Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHERE DO I START  (Read 862 times)

dragon33

• swansea
    • View Profile
WHERE DO I START
« on: 14 January 2007, 22:01:51 »

after looking over my  2.5 v6 cd prefacelift which i bought for £100 im now in a quandry on where to start with servicing this car,faults i have found so far are ,engine management light constantly on,previous owner used it like that for 6 months said something about having the rocker cover gasket changed and light didnt reset i got a constant brake pad warning on in display ,i have no manual for this car so no instructions on how things work,i get a red dome on my sunroof facia which i assume is an infra red receptor,yet i only have one key,the car runs like and sounds like a bag of shit,mainly misfires and exhaust noise ,how the hell do you access the dis unit and occasionally i get a smell of petrol into the cab but cant see any signs of leakage at the union,is owning an omaga worth all this or do ijust give up at the first hurdle,all advice greatly appreciated as this car has the engine in the wrong way and two extra plugs lol

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: WHERE DO I START
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2007, 22:05:53 »

In FAQ section is a reference to paperclip test - this will tell you why EML on. That would be a start...
Grumpy old man

dragon33

• swansea
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2007, 22:09:18 »

ok thats first on my list for tomorrow then :y

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2007, 22:42:59 »

And engine is in the correct way, you have just been miseducated uo to this point! ;)

Once you get the codes, we can help sort the EM light as TheBoy stated. :)

Don't worry, nothing too serious by the sound of it, and at £100 you have little to lose.

Oh, but be warned, the DIS pack is a bit of a swine to access....
The Administrator.

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2007, 14:29:40 »

Hopefully the EML is just something that got forgotten to be plugged back in after the rocker cover replacement.  Any oil in the plug wells? if genuine gaskets weren't used, then they may well have failed already.  About £60 for a set inc black sealant without TC.
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.