18 »

Hopefully not and never .. :)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 27 March 2013, 20:48:09 »

+ everyone. in the world. ever
RIP Paul Lovejoy

STMO123

« Reply #474 on: 27 March 2013, 20:54:30 »

+ everyone. in the world. ever
Gayboy loves it.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: 27 March 2013, 22:04:00 »

yep no worries mate. they said if the disc screws aren't there, pop two lug nuts in to secure it  :y

yet more Americanisms  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

on the run out I did was on a pug 206. the maximum run out spec is 0.05. this one had 0.20  :o :o :o would this (what to me is a small amount) really show itself during braking in the form of steering wheel vibration?

0.2mm/ 8thou"? Yes, you'll most definitely feel that much  ;)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 27 March 2013, 23:07:34 »

BTW...

Do you mean the gadget to unscrew the valve core? They're dirt cheap, although I've made a couple as I needed them late on a Sunday evening. One is from 1/4" hex bar, and is for use in multi tip screwdrivers. The other was turned from a length of 1/2" brass bar, knurled on the end, and with a slot cut in the other end. Worked great, took up no space and looked cool - which is important for home-made tools! Wish I hadn't lost it somewhere.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 28 March 2013, 13:07:23 »

BTW...

Do you mean the gadget to unscrew the valve core? They're dirt cheap, although I've made a couple as I needed them late on a Sunday evening. One is from 1/4" hex bar, and is for use in multi tip screwdrivers. The other was turned from a length of 1/2" brass bar, knurled on the end, and with a slot cut in the other end. Worked great, took up no space and looked cool - which is important for home-made tools! Wish I hadn't lost it somewhere.

yes, sorry nick that is what i meant  :y

thats the thing.... those tools are like 98p. but i like the satisfaction of making it myself and it looking cool  ;D :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 28 March 2013, 13:10:56 »

BTW...

One born every minute plus the slap-on warranty on the tool boxes is not the best  :y

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 28 March 2013, 15:57:30 »

BTW...

One born every minute plus the slap-on warranty on the tool boxes is not the best  :y
I've told him time and again Mark but his dealer turns up every Wednesday with the van. He's not been spending much lately as he's at college on Wednesdays till he finishes in June.
TuBy's new whipping boy.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 42   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.