Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ronnie report  (Read 918 times)

Ronald_McBurger

Ronnie report
« on: 13 May 2007, 23:05:12 »

Sunday eveing.

Right. project Elite LPG update continues. The engine is still very tappety and it would seem that either it has another broken spring in a hydraulic lifter, or that there is simply not enough oil pressure. In the latter case it could be a broken or loose oil pickup, a stuck oil pressure relief valve or even a brken or faulty oil pump.

In order of checking, the easiest is the pickup, so the sump comes off next job and I will take photos as I go to aid anyone else in future. I will be taking out the oil pressure relief valve anyway, but this means taking off the cambelt again. Could do without that, but have little choice as this car suffered an oil cooler failure before I got it. It is feasible that water ended up in the sump and could have corroded the valve causing it to stick.

The car is down on power by aboiyt 30% as a guess. That would concure with the lifters not filling with oil and thus not opening the valves fully, as pointed out to me by Mark. So I will try the easy first.

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ronnie report
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2007, 07:43:00 »

Easy being a relative term in this case...  :-/

Good luck!
The Administrator.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2007, 08:20:52 »

Its a basic rule of fault finding....

Identify the cause (low oil pressure) and work through teh system to find the fault.....the strainer is the first place to start.......and its reasonable to assue that followers are ok because they have already been checked.

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2007, 11:54:01 »

Good luck with it - let's hope that it is something simple like a blocked strainer.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2007, 20:59:57 »

MONDAY:

Sump off tonight. Oh joy. 7 zillion bolts, then a strainer that cannot be reoved without a special vx tool because some idiot designed a pipe that goes right across the last bolt.

Looks ok physically. Did find a cam cover o-ring in the sump though.

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2007, 21:05:38 »

MONDAY:

Sump off tonight. Oh joy. 7 zillion bolts, then a strainer that cannot be reoved without a special vx tool because some idiot designed a pipe that goes right across the last bolt.

Looks ok physically. Did find a cam cover o-ring in the sump though.

Eh?  :-?

How did a cam cover ring make its way down there??

Pipe and bolt sounds about right though..... >:(
The Administrator.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2007, 21:44:03 »

Sunday eveing.

The car is down on power by aboiyt 30% as a guess. That would concure with the lifters not filling with oil and thus not opening the valves fully, as pointed out to me by Mark. So I will try the easy first.

yousay it has an lpg system on it Ronnie, well if its an early system the loss of power could be down to the mixer ring, if its a sequential system ignore this post!!!
Omegatoy  

Martin_1962

« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2007, 22:48:43 »

Sunday eveing.

yousay it has an lpg system on it Ronnie, well if its an early system the loss of power could be down to the mixer ring, if its a sequential system ignore this post!!!
Omegatoy  

If it is the MDTM system it is a botched SGI
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.