Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black Sealant  (Read 1249 times)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
Black Sealant
« on: 11 May 2007, 16:45:21 »

My mate has a 98, 2.0 estate with leaking cam covers.

He went to his local Vx dealer and purchased a new gasket, asked them for the black sealant.

They said what do you want the black sealant for? He said because my mate (me) said that you need it if you change the cam cover gasket.

They said your mate is talking a load of rubbish, you don't need any sealant, we don't use any.

Anyway, he insisted, and they sold him some.

Moral, if you live in or near Litchfied, don't let the local dealer change your cam cover gaskets.

Oh! and by the way, they have another branch near Walsall.

Be warned!

I like red cars

miggy

Re: Black Sealant
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2007, 17:04:54 »

Pillocks, Some of these Vx dealers amaze me, I have had same expieriences with my local dealer and to be honest I would not take my baby to them, took her down last year for a full service, picked it up with extra 45 miles on the clock and 2 CDs missing, excuse was, took it for a test drive, Bol"**ks, Found out some so call mechanic decided to take it home with him, never got the CDs back but ended up with full tank of fuel and a free next service, told them to shove the free service, had set of miggy mud flaps instead. WILL NOT USE AGAIN.
 :y

He went to his local Vx dealer and purchased a new gasket, asked them for the black sealant.

They said what do you want the black sealant for? He said because my mate (me) said that you need it if you change the cam cover gasket.

They said your mate is talking a load of rubbish, you don't need any sealant, we don't use any.

Moral, if you live in or near Litchfied, don't let the local dealer change your cam cover gaskets.

Be warned!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2007, 18:36:35 »

[size=36]STEVE THOMPSON CARS[/size]

There, said it!

STMO123

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2007, 18:48:19 »

Be warned!

I simply took MarksDTM's list of part nos with me and said "Gimme that lot please" ;D Guy was over the moon cause I didn't have to ask for a 'thingy' or a 'wotsit' :y

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2007, 20:18:54 »

[size=36]STEVE THOMPSON CARS[/size]

There, said it!

;D ;D ;D ;D
I like red cars

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2007, 20:21:35 »

moral of the story; dont use ANY dealer  :y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2007, 20:36:10 »

I usually find my nearest vx dealer parts guys.....knows exactly what im on about when i ask for 'that thingy' that connects to 'ugermaflip' ......but never has it in stock.......the next nearest dealer parts guys its always a struggle to identify the part......but usually has it in stock!

Once i asked for 20L of semi synth....at nearest dealer....said thats a lot.....dunno if we have that much.....no they didnt.....only had 15L  :o

Work that one out!  ;D

So then AA.....back to the thread....are you going to change the cam cover gasket for him??

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2007, 23:16:12 »

I usually find my nearest vx dealer parts guys.....knows exactly what im on about when i ask for 'that thingy' that connects to 'ugermaflip' ......but never has it in stock.......the next nearest dealer parts guys its always a struggle to identify the part......but usually has it in stock!

Once i asked for 20L of semi synth....at nearest dealer....said thats a lot.....dunno if we have that much.....no they didnt.....only had 15L  :o

Work that one out!  ;D

So then AA.....back to the thread....are you going to change the cam cover gasket for him??

...so do we have a 4-pot cam cover gasket Maintenance Guide yet?

Alas, no more Omegas....

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2007, 08:02:51 »

Work that one out!  ;D

...so do we have a 4-pot cam cover gasket Maintenance Guide yet?

No, his next door neighbour is a Jaguar 'mechanic' and he's doing it this morning.

I've printed off MDTM's 'How To' for them.
I like red cars

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
  • im like an expensive watch - i get wound up easily
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 May 2007, 09:30:46 »

my local vx couldnt even sent me a correct key code number first time, (re my earlier post)  bloody useless for a "professional company" ???
yet another miserable day in rip off britain !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.