Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rail strikes  (Read 7444 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Rail strikes
« Reply #45 on: 19 March 2017, 10:47:49 »

Any health and safety training course will start of by telling you that you are responsible for the safety of yourself, your workmates and just about everyone in the world.

Of course the unions are worried about job losses, isn't that what unions are for?
No. The unions are worried about lost subs resulting from non existent job cuts. A thousand jobs lost would see their income drop £20k a month. Bizarrely, they seem to approach this issues by forcing companies to cease being profitable by way of coercing staff into having three working days off each week... ::)

If I were Southern, I would be taking the various unions to court for loss of public confidence and revenue... There reputation as Connex was bad enough, but following the last two years of cancellations and dire service it really is in the toilet.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #46 on: 19 March 2017, 11:19:21 »

Any health and safety training course will start of by telling you that you are responsible for the safety of yourself, your workmates and just about everyone in the world.

Of course the unions are worried about job losses, isn't that what unions are for?
No. The unions are worried about lost subs resulting from non existent job cuts. A thousand jobs lost would see their income drop £20k a month. Bizarrely, they seem to approach this issues by forcing companies to cease being profitable by way of coercing staff into having three working days off each week... ::)

If I were Southern, I would be taking the various unions to court for loss of public confidence and revenue... There reputation as Connex was bad enough, but following the last two years of cancellations and dire service it really is in the toilet.
But you're not Southern, nor are you ever likely to be.  ;D I'm sure their legal eagles were way ahead of you, but it's obviously not an option. I suppose you could always ring up and check that they're not missing a trick.  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 19 March 2017, 11:26:33 »

Or they simply don't care...

I might use the trains once a year, and only if really desperate, so the behaviour of them and the unions is of little personal concern. However I do know people who have faced disciplinary action due to being unable to get to work on time due the horrific levels of service :-\

STEMO

« Reply #48 on: 19 March 2017, 11:31:53 »

Or they simply don't care...

I might use the trains once a year, and only if really desperate, so the behaviour of them and the unions is of little personal concern. However I do know people who have faced disciplinary action due to being unable to get to work on time due the horrific levels of service :-\
Then these people need to leave their tyrannical bosses and get a job on the railways. I believe they're very understanding there.  ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 20 March 2017, 02:38:27 »

Southern have taken the unions to court, just before Christmas, on the basis on how it was adversely affecting their customers and they lost. :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #50 on: 21 March 2017, 15:51:00 »

Merseyrail are to strike on the day of the grand national. Did anyone see that coming?  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 21 March 2017, 15:51:54 »

Merseyrail are to strike on the day of the grand national. Did anyone see that coming?  ::)
I mean... like... who'dve thunk it... ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.