Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diagnostic Fault Codes  (Read 1610 times)

Hollybob

• Bushey, Herts
    • View Profile
Diagnostic Fault Codes
« on: 25 August 2010, 17:14:52 »

I've got an S Reg 2.5 Diesel Omega. My diagnostic light has been coming on although it hasn;t been coming on when I start the car in the morning, it comes on after I've switched the engine on, left it for a while and restarted it.

I've just had to pay £47 to Vauxhall's to run it through their machine and it has come up with two codes.

The actual description says : T/C 54 present fuel solenoid test incorrect or short to ground.   T/C 92 present cruise control device circuit open or high voltage. Requires further investigation. The guy at Vauxhall was none the wiser with this and sais that they would have to do a further 'electrical test' which would hopefully shed further light on the problem. For that they will charge a further 2 hours labour at £92 per hour and STILL may then only be in a position to tell me what the problem is. No I don't have a problem paying to have a car repaired but it seems to be a bit rich to have to pay £250 just for them to TELL me whats wrong..!  From the codes I've given does anyone have any ideas what the problem may be...?

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
Re: Diagnostic Fault Codes
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2010, 17:21:30 »

code 92 is normal if no cc stalk fitted,as the car is asking for it all the time,but vx being greedy only put it on the better spec cars,and an opition on the gls/cd models :y

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2010, 17:23:01 »

AS for the other code i would check and clean the wire to the solenoid on the diesel pump  :y :y

Hollybob

• Bushey, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2010, 17:25:23 »

Charlie, thanks for your reply....but whats a cc stalk...? And I forgot to mention on my original message....although the 92 code related to a cruise control device, I haven't got cruise control on the car...!

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2010, 17:25:27 »

I dont want to rub salt into your wounds,but you could have getting these codes by doing the paperclip test.if you check the forum how to do it :'( :'( :'(

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2010, 17:32:15 »

Charlie, thanks for your reply....but whats a cc stalk...? And I forgot to mention on my original message....although the 92 code related to a cruise control device, I haven't got cruise control on the car...!
the cc stalk is a indictor switch,on a car with cruise control fitted there a letter I and a letter R WITH THREE BUTTONS at the end of the switch,as yours does not have cruise control code 92 is normal,does not need investigating
« Last Edit: 25 August 2010, 17:39:42 by charlie »

Hollybob

• Bushey, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2010, 17:40:35 »

Thanks Charlie. The strange thing was that the guy from Vauxhall said that neither code could be deleted....do you think he was just saying that to prompt me to book it in...?  The problem is that it doesn't get investigated/deleted then presumably the diagnostic light wont go out...?

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2010, 17:47:53 »

code 92 will not bring on the light,and can not be deleted unless you add cruise control by buying a indictor switch(part no 9181012 ).   unsure about the other code and why he would say that.                           

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2010, 17:59:32 »

Hollybob, worth updating your profile with your location, as you may find that somebody is nearby with a better code reader than Vauxhall and also knows how to use it !!

;)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Hollybob

• Bushey, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 August 2010, 19:56:57 »

Thanks Dave. Interestingly enough though a mate of mine took me to his friends garage first and he had a diagnostic machine but on his one it cam up with '3 undesignated faults'.

It was him that actually suggested that in the light of that coming up that only a Vauxhall garage would be able to diagnose the fault.  In terms of location though, I live in Bushey, Hertfordshire which is near to Watford.

iggy21uk

• Omega Knight
  • Berkhamsted - Herts
  • Omega Spotter -  tats gone tanning
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2010, 20:35:22 »

Thanks Dave. Interestingly enough though a mate of mine took me to his friends garage first and he had a diagnostic machine but on his one it cam up with '3 undesignated faults'.

It was him that actually suggested that in the light of that coming up that only a Vauxhall garage would be able to diagnose the fault.  In terms of location though, I live in Bushey, Hertfordshire which is near to Watford.

Put this in User  CP  [see tabs at top of page] then edit profile  :y
[size=10]Opelscanner Can owner / Cam lock kit owner [/size] [/i][/b]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.