Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Flash other Omega's!  (Read 3673 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Flash other Omega's!
« Reply #30 on: 08 May 2007, 17:12:24 »

even more infuriating when your travelin on a quite motorway in lane 1 and some twonk is sitting in lane 2 when there is nothing insight ahead, you have to go lane two then 3 to pass then all way back to lane 1 and they still sit in lane 2.

I agree. But rightly or wrongly I stay where I am ...... in lane 1  :-? Some do take the hint & move back over, other I imagine mutter profanities to themselves as I pass  ::)

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 May 2007, 17:18:41 »

some people dont like motorways and choose to drive at 60, .........

In the MIDDLE bloody lane, irrespective of the amount of traffic or the speed of everyone else!  >:(

duely noted, if you dont like the motorway and wish to drive slower, the first lane is the lane to use

there are no strict rules in place, just the "slow/fast.overtake" guidelines, its PURE common sense that is needed to use motorways efficiently

if you know you're gonna hover around the 75 mark then you should automatically be in the middle lane, passing the slower traffic that SHOULD be settled at a slower speed in the first lane, and if someone is passing slow traffic at 65-70 in the middle lane then you'd rightfully pull out into the overtaking lane

this is all assuming there's a medium volume of motorway traffic, i hardly use motorways and on the rare occasions i do (once at 2am) i do notice the odd shed cruising at 60 down the centre lane when there's only 2 other cars down that entire half mile stretch, and there's just no need

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 May 2007, 18:43:16 »

This may sound so sad but when you are Biker other Bikers flash or nod there heads at each other, and also some Classic Range Rover owners flash each other too.... ;)

So i am going to start flashing and wave other Omega Owners and see the out come ;D

I may start a massive following ::)

Oh GOD! I live in Stoke, suppose I'm in the firing line, better tell the wife, she'll come home and tell me she's pulled if she gets flashed at... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Had use to have VW's (Aircooled), all the Aircooled owners had used to flash at each other country / internationally wide...  VW's are slower mode of transport...  My concern with the Omega's is that the car in front may pull over thinking that we're the Fuzz, Nee, Nor, Nee, Nor............

DC
« Last Edit: 08 May 2007, 18:50:05 by dave_c »
Do it right, do it once................

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 May 2007, 19:07:20 »

My concern with the Omega's is that the car in front may pull over thinking that we're the Fuzz, Nee, Nor, Nee, Nor............

DC

nowt wrong with that, it'll cut down your journey times

Joneyentee

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 May 2007, 20:55:24 »

even more infuriating when your travelin on a quite motorway in lane 1 and some twonk is sitting in lane 2 when there is nothing insight ahead, you have to go lane two then 3 to pass then all way back to lane 1 and they still sit in lane 2.

I agree. But rightly or wrongly I stay where I am ...... in lane 1  :-? Some do take the hint & move back over, other I imagine mutter profanities to themselves as I pass  ::)
I suppose you could argue that the traffic in your lane is moving faster than the traffic in their lane so it's ok to undertake... ;)

I have on a few occassions passed a middle lane hogger on the inside, but only when I really can't be bothered to pull all the way out and in again. You never know, they might suddenly come out of their daze and realise they need to pull over and if you're there then ... whoops.

Anyone tried the 'middle lane circling game'? You come accross someone sitting in the middle lane when there's an empty carriageway, you pull out from the inside lane, overtake them, pull back in, slow down, let them pass, pull back out and overtake them again!  I've not yet had the opportunity of trying it. I usually have the missus in the car and I'd get an earfull, but I can't wait to try it out on someone!  ;D
Reading of signatures prohibited...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 May 2007, 22:15:04 »

Anyone tried the 'middle lane circling game'? You come accross someone sitting in the middle lane when there's an empty carriageway, you pull out from the inside lane, overtake them, pull back in, slow down, let them pass, pull back out and overtake them again!  I've not yet had the opportunity of trying it. I usually have the missus in the car and I'd get an earfull, but I can't wait to try it out on someone!  ;D

Tut tut! ;) You'll be getting your legs slapped if you're seen.  ;D  ;D

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08 May 2007, 22:38:04 »

thats one to try, providing you signal correctly and dont break speed limits, it cant be proven illegal  ;D

Joneyentee

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08 May 2007, 22:50:45 »

Tut tut! ;) You'll be getting your legs slapped if you're seen.  ;D  ;D
Promises, promises...  ;)
« Last Edit: 08 May 2007, 22:51:07 by Joneyentee »
Reading of signatures prohibited...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.