Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 50   Go Down

Author Topic: Ok, I can officially put this 0-60 'dangle berries' to rest  (Read 113929 times)

05omegav6

Re: Ok, I can officially put this 0-60 'dangle berries' to rest
« Reply #495 on: 15 October 2015, 08:21:28 »

Well, given it is basically Elite spec with towbar, I would have to say yes... :D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 15 October 2015, 08:52:01 »

Page 34, the mice still keeping wheel running. :)
Hoof'land storeman.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 15 October 2015, 20:11:40 »

Well, given it is basically Elite spec with towbar, I would have to say yes... :D

well, in fairness to you young sir, ive now done the maths (cos im a sad barsteward) and you're actually very close to the original Vauxhall test weight.

looking at the owners manual your specific car needs to weigh 1825kg to be at the correct test weight. with a base kerb weight of 1625 (ive already minused the weight they add on for an average driver of 68kg), your towbar at 24kg, half a tank of fuel (as per your video) roughly 25kg, your body weight of around 76kg (youre 12st right from what I remember you saying once? may have made that up if so apologies lol) and the spare I assumed you were carrying at 20kg that works out at 1770kg. so youre only 55kg off which equates to 3 tenths roughly which is nowt in your case as you're well around the correct 0-60 time for your car. assuming youre happy that you timed it right. if not, like me, youll need to invest in some sort of accelerometer as tigger or opti mentioned.

So. the fact that i'm quite a bit off, and others like your good self are bang on, hopefully you understand why I'm interested to find out why.... hence the 34 page thread   :)

RIP Paul Lovejoy

05omegav6

« Reply #498 on: 15 October 2015, 20:25:08 »

well, in fairness to you young sir, ive now done the maths (cos im a sad barsteward) and you're actually very close to the original Vauxhall test weight.

looking at the owners manual your specific car needs to weigh 1825kg to be at the correct test weight. with a base kerb weight of 1625 (ive already minused the weight they add on for an average driver of 68kg), your towbar at 24kg, half a tank of fuel (as per your video) roughly 25kg, your body weight of around 116kg (youre a fat sod right from what I remember you saying once? may have made that up if so apologies lol) and the spare I assumed you were carrying at 20kg that works out at 1770kg. so youre only 15kg off which equates to 3 tenths roughly which is nowt in your case as you're well around the correct 0-60 time for your car. assuming youre happy that you timed it right. if not, like me, youll need to invest in some sort of accelerometer as tigger or opti mentioned.

So. the fact that i'm quite a bit off, and others like your good self are bang on, hopefully you understand why I'm interested to find out why.... hence the 34 page thread   :)

Fixed for accuracy :D, but all the plod wiring and boxes more than make up for it... Light bar is nearly 20kgs on its own :o

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 15 October 2015, 20:38:23 »

looking at the owners manual your specific car needs to weigh 1825kg to be at the correct test weight. with a base kerb weight of 1625 (ive already minused the weight they add on for an average driver of 68kg), your towbar at 24kg, half a tank of fuel (as per your video) roughly 25kg, your body weight of around 116kg (youre a fat sod right from what I remember you saying once? may have made that up if so apologies lol) and the spare I assumed you were carrying at 20kg that works out at 1770kg. so youre only 15kg off which equates to 3 tenths roughly which is nowt in your case as you're well around the correct 0-60 time for your car. assuming youre happy that you timed it right. if not, like me, youll need to invest in some sort of accelerometer as tigger or opti mentioned.

Fixed for accuracy :D, but all the plod wiring and boxes more than make up for it... Light bar is nearly 20kgs on its own :o

f... off are you 18 stone  ;D ;D ;D when I met you at the xmas curry you were a slender young man  :-* so unless you're suffering from a reccent addiction to jam whats happened  ??? ;D

anyways, as mentioned im happy that yours is doing what it says on the tin and I did it in almosy identical fashin based on what you've said. therefore I conclude I have a performance issue  :-X with my omega

:y :y :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: 15 October 2015, 20:41:58 »

This could be the start of an interesting thread. :)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 15 October 2015, 20:44:33 »

;D ;D ;D

opti, was it your good self that mentioned the performance meter? I don't fancy buying one and thenreturning it (asi don't even have the cash to do that  ;D)...is there any cheaper alternative? cos once ive done my performance testing and made suretheres nothing wrong I want to gofor a proper run at santa pod (or similar)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

05omegav6

« Reply #502 on: 15 October 2015, 21:39:08 »

Ok, maybe not that much... :-[

aaronjb

« Reply #503 on: 15 October 2015, 23:14:01 »

It's starting to sound like a dating thread with all the compliments in Webby's post..  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #504 on: 15 October 2015, 23:18:39 »

It's starting to sound like a dating thread with all the compliments in Webby's post..  ;D
There's a gaping chasm between being single and being desperate :-*

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 15 October 2015, 23:26:56 »

;D ;D ;D

opti, was it your good self that mentioned the performance meter? I don't fancy buying one and then returning it (as I[size=78%] don't even have the cash to do that [/size] ;D [/size][size=78%])...is there any cheaper alternative? cos once ive done my performance testing and made sure theres nothing wrong I want to go for a proper run at santa pod (or similar)[/size]

I've got one if you're interested. Race Technology AP22; one of the functions is automatic 0-60 timing

05omegav6

« Reply #506 on: 16 October 2015, 00:53:24 »

Oh alright then...

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 16 October 2015, 18:11:22 »

;D ;D ;D

opti, was it your good self that mentioned the performance meter? I don't fancy buying one and then returning it (as I[size=78%] don't even have the cash to do that [/size] ;D [/size][size=78%])...is there any cheaper alternative? cos once ive done my performance testing and made sure theres nothing wrong I want to go for a proper run at santa pod (or similar)[/size]

I've got one if you're interested. Race Technology AP22; one of the functions is automatic 0-60 timing

VERY interested nick. if youre looking to sell it or if I could perhaps rent it just pm me details :) cheers mate
RIP Paul Lovejoy

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 17 October 2015, 08:40:19 »

There's a gaping chasm between being single and being desperate :-*

Since when?
Boyo goes out on the pull, night starts getting near its end, boyo starts getting desperate, looks around, and whooosh, he pulls, wakes up and runs away, happen's every weekend up and down the country, or throughout the WORLD, its a learning thingy.

If webby and tele-porter wish to come to Cambridgeshire oof Xmas curry, we are all welcomingly. ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 17 October 2015, 20:35:06 »

;D ;D ;D

I have more questions  ;D

As mentioned before, can auto box / transmission wear cause power loss? If so how and why?

If I have good compression (as I do in my car) can I still have bottom end wear of some sort that can cause power loss? I can't see this being the case cos my understanding is as long as the compression is good the bottom end is good? I know Mark said this shouldn't wear but looking at all things  :)

Anyone ever had a engine oil analysis done? This is where they take a sample of oil and give you a report to state what metal contents are in the oil thus you're able to work out and narrow down if a comment is wearing. Thinking about doing this. Cod I'm sad  :)
RIP Paul Lovejoy
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 50   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.